About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Is there a cure or something for this?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 musicalfailure

musicalfailure

Anorexia in the Key of B/P Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,107 posts
  • LocationAs far away from paradise as you can possibly be..

Posted 29 March 2016 - 07:33 AM

I'm really starting to hit a realisation that, if I ever want to recover, overcoming purging will be a problem. Not just because of the emotions and addictive feeling it has, but because of this. I've been trying to keep purging to an absolute minimum over the last week because it never does any good for me whatsoever but, whenever I felt more towards full than hungry, I could feel it start to come back up anyway and I even choked on some regurgitated juice a couple of times :/

It's so annoying, while I want to keep it right now because I have no interest in recovery, I also know that one day that could change and yet I'll be fighting my body's physical urges every day to keep my food down. And I just don't see how that would be sustainable when it's so much more physically comfortable to just throw up.

Anyway...yeah, does anyone know if there is any medication or anything that helps keep this under control or make it stop?

Spoiler

My Accountability

tumblr_m9xovuBaz31r1l147o1_500.gif

Currently struggling with Anorexia Nervosa

Previously Diagnosed: EDNOS, Restrictive & Purging (Feb 2015) + Bulimia Nervosa (Sep 2013)

Undiagnosed Rumination Disorder

CW: LW (Unconfirmed because I'm a coward)

HW: 139lbs (BMI: 21.1)

LW: Under 118lbs (BMI: < 17.9)

GW: 92lbs (BMI: 13.9)

Height: 173cm (5'8")

(I don't have a UGW, it'll never be enough :()

gallery_107479_12557_10484.jpg

:wub: CHEST BONES, THIGH GAPS, HIP BONES, ARM GAPS, CHEEK BONES :wub:

tumblr_mpa1bpjI531svs8v4o1_500.gif

#2 Here To Help

Here To Help

Advanced Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,251 posts
  • LocationU.S.A.

Posted 29 March 2016 - 08:44 AM

Yes. They give you zoloft or prozac (I think) plus counseling, behavior modification, and nutrition counseling. I was never bulimic but I was severely anorexic and years later, even though the old thought patterns are still there, they are more like whispers than shouts and they just kind of float away.

• forever-broken likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users