About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

rumination disorder?

rumination rumination disorder rumination syndrome

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 holdmedown

holdmedown

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 01:23 PM

hello ahaha 

i'm 14, and it could be that i have a rumination disorder, but i'm not sure so i wanted to ask.

when i eat, doesn't matter what, like a mouth-full is coming up again, but it doesn't taste like shit, like puking normally does. i could literally chew it down again, and then it's like nothing happened. i've had that for about 2 weeks now, but my problem is, that i can't feel it coming up again, so i could literally hold a presentation in front of the president and it could happen without me feeling that something's coming. i even stopped talking that much in my friends group, in fear of it coming up while speaking with them. and i don't really want to talk to them about it, because it sounds FUCKING DISGUSTING. 

so i wanted to ask if you'd call this a rumination disorder, thanks for the help.

mary 

#2 Cappuchina

Cappuchina

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 29 May 2016 - 11:01 PM

I am not sure, it sounds more like a health condition... You should definitely go to a doctor.
Rumination means that you eat something and then, before chewing it down, you spit it up again, but on purpose. If this applies to you, then you probably suffer from Rumination, but if you don't do it on purpose there is for sure something wrong :/
🔓 54 kg [119 lbs] (BMI 19,83)
🌟 50 kg [110 lbs] (BMI 18,87)
🔒 48 kg [105 lbs] (BMI 17,63)
🔒 46 kg [101 lbs] (BMI 16,90)
🌟 40 kg [88 lbs] (BMI 14,69)
🔒 38 kg [83 lbs] (BMI 13,96)
🔒 35 kg [77 lbs] (BMI 12,86)
🔒 32 kg [70 lbs] (BMI 11,75)
🌟 30 kg [66 lbs] (BMI 11,02)

#3 DeathThreats

DeathThreats

Advanced Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 17 June 2016 - 12:17 AM

I have this. I literally just found out. It happened during my bulimic episodes and I've been purging in my mouth, rechewing and swallowing for a few months now

picgifs-coffee-8621714.gif

5'8"

HW: 149.9 lbs
LW: 86.0 lbs
CW: 87.0 lbs
UGW: 79 lbs

#4 Ginogre

Ginogre

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 02:55 PM

Ask your doctor about it! It is rumination because you are choosing to chew it and reswallow it but it happens when your stomach is no longer working properly so gastroparesis may be part of the issue as well as your eating disorder

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rumination, rumination disorder, rumination syndrome

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users