PM issues

MPA is a forum and community to offer support and recovery for those afflicted with an eating disorder. It is not a place to encourage people to further their eating disorder. Please be cognizant of this and make MPA the support community it needs to be.

Photo

~How to Become Ana~

tips tricks ana anorexia how to become anorexic finding ana how to get anorexia

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 meatloaf

meatloaf

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:48 PM

Now that I have your attention! ;)

Now this isn't a thread to call names or offend anyone. What I would like to talk about is eating disorders, and how they all apply to us.

Firstly, there are a lot of girls (and boys!) here who have anorexia. They developed an eating disorder with time and a lot of negative reinforcement from friends, family, lovers, the media. They might have lived through a tragic ordeal, and unwillingly developed an eating disorder as a means to cope. There are people on this site who have been hospitalised, repeatedly. There are people on this site who have lost their lives to their disorder.

Now there are a lot of girls on here who don't have anorexia. That's okay! You're still very welcome to stay here! Maybe you want to obtain anorexia, because you're so miserable with your weight and your self that it seems like the only option. Honestly? That's how most eating disorders start. But having an eating disorder doesn't mean you have anorexia. Personally, I suffer from EDNOS, which stands for Eating Disorder Not Otherwise Specified. My eating habits are incredibly disordered, and are very dependent on my life and emotions. I've been purging, fasting, restricting and binge eating - off and on - for eight years. I have days where I don't eat. I can't. The feeling of food in my stomach makes me physically ill. There are days I feel great and eat healthily and normally. Most days I restrict heavily. And I don't talk about my struggle with "Ana" and how "she" effects my life. She doesn't effect my life, I'm not anorexic.

Now, to all you girls (and boys) who hate yourself and desperately want to obtain anorexia, you're already sick. Your eating is probably already disordered - days of strict dieting, followed by evening binges? That's disordered eating, and you can happily fit under the big umbrella that covers the huge family that is EDNOS (: If you want to give "EDNOS" a girly name that makes her feel more relatable, I've known people who call her Edna.

Please, please don't call yourself anorexic, because it is very offensive to those who are fighting for their lives against a disease that is killing them. To say that you're suffering the way that they are undermines their own situation. And that isn't to say that you're not suffering as well, only a different way.

I really hope that this thread doesn't get locked, so please keep replies inoffensive and open minded. Everyone here is suffering from their own problems, and I think a lot of the anger between groups is simply due to misunderstanding.

Stay beautiful <3

• NotSoLovingLoveHandles, ★LostGirl★, Vanessa and 18 others like this

tumblr_mg5tiiH1Lo1rnbh24o1_r1_500.gif

Operation Zero

Day One: 132lbs

Day Three: 124.5lbs

#2 Beautifulbones11

Beautifulbones11

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:59 PM

I'm anorexic and yes it is frustrating when people call themselves anorexic and u can tell there faking. but yes I love everyone here and everyone is welcome I know that <3 one day I hope to get better xx
  • ★LostGirl★, Simone86 and thisismyaddiction like this

#3 lol Ian

lol Ian

Advanced Mia Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:06 PM

I liked this thread, meatloaf.  Very well put together.  Speaking of girly names for what affects us, Mia was a cunt to me tonight.  I'm going to be smelling vomit all day tomorrow from what she did to my nose, just like I had to smell it all day today because she was mean to me last night!  :angry: I can already feel my throat starting to get sore, so I know it's going to be killing me tomorrow... FOR THE SECOND DAY IN A ROW!  Why is she so mean?  :(

<_< "be the broken or the breaker"  <_< 

kik: Aesthetic_Ian  :ph34r: 

- Bulimic  :o 

- Bipolar II Disorder  ;)  :lol:  :(  :angry: 

- Antisocial Personality Disorder (Sociopath)  :ph34r: 

- Narcissistic Personality Disorder  ^_^ 

Love me and worship me.

I'll lavish you and ravish you.

Fulfill all wishes and fetishes too.

People fear death even more than pain.
It's strange that they fear death.
Life hurts a lot more.
At the point of death, the pain is over.

#4 meatloaf

meatloaf

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:17 PM

Dump that bitch! Haha!

I hate Mia, I had my first real b/p in months the other night. Doesn't feel good, bro -___-

Operation Zero

#5 Screamingskinny

Screamingskinny

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:42 PM

I feel fat. But I keep breaking every diet I try. I might post a pic later

#6 lol Ian

lol Ian

Advanced Mia Sage

• Members
  • 1,199 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:21 PM

Dump that bitch! Haha!

I hate Mia, I had my first real b/p in months the other night. Doesn't feel good, bro -___-

It DOES feel good though.  it's just the sore throat and the fact that all I can smell is puke that makes me sad.

Love me and worship me.

Life hurts a lot more.

#7 Miss_Used

Miss_Used

Advanced Sage

• Supporter
  • 2,350 posts
  • LocationNorth DaSnowta

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:46 AM

When I saw the title and the author I just knew it would be interesting!

Very well explained. :) Agree 110%!
  • Lissa <3 likes this
Alternated between ED-NOS and BULIMIA Since January 2004 with a break from September 2011-May 2012
Height: 5'4" (162.56 cm)
HW: 205-93 kg (May 17th 2012 son born May 18th 2012)
LW: 115 July 2013

Losing it all again! My beautiful baby girl was born May 27th and I'm ready to be unfat.

#8 Simone86

Simone86

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:54 AM

I TOTALLY agree with you on this one.  Anyone who has been through the torment that is really ana would never wish it on anyone.  It is a serious mental illness, not just a desire to loose weight and be thin.  That is just how the illness presents itself.  Those are some of the symptoms of anorexia.  I am one of those people who have been hospitalized numerous times, Ive been in and out of treatment, both inpatient and outpatient.  At my worst I actually died and they had to restart my heart.  I have osteoporosis, I will never be able to have children and I have done irreversible damage to my heart and other organs.  And those are just the physical side effects of this illness.  True ana steals life from you, your friends, family, fun and spirit.  Its a debilitating disease and no-one should ever aspire to be ill with it.

• Lissa <3, pringles and Aryana like this

I am 165cm (5'5)

HW: 52kg (114lbs) = BMI = 19.1

CW: 43.8 (96lbs) = BMI = 16.0

LW: 32kg (70.4lbs) = BMI = 11.7

#9 meatloaf

meatloaf

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:58 AM

Thanks @Miss_Used!

I am so sorry to hear about all you've been through @Simone86. Stay strong <3

Operation Zero

#10 niallhoran

niallhoran

Omniscient

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,722 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:12 AM

I definitely agree! I'm EDNOS, not anorexic, and there's a very big difference in losing weight through fasting/other unhealthy ways versus a legitimate mental disease.

CW: 131

CBMI: 24.9 (normal range!!!)

HW: 162
LW: 100

I have lost 31 pounds (7 BMI points)
I have 4 pounds left to lose this month

9/30: 130 10/1; 127 10/2:125 10/3: 123 10/4: 121 10/5: 119 10/6: 117 10/7: 115 10/8: 113 10/9: 111 10/10: 110 10/11: 108

10/12: 107 10/13: 106 10/14: 105 10/15: 104 10/16: 103 10/17: 102 10/18: 101 10/19: 100 10/20: 99 10/21: 98 10/22: 97 10/23: 96 10/24: 95 10/25: 94 10/26: 93 10/27: 92 10/28: 91 10/29: 90

139 138 137 136 (GW1)135
134 133 (GW2) 132

131 (GW3) 130

129 128 (UGW1:) 127

126 125 124 123 122 (GW4) 121

120 119 118 117 116 (GW5) 115

114 113 112

110 109 (UGW2) 108

106 105

104 103 102

101 100 (GW6)

99 98 97 96 (GW7)

95 94 (GW8)

93 92 

91 90 (UGW)

AT LEAST -1.4 LBS PER DAY TO REACH GOAL
41 LBS IN 30 DAYS

Laxative Free: since 3/18 4/27 9/14
Self Harm Free: since September 2013 4/27 9/7
Purge Free: since 9/24/14

#11 Guest_makemethin!_*

Guest_makemethin!_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:38 AM

Very well put meatloaf. As a fellow ednos sufferer it angera me to know of those trying to 'get' what we have. When in all honesty i wud happily give it away if i cud jst pick that part out of my head x
  • Ana~Michelle likes this

#12 Danneh

Danneh

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts
  • LocationDevon

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:42 AM

Amen to that, Meatloaf! I admire this thread <3

• missy and meatloaf like this

Dont-Eat December

~ Dec 1 ~ Dec 2 ~ Dec 3 ~ Dec 4 ~ Dec 5 ~ Dec 6 ~ Dec 7 ~ Dec 8 ~ Dec 9 ~ Dec 10 

~ Dec 11 ~ Dec 12 ~ Dec 13 ~ Dec 14 ~ Dec 15 ~ Dec 16 ~ Dec 17 ~ Dec 18 ~ Dec 19 ~ Dec 20 ~ Dec 21

~ Dec 22 ~ Dec 23 ~ Dec 24 ~ Dec 25 ~ Dec 26 ~ Dec 27 ~ Dec 28 ~ Dec 29 ~ Dec 30 ~ Dec 31 ~

Red = Fast

Green = Eating (500cal max)

Grey = Fail

#13 missy

missy

Advanced Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:18 AM

Rather Rather has posh english would say,thst exclueds me.!lol hehe :)"
  • teresa 2fat likes this
<p>A momment on the LIPS a LIFE TIME ON THE HIPS think twice.!!!!!

STARVING FOR PERFECTION

NOTHING TASTES GOOD AS THIN
IF YOU DONT WANT TO BE FAT DONT FUCKING EAT BITCH

#14 shrink-me

shrink-me

Sage

• Members
  • 1,152 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:37 AM

This is so beautiful, it made me cry.

- R e c o v e r y -

CW: Just fucking fine

"The Devil is real. And he's not a little red man with horns and a tail. He can be beautiful. Because he's a fallen angel, and he used to be God's favorite."

aOqeomM_460sa.gif

#15 Soul

Soul

Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:43 AM

To be honest, I find labels very damning. Kinda makes you feel like you're stuck in that mold and can't break out of it. But sometimes they're needed.
  • Mitternacht-Sterne, THEMrsHansmann and meatloaf like this
rae-being-sassy.gif
large.jpg
----------------------------
                 It's all easier said than done and it's not even easy to say                    

------------------------------

soulisthis.tumblr.com

#16 EleventySeventy

EleventySeventy

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • LocationThe Carolinas

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:11 AM

I hate becoming good friends with people on here and then they say "I'll start eating normally once I get to my goal weight"...WHAT??!! X.x y go through this when you have the choice to do it the fucking healthy way??? It's not a god damn diet
  • Mitternacht-Sterne, meatloaf and imaginathin like this

#17 lol Ian

lol Ian

Advanced Mia Sage

• Members
  • 1,199 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:16 PM

missy, I have a slideshow of thinspiration as my screensaver and the girl in your profile picture is my favorite.  She is gorgeous. 

Love me and worship me.

Life hurts a lot more.

#18 Guest_HerGhostInTheFog_*

Guest_HerGhostInTheFog_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:23 PM

hmmm..maybe i have EDNOS? Because im NOT anorexic..thank you meatloaf! This really helped me :)
  • meatloaf likes this

#19 shrink-me

shrink-me

Sage

• Members
  • 1,152 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:23 PM

I hate becoming good friends with people on here and then they say "I'll start eating normally once I get to my goal weight"...WHAT??!! X.x y go through this when you have the choice to do it the fucking healthy way??? It's not a god damn diet

While I agree with you to some extent, I have to call you out on this. We all got this way because we want to be skinny. The moment you are so done of your body that you are willing to restrict, fast and purge, you are sick. You'really stuck until you're happy again. Some are sicker than others and never end up happy until they're forced into recovery or waste away into nothing. Others find their "perfect selves" and can recover on their own. We all vary in this. Please don't judge someone because they don't want to continue down this road forever.
  • Size Zero, erica82, niallhoran and 3 others like this

- R e c o v e r y -

CW: Just fucking fine

"The Devil is real. And he's not a little red man with horns and a tail. He can be beautiful. Because he's a fallen angel, and he used to be God's favorite."

aOqeomM_460sa.gif

#20 e s k i m o

e s k i m o

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts
  • Locationspace

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:35 PM

Thank you for this post.  So often eating disorders are seen as super glamorous when really they are not.  I've also been diagnosed as EDNOS and there have been some very scary moments health wise.  It's nice to be here for support and those who understand what you're going through.

I also feel as though we need not desensitize ourselves to the dangers of eating disorders.  They are true illnesses and not lifestyles.

• seabone likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tips, tricks, ana, anorexia, how to become anorexic, finding ana, how to get anorexia

Recent blog entries on this topic

Photo

The Difference Between Ana and Edna

By ThinspireToBePerfect in My Trials, Errors, and Struggles, on 07 June 2013 - 10:17 AM

Source: ~How to Become Ana~

Read Full Entry →

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users