PM issues

MPA is a forum and community to offer support and recovery for those afflicted with an eating disorder. It is not a place to encourage people to further their eating disorder. Please be cognizant of this and make MPA the support community it needs to be.

Photo

Don't use laxatives!

laxatives

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 goldilocks

goldilocks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:42 PM

The common belief is that it will make you lose weight. But a laxative performs it's duty in your colon, not in your stomach. By the time food reaches the colon, all of the calories from the food have already been absorbed by the body. The only thing you've lost is water weight which just bounces right back on. 

There are a lot of medical risks that accompany the abuse of laxatives, whether the laxative be in pill, suppository, herbal, or liquid form. Below is a list of the problems that you will encounter if you begin abusing laxatives:

• Severe abdominal pain
  • Chronic Diarrhea: After repeated use of laxatives you eventually lose control of your rectum and may find a pile of you know what in your bed or underwear when you wake up.
  • Bloating
  • Dehydration
  • Gas
  • Nausea, even vomiting
  • Electrolyte Disturbances: This can lead to heart arrythmias and heart attacks
  • Chronic Constipation

• I_already_ate likes this

#2 dietburger

dietburger

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:46 PM

Finally someone said it :D

• I_already_ate likes this

BMI: 17.0

HW: 137 lbs

CW: 103 lbs

GW1: 130lbs

GW2: 120lbs                                        Oh no, you mustn't eat it. Just... arrange it. 

GW3: 110 lbs

GW4: 100 lbs                                                       http://xanax-andwhiskey.tumblr.com/

UGW: 90lbs                                                      http://dementedspinster.tumblr.com/

Who is the third who walks always beside you?
When I count, there are only you and I together
But when I look ahead up the white road
There is always another one walking beside you
Gliding wrapt in a brown mantle, hooded
I do not know whether a man or a woman
—But who is that on the other side of you?

#3 IneedawaistlineFast

IneedawaistlineFast

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • LocationTexas, united states

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:51 PM

Tea flushes you and also it works well for cleansing the body. It tends to have a back up of excretions and when you excret them the body creates more faster so the faster you excrete the faster water and fat can come off. Remember it takes energy to perform body functions . Their for in order to use energy calories are burned.

#4 Coleen

Coleen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:55 PM

Tea flushes you and also it works well for cleansing the body. It tends to have a back up of excretions and when you excret them the body creates more faster so the faster you excrete the faster water and fat can come off. Remember it takes energy to perform body functions . Their for in order to use energy calories are burned.

Yeah, not many calories are burned. It's not exactly as if your intestinal muscels need to do much if tea is "flushing" you anyway. Diarrhoea isn't like getting a colonic. You can shit out water all you like, the fat is going to stay right where it is.

#5 IneedawaistlineFast

IneedawaistlineFast

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:04 PM

Once water is off you can work off fat.

#6 DashDoll

DashDoll

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:04 PM

I agree been there with the laxatived and done that they make yo feel yo have lost weight when you havent and feel even more pset and fustrated im currently at 90 ponds which is 41.2 in kg and 6.6 in stone i did this after stopping the laxatives as they didnt help and gave me a bitch of a stomach ache and they are jst not plesent i try to eat nder 500 caleries a day and get at least 50 mins exercise daily i walk everywhere and do zmba twice a week if i can do it so can you laxatives are for the weak be strong

#7 IneedawaistlineFast

IneedawaistlineFast

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:07 PM

Of yOu have zero calorie tea you can do a water fast but you can use tea and you will have better results faster.

#8 Coleen

Coleen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:16 PM

Once water is off you can work off fat.

That has nothing to do with fat.

#9 goldilocks

goldilocks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:00 PM

post erased

#10 I_already_ate

I_already_ate

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:13 PM

I posted in a similar topic:

Laxatives usually only empty the colon where no fat, protein or carbohydrate digestion takes place. So you loose stoolweight and a lot of water and electrolytes mainly.
Only a few laxatives work on the small intestine (you can read on the package insert) and independently, the damage one inflicts is larger than the success. Means dehydration, fatigue, hormonal disorders, blood disorders, irreversible damage to the intestine, increase of the risk of cancer to name a view. You also won't take up the vitamins and stuff you need. oh and for the "fat free diet" fans: Vitamins A,D,E,K need fat for their uptake  ;)

cheers

YOB 1987

HGT   5'9.3'' (176cm)

HW     150 - 68kg - BMI 22
LW     110 - 50kg - BMI 16,1  (2005)

SW     143 - 65kg - BMI 21,1
CLW   125 - 57kg - BMI 18,2 (1.04.13)

CW     138 - 63kg - BMI 20,3
GW     123 - 56kg - BMI 18
UGW  115 - 53kg - BMI 17

Progress

150 -  1.10.12

143 -  1.11.12

140 -  1.12.12

135 -  1.01.13

130 -  1.02.13

132 -  1.03.13

128 -  1.04.13

140 -  1.10.13

135 -  1.11.13

140 -  1.06.14

-----

135 - 01.07.14 - 1GW

125 -  22.07.14 - 2GW

-----

recommendation: http://www.bmi-calculator.net/  ,  http://www.bmi-calcu...bmr-calculator/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: laxatives

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users