PM issues

MPA is a forum and community to offer support and recovery for those afflicted with an eating disorder. It is not a place to encourage people to further their eating disorder. Please be cognizant of this and make MPA the support community it needs to be.

Photo

First Time You Ever Purged?

mia bulimia purge purging b/p

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 tintedsucrose

tintedsucrose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:51 PM

I was just wondering.. how was your first purge like? What did you binge on, where did you do it? I'm really curious :)

coincidentally, my first ever purge was today!!! awesoooome haha. at an airplane bathroom. i would've never thought it'd happen there hahaha. i ate three whole disgusting donuts in the airport and a pack of almonds :/ ew, i know. i tried to purge it in the airport but couldn't. but when i got on the plane, i downed a whole bottle of water and tried. success!! made me feel so powerful and light :3

(well, this is my first CONSCIOUS purge episode wherein i do it purposefully and because of a binge since my first actual one was when i was 9 and i had eaten a whole plate of spaghetti and was jumping around but wanted to know how it felt like throwing up all the food that i ate. i have no idea what made me do it back then lol.)

how was your first time like? ;)

"Loneliness is the human condition. Cultivate it."
SW: 94.3 lbs

CW: 92.4
GW: 88 lbs
UGW: 80 lbs
H: 5"
BMI: 18.3

KIK: mmishapp

freshman fifteen will be my undoing.

#2 cosmorexia

cosmorexia

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:54 PM

It took me like four tries to finally get it, lol. At first I was like "Omfg, how can anybody do this to themselves?" But now I do it multiple times a day  -_- It's kinda fucked up to think about how normal it's become. 

yes it me in my icon

fresh out of inpatient, ready to start back

height: 5'4"

hw/sw: 133

cw: 125

lw: 82

current goal: happy  

cosmorexia.tumblr.com be my ed blog

castaelle.tumblr.com be my fanndom/humor blog

aww yiss

#3 dying2bethin4

dying2bethin4

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:56 PM

I never have. I've been considering it for the past week or so but i'm kinda scared  :o

#4 Lorde

Lorde

Omniscient

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,643 posts
  • LocationThe Arms of the Ocean

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:23 PM

I had a week where I had been binging uncontrollably, and I would sit in the bathroom having panic attacks because I couldn't make anything come up. I suppose I finally got to the point where discomfort and pain didn't even phase my need to get it out, and I just got it done. I suppose there wasn't much coming up, but I still felt disgustingly powerful.

tumblr_n2w8vchsNm1qa6um3o1_250.gif

#5 Guest_WinterSkinny_*

Guest_WinterSkinny_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:28 PM

I had been trying to purge off and on since I was in pre-kindergarten. I was never successful and believed that I just couldn't purge for the longest time... Well, one day when I had my normal 50 calorie intake, NOT EVEN A BINGE, I felt too full and thought I should at least just TRY to purge to I could feel less guilty... Well, this time, if worked. COMPLETELY ON ACCIDENT. 
And that's when everything went downhill. I started binging and purging all the time, but I was new at it so I didn't have the "skill" and knowledge to know how to get rid of all the calories and different techniques and gagging patterns to do when my reflex was giving me issues. So I gained 20 pounds, and have been wrestling with that yo-yo weight range for the last 4 years. I'm just now able to restrict again. 
All in all, I never regret anything more than that day. It fucked up everything.

#6 Guest_RMBETTENCOURT_*

Guest_RMBETTENCOURT_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:41 PM

Mine was not a binge. I just purged because I had never eaten a normal meal before. I just hated the feeling. I felt ill. I am anorexic, so yeah.

#7 ASalton321

ASalton321

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationLockport, NY

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:55 PM

Two months ago. I ended up purging hands free which surprised me, now I'm purging almost everyday. My first time purging was amazing yet terrifying at the same time. I ate 5 - veggie chicken nuggets, a small salad, and 3 tortilla chips with salsa, equivalent to 500 calories for the day, which I felt a binge coming on. I went to the store and bought a small bag or salt and vinegar chips and 3 white chocolate truffles, I felt so disgusting after my binge that I felt the overwhelming desire to purge. I drank two full glasses off ice water until my stomach was full and bloated. I then went to the bathroom and pushed on my stomach while I leaned over the toilet. At first only a small amount of water would come up and then I coughed and all the water, chips, chocolate and some salad came up. I then drank two more glasses of water and tried again and more salad and some veggie chicken nuggets came up. I felt so powerful yet scared because I had tried multiple times in the past to purge with a tooth brush but I was unsuccessful. I've been purging almost daily since that time. I hope this helps.
- Progress -
HW - 170lbs 😱
LW - 120lbs 😄
CW - 159lbs 😒
GW1 - 145lbs 😕
GW2 - 125lbs 😐
GW3 - 115lbs 😍

#8 JessicaTheGreekGoddess

JessicaTheGreekGoddess

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts
  • LocationEast Port Norris, New Jersey

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:57 PM

It was my 12th birthday and my grandma made a rude remark on my weight after I ate my birthday meal and cake.... I felt like shit about myself and it just... Happened. O_o

I would like to apologize for any incorrect spelling or grammar. >_< English isn't my first language. I try but sometimes I fail miserably. v.v

5'6"

HW: 218 lbs (I was a fat 12 year old...)

LW: 92.5 lbs

UGW: 85 lbs 

happy-birthday-ground.gif

#9 tintedsucrose

tintedsucrose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 11:57 PM

It took me like four tries to finally get it, lol. At first I was like "Omfg, how can anybody do this to themselves?" But now I do it multiple times a day  -_- It's kinda fucked up to think about how normal it's become. 

omg yesss i've been trying to do this for a whole month before finally getting it yesterday! aww i know, i'm scared about it being a normal thing now.. i've done twice already today.. :(

#10 tintedsucrose

tintedsucrose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 11:58 PM

Two months ago. I ended up purging hands free which surprised me, now I'm purging almost everyday. My first time purging was amazing yet terrifying at the same time. I ate 5 - veggie chicken nuggets, a small salad, and 3 tortilla chips with salsa, equivalent to 500 calories for the day, which I felt a binge coming on. I went to the store and bought a small bag or salt and vinegar chips and 3 white chocolate truffles, I felt so disgusting after my binge that I felt the overwhelming desire to purge. I drank two full glasses off ice water until my stomach was full and bloated. I then went to the bathroom and pushed on my stomach while I leaned over the toilet. At first only a small amount of water would come up and then I coughed and all the water, chips, chocolate and some salad came up. I then drank two more glasses of water and tried again and more salad and some veggie chicken nuggets came up. I felt so powerful yet scared because I had tried multiple times in the past to purge with a tooth brush but I was unsuccessful. I've been purging almost daily since that time. I hope this helps.

ahh yess. i drink a looot of water too before i purge. i'm terrified about doing it daily now.. :/

#11 BloodoftheWarrior

BloodoftheWarrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:14 AM

I laughed the first time I purged. Like literally laughed out loud. I thought that it was terribly ironic that I, having been a child who was afraid of vomit/vomiting to the point of irrationality, had voluntarily made myself vomit.

Now I just think it's sad.

5'6" - 56.56 kg - 20.2 : 11/10/13

#12 ASalton321

ASalton321

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationLockport, NY

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:45 PM

ahh yess. i drink a looot of water too before i purge. i'm terrified about doing it daily now.. :/

I try to eat about 600 calories a day, it won't cause me to spontaneously pass out with that amount. If I eat within my calories, I won't purge, if I binge or have to do something unexpected (family dinner, thanksgiving, etc) I'll purge. If I can't purge because there are too many people in the house, I'll purge through exercise.
- Progress -
HW - 170lbs 😱
LW - 120lbs 😄
CW - 159lbs 😒
GW1 - 145lbs 😕
GW2 - 125lbs 😐
GW3 - 115lbs 😍

#13 Parkyourboat

Parkyourboat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 October 2013 - 01:10 PM

First time I purged was last year on christmas. I had turkey mashed potatoes brownies cookies. I got some out but not all. But practice makes perfect so if im not restricting im b/p /:

#14 Guest_Saffy_*

Guest_Saffy_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:27 PM

Mine was cheerios, I wish I never started :/

#15 Guest_CrookedRach_*

Guest_CrookedRach_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:41 PM

I think it was when I was 13 (I'm 19 now). My sister was having a birthday with a sort of buffet meal and my parents had asked me to help chaperone. I ate loads of the buffet, then went to the bathroom and purged for the first time. Don't really know why i did it. I hated my body, and it was definitely the beginnings of my disordered eating, but I didn't make a conscious decision to purge. Kind of just carried on doing it on and off until now.

#16 hopelesslyfat

hopelesslyfat

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts
  • LocationLondon, United Kingdom

Posted 11 October 2013 - 07:17 PM

My first proper b/p was in my uni dorm last year. I'd binged on a family bag of doritos, an entire pack of the big sainsburys cookies, two boxes of maltesers, a massive cadburys bar, subway, brownies, snackjacks, refried beans, salsa sauce, chocolate milkshakes, some fruit roll things and some other shit I don't remember. I spent a fortune in Sainsburry's that day. I even got asked was I having a party (LOL) 
We had sinks in our rooms last year and after I ate all the food in literally half an hour or something. I remember I started to panic and shoved my toothbrush down my throat. That night I blocked my sink and said hello to Mia.

op - trying to recover 

#17 anaanonymous

anaanonymous

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:57 AM

i felt better after purging for the first time i felt light and i loved it so i kept doing it till this day 

#18 Glaskugel

Glaskugel

Advanced Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,661 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:31 AM

Already answered this question... yesterday (I believe?) in another thread.

17 | bulimic | 5'7" | 110 lbs

"I am sorry, Mum, but I can't help it."

#19 Marshey123

Marshey123

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 10:08 AM

3 years ago, it was a motherfucking yogurt. I had been binging for years before hand and purging through restriction and fasting. I'd tried to purge but only spit came up and then I actually managed to get the yogurt up. Then I started binging and purging a few times a week to relieve my stress... 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mia, bulimia, purge, purging, b/p

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users