About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Official Chewing/Spitting thread

C/S food

• Please log in to reply
299 replies to this topic

#281 BackFromTheBinge

BackFromTheBinge

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 04:48 PM

Anyone else feel like they may actually gain weight from cs?- puffy face/jaw, bloated belly, sore mouth, heartburn, super thirsty..?Also has anyone heard about the insulin thing?- how it may be released even tho you aren't actually swallowing much/any food and thus gain weight anyways..?? .. Help, what do u guys think? I've had this problem for years- it's like my way of binge/purge. I hate it but it's addictive..
Thoughts?

I've never gained from it. Only lost. I lost as quickly as I did when I used to b/p but I find this easier, safer, and gentler. (In the world of ed's at least)

#282 BackFromTheBinge

BackFromTheBinge

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 05:22 PM

WHO ELSE IS ADDICTED TO C/Sing cookies (chocolate chip) and when i binge on it, cake?

Love to c/s cookies. Cake seems like it would be more of a pain.

#283 BackFromTheBinge

BackFromTheBinge

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 05:31 PM

Anyone go from b/p to c/s on here? If so, any advice?

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

That's exactly what I did. And I find it so much easier on my body and everything else.

#284 lifeisntthathard

lifeisntthathard

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
  • LocationTurkey

Posted 07 April 2017 - 11:29 AM

has anyone successfully chewed and spit peanut butter? i dont c/s anymore but i always had difficulty doing it lol and its my favorite food 

I just c/s d peanut butter oreos and ughhh it was the best thing

ok I actually binge c/s d (like over 2000 cals... ik gross) and I my throat and tongue hurt but I still wanna go on so I guess Ill buy some more marshmallows lol

Height:158 cm/5'2

HW: 60 kg/132.2 lb

CW: 48.8 kg

GW1: 50 kg/110.2 lb

GW2: 48 kg/105.8 lb

GW3: 45 kg/99 lb

UGW (??): 40 kg /88 lb

ae5dc5375c2707c85f078d595c6c7e6e.gif

I hope you make it to the day you're 28 years old

11f40f4dc3969ccdbe1ce75104b45360.gif

#285 lifeisntthathard

lifeisntthathard

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
  • LocationTurkey

Posted 07 April 2017 - 11:37 AM

So relieved to see this threat because CS seems to be so taboo. Does anyone else try to work out how much they would absorb as a percentage. Say I CSed 10,000 calories (just for easy math) and yes obviously swallowed some would I end up with like 10% at 1000 kcal or about 5,000 for 50% or somewhere in between.

I used to do this and I have done it rarely in the past year and when I do I genuinely freak out and fast for the next 24 hours. That way I assume if I even took in half but starved myself (plus exercise) I would have counteracted any gain after a fast day and normal healthy diet day.

Any thoughts?

I definitely do get the bloating people talk about though and that scares me the most because it looks like gain and I haven't weighted myself in a year and a bit so wouldn't dare do that!

After a few days I feel fine and strong again but I always felt I had to fast to 'reset' myself.

I think its like %10 if you're doing it properly (I often worry that I dont but I guess I do lol I haven't gained from it so far)

like I just c/s d A LOT of food and weighed myself and it's lower than morning? 

Im def bloated tho

#286 not entirely sure

not entirely sure

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 03:15 PM

Just c/s for the first time on a bag of sour Skittles. It's satisfied me so much because I just really wanted the flavour rather than the food.

#287 kagehina

kagehina

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 04:23 PM

has anyone successfully chewed and spit peanut butter? i dont c/s anymore but i always had difficulty doing it lol and its my favorite food

I didn't try, but the sticky texture would make it so hard for me to spit that it wouldn't be worth trying, I guess. I c/s peanuts and even though they don't give the slightly sweet, processed taste I like in pb; they are the basic material so I have a pretty decent taste for less calories.
162 cm (5'4") ~ 54.7 kg (121) ~ BMI: 20.8
73.............59...^.....49....44...40

#288 damagedgoods

damagedgoods

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 08 April 2017 - 12:23 PM

This. It's so relaxing and calming. I almost enjoy CS more now than I do binging. It hurts like hell, my stomach fills up with air. But it's so rewarding to look at my spitout bag or bowl and look at the contents Im not absorbing in my body. I love touching the warmth of the bag. Even smelling it if it smells like candy. God this is so sick and twisted. For any non-ED reading this - welcome to the mind of an anorexic!

I do it into a cup which I dump down the toilet. It is nice and warm after and if it's just one meal, like i just c/s some sheppard's pie, it still smells like sheppard's pie. Wow how gross am I?

I can't figure out how to weigh my c/s because I always end up with like twice as much as I started with from the saliva and swishing with water. Well more like 1/3 more I would wager. Does anyone purge their c/s? I do not. Because I always do it after a little food to avoid the ulcers. I have had stomach ulcers and esophageal ulcers and it's so unfun. But then I lost weight. But then I couldn't work or exercise. But I lost a lot of weight. But it's not worth it. Right?

Also the thing with pb

Almost every other day I have bread, pb, nutella, sometimes chocolates and nuts too (yes like choclates, nuts, nutella, pb sandwich). I am super careful with it and I still get skin breakouts from it. puffy face and eye bags.

I just like to pretend I am having a normal meal like other people can. Normal sandwich for lunch, whatever for dinner, etc for dessert. But i can't because I'd get fat(ter). So I pretend instead. Still wasteful? Maybe, especially when I binge, but at the same time if I didn't have this then I would eat that anyway, or 3/4 of it probably. 

A waist is a terrible thing to mind.

#289 theluckyone

theluckyone

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 02:00 AM

a few days ago i c/s'd an entire pizza and i didn't gain.  i swallowed a few bites because i got paranoid about the empty stomach thing but the output was pretty much similar in size to what it was before it went in, i'd say maybe one slice's worth was missing.

if you're taking in that much food would your body still raise insulin..?  i find the popular opinions about c/s really quite contrary to each other.  some say that the empty stomach causes acid and insulin spikes but then you'll find the other half of the people saying you swallow way more than you think, so..

hw 70.8kg

cw 63.5kg

april goal 60kg

PLGm4f0.jpg

ultimate knowledge gained through ultimate sacrifice

#290 scarsneverheal

scarsneverheal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 11:49 AM

I line mugs with paper towel and spit into them, then dump them in the garbage can. They're covered with paper so no one ever knows. I've lost almost 15 pounds so far!! I always eat other food while I chew and spit the other half though. I swallow the healthy food, spit out the carby foods.

I know this is late but how long did it take you to lose 15 pounds?

#291 lifeisntthathard

lifeisntthathard

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
  • LocationTurkey

Posted 22 April 2017 - 12:45 PM

lol I just did the weirdest thing- I ate quite a lot today, 1500 cals, its more than Im comfortable with even with my high restriction. but I was still hungry so I C/Sd a bowl of oatmeal... then I wanted more so I went out to buy some candy bars to c/s but when I had to pay I searched my pockets and couldnt find the money I took lmao. so I told the cashier to cancel it bc I forgot my money and she looked at me like I was the dumbest person alive... it was the cringiest moment of my life and on my walk of shame to home I found the money :')

well at least I didnt cs lol

#292 rxbhsvsg

rxbhsvsg

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 23 April 2017 - 07:49 AM

lol I just did the weirdest thing- I ate quite a lot today, 1500 cals, its more than Im comfortable with even with my high restriction. but I was still hungry so I C/Sd a bowl of oatmeal... then I wanted more so I went out to buy some candy bars to c/s but when I had to pay I searched my pockets and couldnt find the money I took lmao. so I told the cashier to cancel it bc I forgot my money and she looked at me like I was the dumbest person alive... it was the cringiest moment of my life and on my walk of shame to home I found the money :')

well at least I didnt cs lol

ha did this the other day :rolleyes:

• lifeisntthathard likes this

tumblr_n8dpzuO9BO1tziwo9o1_1280.jpg

:)    168cm // 5'6  ★  BMI: 18.4  ★  GW: 45kg // 99lbs  ★ CW: 51.4kg // 113lbs  ★   :)

#293 rxbhsvsg

rxbhsvsg

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 23 April 2017 - 07:52 AM

is it bad that i've gotten REALLY GOOD at licking the flavouring off chips/crackers when my mouth gets too dry to c/s. like i can manoeuvre my tongue around a cracker in 0.0001 seconds lmao 

• lifeisntthathard likes this

tumblr_n8dpzuO9BO1tziwo9o1_1280.jpg

:)    168cm // 5'6  ★  BMI: 18.4  ★  GW: 45kg // 99lbs  ★ CW: 51.4kg // 113lbs  ★   :)

#294 L (Death Note)

L (Death Note)

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • Locationsomewhere on the internet <3

Posted 25 April 2017 - 02:47 PM

i find the popular opinions about c/s really quite contrary to each other.  some say that the empty stomach causes acid and insulin spikes but then you'll find the other half of the people saying you swallow way more than you think, so..

this. also i feel that what most people say are just guesses. Not real evidence. 

comment_stalker_stamp_by_drick96.pngstamp__glasses_by_emotikonz.gifstamp___i__m_not_weird_by_roxy317.gif  slow_interwebz_by_prosaix-d2pp9ct.gif  stamp___not_feminine_by_foxlee.png060b8758311c74012e365d4b17409cbc.gif  deviantart_stamp_9_by_nirman.gif

i_love_manga_stamp_by_kluska_chan.gifpeople_allergy_stamp___clean_by_tirsden.i_love_anime_stamp_by_vero_g6_stamps.jpg  shy_stamp_by_neko_musume.pnggimme_coffee_by_sadiya.gifmusic_is_my_boyfriend_by_daxxe.gif  fighting_stamp_by_coolcat654.png

#295 theluckyone

theluckyone

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 07:31 PM

this. also i feel that what most people say are just guesses. Not real evidence. 

well i just so happened to do an experiment ytd because well, why not since i'm already in too deep anyway.

ytd i c/sed two boxes of oreos, they come in boxes in my country ;) that come in wrapped segments of 50g each and i just happened to use a fresh cup so i got this crazy idea to weigh the cups after.  each package was 50g originally so i c/sed one package and weighed it and with the cup the weight of the output was 42g so i have to say, based on the math i don't think i ingested that much.  however i did notice that at the end of the c/s session of originally 200g input the weight of the output was 167g so i think that as time goes on, i personally get a bit lazy and swallow a little bit more.  still the results were pretty conclusive to me that i do not swallow that much.  so for me personally as long as i keep my sessions short i think i can debunk the swallowing more than i think part of chewing and spitting for now!

yep i measured my spit out food on a food scale, new low right, but i thought it would be interesting to at least share the results.  haha.

• L (Death Note) likes this

hw 70.8kg

cw 63.5kg

april goal 60kg

PLGm4f0.jpg

ultimate knowledge gained through ultimate sacrifice

#296 NevermindMe

NevermindMe

Advanced Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 25 April 2017 - 07:39 PM

Shredded coconut & c/s do not go well together.
"Nevermind me! Nevermind me! I'll just cast shadows on your wall..." Maria Mena ("Nevermind Me")

5'8
CW: 125 lbs , BMI 19.0
Short-term GW: 125 by the last Thursday in April

GW 1: 120 lbs , BMI 18.2 (officially underweight)
GW 2: 110 lbs , BMI 16.7
UGW : 100 lbs , BMI 15.2

11 Days Binge-Free 0 days binge-free

tumblr_offbxttW3c1vgdp2co1_500.gif

tumblr_ncw0v7f4a01svy70xo1_500.gif

tumblr_na2fi5wOAu1sbcxbwo1_500.gif

tumblr_oic485K90U1uybteto3_400.gif

tumblr_o7nhh1KhOG1qj2fplo1_500.gif

tumblr_nwyk2thaGS1s0u7vwo1_500.gif

tumblr_n9ey182BkN1tq4of6o1_500.gif

tumblr_o2vxp8Htpf1sgangpo1_500.png
tumblr_o2vxp8Htpf1sgangpo2_500.png

tumblr_nmtma4QwfC1td1gi2o1_400.gif

"Bear in mind, people with eating disorders tend to be both competitive and intelligent. We are incredibly perfectionistic. We often excel in school, athletics, artistic pursuits. We also tend to quit without warning. Refuse to go to school, drop out, quit jobs, leave lovers, move, lose all our money. We get sick of being impressive. Rather, we tire of having to seem impressive. As a rule, most of us never really believed we were any good in the first place." Wasted- Marya Hornbacher

#297 L (Death Note)

L (Death Note)

Sage

• Members
  • 1,096 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:21 PM

well i just so happened to do an experiment ytd because well, why not since i'm already in too deep anyway.

ytd i c/sed two boxes of oreos, they come in boxes in my country ;) that come in wrapped segments of 50g each and i just happened to use a fresh cup so i got this crazy idea to weigh the cups after.  each package was 50g originally so i c/sed one package and weighed it and with the cup the weight of the output was 42g so i have to say, based on the math i don't think i ingested that much.  however i did notice that at the end of the c/s session of originally 200g input the weight of the output was 167g so i think that as time goes on, i personally get a bit lazy and swallow a little bit more.  still the results were pretty conclusive to me that i do not swallow that much.  so for me personally as long as i keep my sessions short i think i can debunk the swallowing more than i think part of chewing and spitting for now!

yep i measured my spit out food on a food scale, new low right, but i thought it would be interesting to at least share the results.  haha.

this is cool, however it makes me think how much does the weight increase because of saliva (i mean the "real" weight after c/s could be lower because the mass is increased by the saliva and who knows what). So basically, even if the "before" and "after" weights / mass are comparable, its still possible one swallows more than they think / know. Just a thought.

comment_stalker_stamp_by_drick96.pngstamp__glasses_by_emotikonz.gifstamp___i__m_not_weird_by_roxy317.gif  slow_interwebz_by_prosaix-d2pp9ct.gif  stamp___not_feminine_by_foxlee.png060b8758311c74012e365d4b17409cbc.gif  deviantart_stamp_9_by_nirman.gif

i_love_manga_stamp_by_kluska_chan.gifpeople_allergy_stamp___clean_by_tirsden.i_love_anime_stamp_by_vero_g6_stamps.jpg  shy_stamp_by_neko_musume.pnggimme_coffee_by_sadiya.gifmusic_is_my_boyfriend_by_daxxe.gif  fighting_stamp_by_coolcat654.png

#298 L (Death Note)

L (Death Note)

Sage

• Members
  • 1,096 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:22 PM

Did anyone notice that it could be a good abs exercise? At lease i feel like it, especially with foods which are difficult to spit out + if i lean forward

#299 antiiihvman

antiiihvman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted Yesterday, 03:55 PM

Just c/s for the first time on a bag of sour Skittles. It's satisfied me so much because I just really wanted the flavour rather than the food.

sour skittles are the first thing I c/s :P it was so satisfying. except I spit it into a bowl and it built up and was so hard to clean

#300 Kittymama

Kittymama

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationMidwest... usa

Posted Yesterday, 08:23 PM

Today i went down from 800cal to 700cal
And then a heavy craving for sweet hit ugh.. and i already had 645 cal..
So i c/s a bag of swedish fish.. which I realized was hard because that is a candy i generally suck on. I had never c/s it..
So the 1st one super got stuck in my teeth..
I then did the rest with just my front teeth.. i just dumped them out of the bag and spit back in the bag so i wouldnt make extra trash or dishes..
I feel like i got it all up but i am now trying to figure how much i should count.. looking at other posts seems like 10 to 15%??
Seem right? Even with a gummy type? I think i might count it 15% i hate not having exact.. it was just a small bag.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: C/S, food

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users