PM issues

MPA is a forum and community to offer support and recovery for those afflicted with an eating disorder. It is not a place to encourage people to further their eating disorder. Please be cognizant of this and make MPA the support community it needs to be.

Photo

When does the hunger go away?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 ThunderThighs641

ThunderThighs641

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts
  • LocationNarnia

Posted 19 November 2013 - 10:46 AM

I always eat at like 30 hours in because I'm starving. Does the hunger ever go away?

Fasting until I get a thigh gap~Finally finding my self control

Green by April 1st purple by the 11th and Light blue by the 26th

146-145-144-143-142-141-140-139-138-137-136-135-134-133-132-131-130-129-128-127-126-125-124-123-122-121-120-119-118-117-116-115-114-113-112-111-110-109

I won't stop until

I- lose my stretch marks

-Have my sister call me skinny

- Have my mother call me skinny

- Have V.M. call me skinny

- Have all 5 of my close friends notice my weight loss

- Get a boyfriend

- Like what I see in the mirror

- Be able to wear my LW sized jeans again

- Be able to wear pretty dresses

- Get called skinny by at least 10 people

- Have my family stop treating my like a binger with no self control

- Be able to go to a store and buy exactly what I want

- Lose my back fat

- Lose my bra fat

- Lose my chubby cheeks

- Get a thigh gap

- Have my doctor stop telling me to eat healthier/less

- Feel perfect

Longest fast: 65 hours

#2 anasafeplace

anasafeplace

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:04 PM

Are you setting timelines for your fasts? I'm sure you've heard this before, but hot liquids make you feel more full. It may sound extreme, but I set timers for drinking water and green tea. It really helps me maintain my fast. Sometimes your appetite will go away for a while, but when we restrict and starve the way we do, it goes against what our body wants, so we will always be hungry. Just set goals and timelines, and a daily maximum of calories you'll allow yourself. Sugar free jello helps me. Only ten calories per serving, and it fills me up!
  • needtobeskinny90 likes this

#3 theunmistaken

theunmistaken

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 19 November 2013 - 05:39 PM

the hunger goes away when you eat.

• Detrimental_Dreamer and nextyearillbeskinny like this

5'0.5"

hw: 170 ish

lw: 8 pounds 3 ounces or some shit like that.

goal: to be happy

tumblr: http://societydefined.tumblr.com/

#4 J J XXX

J J XXX

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts
  • LocationLoughborough

Posted 19 November 2013 - 05:50 PM

when you tell it to shut up ! remind yourself you hate food for what it has done to you, blame yourself for letting yourself get to the size you are, tell yourself well done with every pang, affirm yourself and say this is what you need to be feeling and what you deserve what you want if you are going to lose any weight any time soon, its all in the mind, if you keep thinking how much you hate food, and want to be empty  remind yourself hunger passes in 5 to 10 minutes, tap your stomach which stops it makin noises, drink a stock cube or diet coke, coffee or have a fag or Nicorette spray, gum makes stomach acids worse so not such a great idea, but you get used to it, after you do this for a few days, it becomes second nature i haven't eaten for 9 weeks its easier to fast when you're fat though so , if you are not that overweight, you will faint a lot quicker and wont perhaps be able to do this as easily as someone who is more overweight such as myself idk i haven't seen your stats, but yea i mean that's what i do, and i take ephedrine which is also an appetite suppressant and gives you energy there are loads of appetite suppressants, i feel hungry now, im just grateful for the feeling, because im so angry i let myself get this big every time i feel it i think well good lol mind over matter if you don't mind it doesn't matter babes

• Tina, Mrs.Holmes, bonegarden and 1 other like this

#5 Tina

Tina

Advanced Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,279 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 05 February 2014 - 12:08 AM

Any more please?

I'm desperate I always break my fasts at 48 hours :((

5' 3"

CW: 105.8 lbs (Updated Oct 15th 2014)
LW: 100-102 lbs (June to Dec 2013)

GW: 96 lbs (43.5 kg - BMI: 17 - new BMI: 17.5)

UGW: Maintain under 96 lbs

#6 Guest_Walking wintergirl_*

Guest_Walking wintergirl_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:28 PM

I struggle as soon as I reach 24 hours, and the most I've done is 34:/ I would love to know this too!

#7 oOochandleroOo

oOochandleroOo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationI live In cornfields:)

Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:33 PM

Mine usually subside after 3 or 4 days ... Then fasting gets sooooo much easier for me. It's like quitting smoking the 3 day hump... Temptation and want will still be there, but it's much more manageable . Hope that helps

weight.png

#8 emeralds

emeralds

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:41 PM

i get hunger pains from the 12 hour, and then they stop at about the 30 hour mark.

i still feel hungry, but the pain's gone.

181cm

83 82 81 80 79 78 77 76 75 74 73 72 71 70 69 68 67 66 65 64 63 62 61 60 59 58 kg

vegetarian

#9 Randomed

Randomed

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:46 PM

Ah keep going you're so close to not feeling hungry anymore! its around day 5 your body becomes more accustomed.
When I did my 11 day water fast, after the harder days which are the first lot, it was the best feeling ever! And I lost a lot of weight, its so worth it, keep going, be strong, I promise you it gets so much better!!

• Tina likes this

#10 Egg

Egg

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationAntarctica

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:57 PM

I usually stop feeling hungry after 12 hours, and I don't get hungry again until I eat again.

n-ightwishing.tumblr.com

(wait 5 seconds and press skip ad)

#11 Jade Lemonade

Jade Lemonade

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 07:23 AM

I find day one very hard with both cravings and hunger. Day 2 I find I'm not hungry but just crave food big time and day three I seem to miss eating but don't crave anything or feel hungry. Never got to day four though :-( I think everyone feels slightly different

#12 AnaMia95

AnaMia95

Advanced Sage

• Members
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 09:11 AM

If you get hunger PAIN try an antacid tablet idk .. I heard some people do tht

#13 skinny_minii

skinny_minii

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:39 AM

I take adderall so the first three days aren't that bad I usually start feeling hungry at like day 5..I've never been able to get past 5 days :(
  • PlzbPerfect likes this
height: 5'3"
cw:118
gw:99

#14 PlzbPerfect

PlzbPerfect

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 04:16 PM

Lol I take ADHD meds too! They actually help

#15 Proanafasting

Proanafasting

Advanced Sage

• Members
  • 1,638 posts
  • LocationBoston/NYC/LA

Posted 07 February 2014 - 02:33 PM

when you tell it to shut up ! remind yourself you hate food for what it has done to you, blame yourself for letting yourself get to the size you are, tell yourself well done with every pang, affirm yourself and say this is what you need to be feeling and what you deserve what you want if you are going to lose any weight any time soon, its all in the mind, if you keep thinking how much you hate food, and want to be empty remind yourself hunger passes in 5 to 10 minutes, tap your stomach which stops it makin noises, drink a stock cube or diet coke, coffee or have a fag or Nicorette spray, gum makes stomach acids worse so not such a great idea, but you get used to it, after you do this for a few days, it becomes second nature i haven't eaten for 9 weeks its easier to fast when you're fat though so , if you are not that overweight, you will faint a lot quicker and wont perhaps be able to do this as easily as someone who is more overweight such as myself idk i haven't seen your stats, but yea i mean that's what i do, and i take ephedrine which is also an appetite suppressant and gives you energy there are loads of appetite suppressants, i feel hungry now, im just grateful for the feeling, because im so angry i let myself get this big every time i feel it i think well good lol mind over matter if you don't mind it doesn't matter babes

HW 95? Don't want to say 100. I stopped weighing. This was in winter 1995/1996.
LW 61 during fasting in 2010 summer, it was a healthy thing/ healthy weight for fasting time
CW somewhere in low 70s? Sorry, can't weigh or I'll binge. And I'll get scared to do the fasting I need to do to heal from my hepatitis.

My weight from spring 1996 until the present has never gone over 75.

GOALS:
•Binge-free (have 50 days shadily binge-free, as of 2/10/14)
•Diet Purity, no exceptions ever (ultimate goal: bitter raw green nonstarchy sprouts only. Path to that goal: progressively lower-calorie-density committed diet: nothing ever that isn't low cal density. Current: no committed limit to cal density, but committed to low total daily caloric intake, with ABC diet. I'm on day 29 as of 2/10/14. I will do the diet at least 3 times through, purifying diet content as I go so that, I hope, I just start fasting as my diet becomes totally non-tempting. As of this thurs 2/13/14: permanent upper limit of cal density = 2.58 cal per gram. Next goals = limit of 1.5, then 1 cal/gram. Calorie density Limits won't apply to non-starchy bitter/ nauseating sprouts. Increasing diet purity supported by increasing strictness adhering to ABC daily calorie limits, then if necessary setting daily cal limits below ABC until my diet is perfect, which I hope prompts fasting, which I'll start when I achieve ideal diet content.
•Long-term fasting annually (40 day fast annually). Currently: maybe weekly an unintentional 24h fast

#16 Proanafasting

Proanafasting

Advanced Sage

• Members
  • 1,638 posts
  • LocationBoston/NYC/LA

Posted 07 February 2014 - 02:41 PM

Hi, this caught my eye. This is beautiful! You've fasted 9 weeks ? I need to do a long fast. Really was encouraged by this. Has this been a water fast ? Did you keep a journal? Can you describe the fast any further ? I'm trying to teach myself the skill of fasting . It's a myth that thin ppl have a harder time, that's the only point where I disagree, I think it can even be easier when you are thin because it's not such a shock/ difference to the system. See Gandhi, Olivia Cohen, even Jasmuheen.
And fasting is GREAT for EVERYBODY'S body thin or fat . Adipose tissue is a superficial feature whereas what really benefits from a fast is ones whole internal system of organs and we all have a liver, intestines and heart and brain... and you DONT need a lot of adipose tissue to fast easily because the body adjusts its metabolism according to its reserves so whatever, I don't want to argue about whether its easy to fast, just if you can please describe your process in more detail? Thanks!
HW 95? Don't want to say 100. I stopped weighing. This was in winter 1995/1996.
LW 61 during fasting in 2010 summer, it was a healthy thing/ healthy weight for fasting time
CW somewhere in low 70s? Sorry, can't weigh or I'll binge. And I'll get scared to do the fasting I need to do to heal from my hepatitis.

My weight from spring 1996 until the present has never gone over 75.

GOALS:
•Binge-free (have 50 days shadily binge-free, as of 2/10/14)
•Diet Purity, no exceptions ever (ultimate goal: bitter raw green nonstarchy sprouts only. Path to that goal: progressively lower-calorie-density committed diet: nothing ever that isn't low cal density. Current: no committed limit to cal density, but committed to low total daily caloric intake, with ABC diet. I'm on day 29 as of 2/10/14. I will do the diet at least 3 times through, purifying diet content as I go so that, I hope, I just start fasting as my diet becomes totally non-tempting. As of this thurs 2/13/14: permanent upper limit of cal density = 2.58 cal per gram. Next goals = limit of 1.5, then 1 cal/gram. Calorie density Limits won't apply to non-starchy bitter/ nauseating sprouts. Increasing diet purity supported by increasing strictness adhering to ABC daily calorie limits, then if necessary setting daily cal limits below ABC until my diet is perfect, which I hope prompts fasting, which I'll start when I achieve ideal diet content.
•Long-term fasting annually (40 day fast annually). Currently: maybe weekly an unintentional 24h fast

#17 Innercontrol

Innercontrol

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 08 February 2014 - 03:37 AM

For me, it is all about self hatred. I fast if I am convinced enough that I need it. I used to be able to fast a week at a time but that seems to be harder in my 20s; I tend to liquid fast every week, my normal schedule (for the last 2 months) unless I mess up is:

Monday: 300 calories

Tuesday: Liquid fast (max 150 calories)

Wednesday: 350 calories

Thursday: Liquid fast (max 150 calories)

Friday-Sunday: Water/tea fast (20 calories max) one day, 300 calories one day, metabolism boost of 800 calories one day

This seems to work pretty well for me. I also don't eat over 50 carbs a day unless I have been an idiot and binged.When my weight was a little higher, I lost 15 pounds in a week doing this. I also find it way easier to liquid fast for a day and then eat the next because it makes it so I binge WAY less. Hope this helps. I hope you are well.

Hw: 165 fat pounds
Cw: ask if you wantLw: 90

GW1: 120

GW2: 110

GW3: 90
UGW: 88
5'3"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users