About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Outpatient for rumination?

Rumination Outpatient Question Hospital Nhs

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 LNLThin

LNLThin

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 20 November 2016 - 07:34 AM

About 2.5 years ago I noticed I was being sick/bringing food back up in my mouth after eating. I had been bullimic for about 2-3 years at that point and intially doctors thought It was a physical problem where I had damaged something that meant food was just coming up. I spent allmost a year having loads of tests for them to say nothing is wrong physically.
I told my councilor who works part time in an inpatient ed unit and she said i will probably be reffered to an outpatient ed unit as at this point if it is physcological then it is classed as an ed.
I am nervous if that happens (i need to ask gp for refferal she will decide who to), because I have been restricting calories to around 900 to loose weight. i have lost over 4 stone and I am still a little bit overweight (only by 3lb now), I don't want them to force me to eat meals as part of therapy for them to see me ruminate and to help deal with it.
Has anyone been to an outpatient unit? I am also nervous because I am overweight and if i see others who are underweight I will feel awfull about myself. I am over 18 so I don't have to go and the rumination isn't life threatening of course so I could live with it, however it happens pretty much after every time I eat or drink.

#2 Triggering Strip-Tease

Triggering Strip-Tease

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,269 posts
  • LocationNaperville, Illinois

Posted 17 January 2017 - 05:25 PM

I didn't know there were programs....

cory-in-the-house-is-best-anime-ever-mad

29b81c0e33e9f4b27bde2320ab895190.gif

Current Weight: 123(fluctuating, for the most part just maintaining to avert Treatment)

GW1: 120 (This is based off my current weight, 123.)

GW2: 112

GW3: 107

UGW: 102 - 100

#3 musicalfailure

musicalfailure

Anorexia in the Key of B/P Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,637 posts
  • LocationAs far away from paradise as you can possibly be..

Posted 22 January 2017 - 08:13 AM

Outpatient is usually just once or a couple times a week meetings, so you won't be made to eat when you're there.

It's worth telling them about the rumination, I think a lot of people with EDs have it tbh but don't realise they do and think it's just their way of purging.

The problem comes though when you start not trying to purge what you eat anymore, and then suddenly you find yourself regurgitating things out of your control.

They need to know really that you struggle with that because it's gonna be hard when you want to stop purging and you're still dealing with those physical urges.

Spoiler

My Accountability

tumblr_m9xovuBaz31r1l147o1_500.gif

Currently struggling with Anorexia Nervosa

Previously Diagnosed: EDNOS, Restrictive & Purging (Feb 2015) + Bulimia Nervosa (Sep 2013)

Undiagnosed Rumination Disorder

CW: LW (Unconfirmed because I'm a coward)

HW: 139lbs (BMI: 21.1)

LW: Under 118lbs (BMI: < 17.9)

GW: 92lbs (BMI: 13.9)

Height: 173cm (5'8")

(I don't have a UGW, it'll never be enough :()

gallery_107479_12557_10484.jpg

:wub: CHEST BONES, THIGH GAPS, HIP BONES, ARM GAPS, CHEEK BONES :wub:

Longest Fast: 26 Days (21st April - 17th May, 2015)

tumblr_mpa1bpjI531svs8v4o1_500.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Rumination, Outpatient, Question, Hospital, Nhs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users