Vegetable only diet? - Member Diets - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Vegetable only diet?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Trix91

Trix91

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1142 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 20 December 2013 - 10:20 AM

Anyone do vegetables only? I find that I lose the most weight this way...anyone else?
CW: 134
GW1: 120
GW2: 115
GW3: 110
UGW: 105

#2 light-feather

light-feather

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:48 PM

I did, and i lost like 7 kilos / 15 pounds  in like less than month (I was also swimming a lot as I was on vacations)

#3 Trix91

Trix91

Sage

• Members
  • 1142 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 20 December 2013 - 03:19 PM

I did, and i lost like 7 kilos / 15 pounds  in like less than month (I was also swimming a lot as I was on vacations)

What kinds of vegetables did you eat mostly?

#4 light-feather

light-feather

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 06:54 PM

Carrots , cucumbers, tomatoes - raw - but i ate plenty of watermelon also because i love watermelon. Since then i've been eating way too much (of everything) and i gained back the weight... but I'm getting back on track and will lose 7kg again because it was the ''perfect'' weight for me at this time:)
Anyway what about you ? (Do you have any tip or advice for me? )
Have a nice day x

#5 light-feather

light-feather

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 01:26 AM

oh and i know 15 pounds is not that much from eating only vegetables in a month and kind of working out but i was already ''underweight'' (5'10 and 125 to 110 lbs) and had trouble getting those 15 lbs off. :)

#6 Trix91

Trix91

Sage

• Members
  • 1142 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 22 December 2013 - 12:00 PM

oh and i know 15 pounds is not that much from eating only vegetables in a month and kind of working out but i was already ''underweight'' (5'10 and 125 to 110 lbs) and had trouble getting those 15 lbs off. :)

THAT IS AMAZING!!!

#7 Trix91

Trix91

Sage

• Members
  • 1142 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 22 December 2013 - 12:04 PM

I eat mostly zucchini and spinach raw, some grape tomatoes. Eat cook spaghetti squash in the oven and a whole cup of that is only 40 calories, I'll put mushrooms with that also. Very very filling and very low calorie.
Right now, I'm having a hard time, my family is here for the holidays and everyone is watching me like a hawk...I've gained 2lbs...which I'm hoping is water weight.
I can't wait until after the holidays, I'd love to get down to 110. Once everybody leaves, I'll have a much easy time...until then I have to really be careful for the next 7 days.

#8 Obsessed

Obsessed

Sage

• Members
  • 1179 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 22 December 2013 - 12:12 PM

I want to try this is the new year =) Going to use "new years resolution" as an excuse haha 
any tips? =)

When everything seems to be falling to pieces... just remember there are people out there who love you.
Remember them and know that everything will be ok in the end

#9 Guest_h.k.farewell_*

Guest_h.k.farewell_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 December 2013 - 01:11 PM

I do this, and I lose loads of weight. I'll fast all day then make myself a HUGE bowl of veggies that's 100-200 calories.

#10 light-feather

light-feather

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 09:45 PM

I eat mostly zucchini and spinach raw, some grape tomatoes. Eat cook spaghetti squash in the oven and a whole cup of that is only 40 calories, I'll put mushrooms with that also. Very very filling and very low calorie.
Right now, I'm having a hard time, my family is here for the holidays and everyone is watching me like a hawk...I've gained 2lbs...which I'm hoping is water weight.
I can't wait until after the holidays, I'd love to get down to 110. Once everybody leaves, I'll have a much easy time...until then I have to really be careful for the next 7 days.

Thank you !x
Oh that is a perfect plan, i'm sure you will reach your goal :)
And good luck with your family! I know it can be pretty difficult sometimes.. 

#11 Butterfly kisses

Butterfly kisses

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 23 November 2021 - 03:41 PM

Vegetables are mainly water, a huge bowl of them (I have frozen mixed variety, carrots brocoli and cauliflower) blasted in micro and covered in chilli flakes fills you up so much. Great for skin, bowels etc and above all.... Weight loss
If that's all you're having each day (I have a couple of coffees, dairy free, it's a win win. There's no fat, very little Protein and not much else so just be careful.

What the HELL am i even doing HERE?!

GET A FUCKING GRIP! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

#12 rivversflowing

rivversflowing

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 23 November 2021 - 08:13 PM

I'd recommend some form of protein supplement. You're at risk of protein deficiency which will fuck with... basically every single bodily function. More than just calorie deficit alone.

hydrate h*e

#13 𝚗𝚎𝚣𝚞𝚔𝚘

𝚗𝚎𝚣𝚞𝚔𝚘

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 24 November 2021 - 04:12 AM

If you want high protein fruits/vegetables go for broccoli, spinach, cauliflower, peas, jackfruit, mushrooms etc… you can never be protein deficient eating just fruits and veggies... Plant power!!! The only way you can be protein deficient is if you are eating next to nothing. If you are worried about protein though, beans/legumes and tofu are excellent sources of protein! Xx

accountability

₍ᐢ Ì¥ ̞ ̥ᐢ₎ â€

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users