Weight Watchers is essentially HSGD with... - WeightWatchers - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Weight Watchers is essentially HSGD with...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_FearlessKatie_*

Guest_FearlessKatie_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 December 2013 - 03:21 PM

...food type requirements.

HSGD is a certain number of calories per day, with free fruit and vegetables, varying calories from day to day.

Weight Watchers basic minimum points diet is 26 points (basically 1100 calories), with free fruit and vegetables.  It is healthier than HSGD with similar results because it requires certain foods to be eaten each day for a more balanced low-calorie diet.

Points are calculated using a proprietary equation, which is something like this: PointsPlus = Protein/10.94 + Carbohydrates/9.17 + Fat/3.89 - Fiber/12.49.

You can also find smartphone apps to calculate points, or use a rough estimate that a point is 40 calories.

The bare minimum points is 26 per day (remember that fruit and salad-type veggies are free).

Here's where it becomes a bit more challenging: you MUST eat 5 servings of fruit and vegetables every day (1/2 cup raw vegetables or 1 cup lettuce-type raw greens).  You MUST eat 2 teaspoons of liquid fat (and deduct 2 points from your daily total) and 2 servings of dairy (about 140 calories of dairy and deduct 4 points from your total).

Sooo...how can blend this with HSGD?  Like this:

Every day, you eat the required foods above plus the HSGD daily calories, count the oil and dairy calories toward the daly total.   You'll know you're getting good nutrition (and PLEASE take a vitamin every day!) while keeping the calories low.  I've been doing this for eight months (using the minimum WW points rather than calories, because I go to WW meetings), I've lost nearly 50 pounds so far, and I'm healthy enough at age 52 to run circles around younger girls.  I even still have boobs (though that's largely because swimming improves the pectoral muscles.)

There's no point losing weight if you're not alive to enjoy the compliments!  I also want to keep all my hair!  (Cuz it's already too thin thanks to @#$%& menopause.)

I'm always looking for big girls age 18+ who are following a strict but healthy diet.  I'm in the US.  I don't kik, but I'm always on facebook and e-mail.

I would love to see HSGD fans try this, because it's so much healthier while still being a genuinely badass diet. 

• myastarr99 likes this

#2 Trix91

Trix91

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1142 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 24 December 2013 - 03:22 PM

I'm lost.... What is HSGD?
CW: 134
GW1: 120
GW2: 115
GW3: 110
UGW: 105

#3 Guest_FearlessKatie_*

Guest_FearlessKatie_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 December 2013 - 03:41 PM

Healthy Skinny Girl Diet.  It's a low/moderate calorie diet with free fruit/veg and varying daily calorie totals.

#4 BabyBunnyHopper

BabyBunnyHopper

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 11:12 AM

Hum been years since I have followed WW I actually did it for many many MANY years as a life. DK they had a HSGD.....Is it online too?

Bunny  :wub: 

#5 LMNJ

LMNJ

Omniscient

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4987 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 13 June 2014 - 04:42 PM

Weight Watchers does not have HSGD. One has nothing to do with the other.   I am just starting up SGD and also realized the correlation between this and WW Simple Start/Simply Filling/CORE technique.  You would just count your healthy oil, dairy and protein servings as the calories that are allocated in the HGD. In this instance, avocados are free while on WW, they yield points. Go figure, right?

Don't get stuck in the paralysis of perfection. 

Seeking the ultimate freedom from binge-eating.

CW = 138 (5/24)  //  138.5 (5/23)  //  140 (5/13)   //   141 (5/12)  //   SW=143 (5/7)    //   UGW = 115

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I am  5'2 1/2"  //  51 years young  //   2nd Degree Black Belt in Tae Kwon Do //  HWE = 191 (1998)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users