No Real Ana v Fake Ana discussions - Page 40 - General Announcements - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

No Real Ana v Fake Ana discussions

• Please log in to reply
785 replies to this topic

#781 tobeatree

tobeatree

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 02 September 2021 - 09:17 PM

Why anyone would even start those threads confuses me.

As part of our continued "No Judging" policy of this site, please do not post any threads related to discussing "Real Ana" v "Fake Ana" discussions (Wannarexic vs anorexic etc).

This also means no "Ana v EDNOS" discussions.

Why?

Because in one way or another it is a judgmental position to take.

As a community, we do not care if you are a "real ana" or a EDNOS, or if you just want to lose weight or if you're really confused and just stopping by. No one particular classification is better than any other classification. Whether you've been officially diagnosed for the last 20 years, or whether you just stumbled on this site, there is no judging one group over another.

What should I do if I see such a thread?

Hit the "report" link inside the thread. And please please please do not jump in and comment on the thread. Simply report it and move on. That way the thread poster does not get attention and we will silently delete the thread.

#782 tobeatree

tobeatree

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 02 September 2021 - 09:17 PM

Why anyone would even start those threads confuses me.

As part of our continued "No Judging" policy of this site, please do not post any threads related to discussing "Real Ana" v "Fake Ana" discussions (Wannarexic vs anorexic etc).

This also means no "Ana v EDNOS" discussions.

Why?

Because in one way or another it is a judgmental position to take.

As a community, we do not care if you are a "real ana" or a EDNOS, or if you just want to lose weight or if you're really confused and just stopping by. No one particular classification is better than any other classification. Whether you've been officially diagnosed for the last 20 years, or whether you just stumbled on this site, there is no judging one group over another.

What should I do if I see such a thread?

Hit the "report" link inside the thread. And please please please do not jump in and comment on the thread. Simply report it and move on. That way the thread poster does not get attention and we will silently delete the thread.

#783 Guest_FableDNK_*

Guest_FableDNK_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 September 2021 - 06:07 PM

Who cares... I don't... If someone's got eating issues, I'll be more than happy to talk with them about it... I would like to be supportive in a healthy way, whichever that way is, depending on the induvidual.

#784 phlonk

phlonk

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 October 2021 - 12:24 PM

hi

#785 KoiSkinni

KoiSkinni

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 December 2021 - 03:00 PM

Thanks you!

#786 ThinPrincess_

ThinPrincess_

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 January 2022 - 09:39 PM

I think eating disorders are different for everyone honestly and some peoples ED are different from others and some don’t meet so called “criteria” all together
  • Bigdaddy’spizza likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users