Belly wrap - Beauty, Health and Wellness - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Belly wrap

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Violet_❤

Violet_❤

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:06 PM

Ok so I wanted to know if anybody has heard of this wrap and tried it and if it actually worked. What you do is mix Vicks with rubbing alcohol and put it on your stomach. Then you wrap your stomach with Saran Wrap and sleep with it. Now I tried it, it burns a little and a messy and stains your clothes, also it's uncomfortable bc I have to sleep on my back or stomach. And in the middle of the night I wake up and it moved, half of my stomach is coming out. Lol. So just wanted to know if it's worth still doing it. Thanks

#2 MrsStyles143xx

MrsStyles143xx

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 May 2013 - 04:42 PM

I've never tried it. Is it supposed to help lose weight? If it is, i'd do it. Anything to help lose a few pounds!

~Eat to live, but don't live to eat.

~The difference between want and need is self-control. Do YOU have self-control?

~Eat less, weigh less.

My weight right now: 134.5

My Goal Weight: 95.0

#3 StarkRavingOphelia

StarkRavingOphelia

Advanced Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2232 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 11 May 2013 - 06:06 PM

It's for water weight and it probably helps with bloating. You can get real ones at sports stores for when you exercise.

Is it worth it?

Write drunk; edit sober.

To a great mind, nothing is too little.

You always feel [pain], but you don't have to fear it.

My Tumblr's on Tumblr.

Spoiler

#4 Violet_❤

Violet_❤

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 11 May 2013 - 09:40 PM

I think it's suppose to shape your body and I guess the Vicks and rubbing alcohol is suppose to make you you sweat off the belly fat? I'm not to sure

#5 thewickedlady

thewickedlady

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:13 AM

"According to the FDA, the resulting weight loss is completely temporary. The fluids and fats will come rushing back as one eats the next meal or drinks the next cups of liquid. FDA straightforwardly explains that even the best body wraps “have no effect on fat deposits and will not dissolve fat, even temporarily. Fat is not broken down by perspiration…”

http://www.bodywrapsathome.net/

Now on the other hand it is a quick fix to lose inches for a few days. So if you're needing to fit into a super sexy outfit for a party this would be a good suggestion. Keep in mind it's just water weight and the results are only temporary.

Here is a good website that has some body wraps you can buy to do at home, they're a little pricey but I go to a spa and it costs less than what it would cost there for far less treatments!

http://www.simplysle...bal-body-wraps/

Hope this helps <3

40409306.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

SW: 170lbs GW1: 160 GW2: 150 GW3: 140 GW4: 130 UGW5: 120

#6 ToxicPerfection

ToxicPerfection

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:53 AM

not permanent weight loss but the day after I exercised with one my stomach looked awesome! then i ate....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users