Best self tanner? - Beauty, Health and Wellness - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Best self tanner?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Crystal_Butterfly

Crystal_Butterfly

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:15 PM

Hi everyone, I hope you are all doing well.

I LOVE to tan, and love being tan. But between school and work, I havnt had time to tan. Plus it's unhealthy.

I just wanted everyone's opinions on their favorite/least favorite self tanners.

I typically use a jergins one but I just wanted to see what everyone else uses.

Thanks. <3
Height- 5'2

HW-149
Cw- 114 lbs
LW-99 lbs
Ugw-98 lbs

#2 Guest_mirror-b.kind_*

Guest_mirror-b.kind_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:31 PM

Anything st Tropez, get on the website and look around, its used widely on like runway models for big fashion shows and clothes brands, its pricey but great :) I leave my dark mousse on for 8-12 hours and then wash it off. Its orange while its developing but washed off its even and brown if you do it right :) its pricey but a bottles got a lot in it and it lasts ages :D btw, the gradual tan from this line, does not work. Xx

#3 edie

edie

Sage

• Supporter
  • 945 posts
  • LocationSouth France

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:36 PM

I dont really use tanners, but some years ago I did use these because I got a box for free and they were really nice and easy to use: http://www.comodynes.net/self-tanning/

signaturey

#4 lilpiggyhadnone

lilpiggyhadnone

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:40 PM

I don't tan because I am super pale and quite frankly it looks stupid on me but I know those that do and apparently Xen-Tan is really good. Youtube beauty guru's praise it too.

#5 Guest_Jayden_*

Guest_Jayden_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:40 AM

For me, the banana boat self-tanners were great. I've tried jergins natural glow and turned out like an orange streakball. During the winter months I usually add a little normal lotion to the self tanner so I don't look odd (fabulous tan during the winter? no), but since it's summer the colors are great.

#6 T the Rex

T the Rex

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:34 AM

I'm quite pale naturally, but I have found the palmers cocoa butter gradual tanner is awesome. Put it on just like moisturiser, and if you do manage to streak it (unlikely) you can just do another layer becuase the colour isn't super dark. Plus you won't turn orange. I swear by it.
Too skinny?
Not a chance!

#7 Dark Pale

Dark Pale

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:26 PM

any tanning mousse is So Easy to apply
~ just a another girl trying to get skinny ~

#8 MandyTD

MandyTD

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:59 PM

This might be a little late haha sorry. But at Sally Hansens (and you can prob get it somewhere else too) it's this Hemp moisturizing lotion that gets you tanner gradually (like jergens EXCEPT no terrible dirt smell!!) it smells wonderful like floral nature. It makes your skin moist and has tiny microscopic flecks of gold that make your skin glow! And for a pretty big bottle it's only like 10 bucks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users