Trying WW? Maybe lmao - WeightWatchers - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Trying WW? Maybe lmao

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_biblical ;_*

Guest_biblical ;_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 February 2017 - 04:12 AM

I got this app called "itrackbites" which is basically the Weight Watchers program without the monthly cost. I mean, it sounds like an interesting concept so I thought I would give it a go since I Suck at Everything™ so I might be updating my progress here or something?? Lmao we'll see.

#2 softpink

softpink

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2673 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 15 February 2017 - 04:52 AM

Good luck friend :) Hope it all goes well for you!

a301948ad2ebb3bd7056443bf2348406.gif

'Life without hope is hopelessly difficult but at the end hope can so easily make fools of us all.'

-Henry Marsh.

25 year old med school graduate (undergrad: diagnostic radiography) 

AN b/p

maybe/maybe not Christian

Height: 5'2" (157cm)

CW: 76lbs (34.6kg) BMI 14.1

SW: 121 lbs (55kg) BMI 22.7

Accountability (ED, studies and life)

Instagram, (send me a DM for the handle!)

Med Tumblr (my journal from medical imaging to medicine)

Recovery/positivity Tumblr (for a bit of a change in tack)

a301948ad2ebb3bd7056443bf2348406.gif

#3 Guest_biblical ;_*

Guest_biblical ;_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 February 2017 - 10:27 PM

Okay so :^) Today was day  #1 and the point system is crazy interesting to me and.. Actually works pretty well tbh as being something I'm comfortable with. I think I'll grow to dig it.

I'm doing the smart points system and have 30 daily points and 28 weekly points which I can use as necessary. I DID count calories today, only to make sure this is something sustainable for me. And, interestingly enough, I (after eating all of my daily points) consumed only around 1,100 calories. This is pretty cool, especially as I am a ~high restricter~ and know that I'll definitely lose, like, a lot on this amount. There's a good margin that I will continue to lose on, so I'll be able to feel safe in knowing that I CAN eat some of the weekly points. I will not be counting calories after today, just trying to focus on the points :^)

Today I ate:
Grapes (0)

Bagel (5)

Cream cheese (4)

Caesar salad (11)

Banana (0)

1/2 peanut putter cup (2)

Rice (6)

Chicken breast (2)

30/30 points

I also earned activity points, which I don't believe I'm able/encouraged to eat back, but for the sake of accountability I now have (+5) activity points.

Weekly points remaining: 28

#4 Topoli

Topoli

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4157 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 March 2017 - 04:55 PM

Okay so :^) Today was day  #1 and the point system is crazy interesting to me and.. Actually works pretty well tbh as being something I'm comfortable with. I think I'll grow to dig it.

I'm doing the smart points system and have 30 daily points and 28 weekly points which I can use as necessary. I DID count calories today, only to make sure this is something sustainable for me. And, interestingly enough, I (after eating all of my daily points) consumed only around 1,100 calories. This is pretty cool, especially as I am a ~high restricter~ and know that I'll definitely lose, like, a lot on this amount. There's a good margin that I will continue to lose on, so I'll be able to feel safe in knowing that I CAN eat some of the weekly points. I will not be counting calories after today, just trying to focus on the points :^)

Today I ate:
Grapes (0)

Bagel (5)

Cream cheese (4)

Caesar salad (11)

Banana (0)

1/2 peanut putter cup (2)

Rice (6)

Chicken breast (2)

30/30 points

I also earned activity points, which I don't believe I'm able/encouraged to eat back, but for the sake of accountability I now have (+5) activity points.

Weekly points remaining: 28

How are you doing, did you keep it up? :)

I actually signed up for WW Feb 7th, so I go to a weekly meeting, and track online. Even though I have My Fitness Pal, I really needed more accountability, which this system seems to be giving me. And so far it's working really well for me.

Since starting Weight Watchers Feb 7th:

Feb 7th:     219.5
March 7th: 208.9

Cumulative WW loss of 10.6 lbs.

You can eat your activity Points, depending on your settings, they kick in after you use up your weekly flex points, or vice versa.

If you live near a Trader Joe's supermarket, this is really helpful:
http://ariellesays.t...r-joes-shopping

• imhappy likes this

Height: 5'3.875" / 1m 62 cm / Goal weight: 130 lbs

"We all know the moral of the fable about the tortoise and the hare – perseverance beats speed." -- David Cottrell (Author)

My rambling accountability thread, sometimes diary-like (some copied from OG monthly thread posts) gripes, rants, etc.- I'm honored to have followers! ;)
https://www.myproana...accountability/ 

Current weight and goals...

Spoiler

Stats, etc:
Spoiler

73318948.png The MFP ticker doesn't work anymore...

Pounds to go to 1st major goal of 200! (Really 199 lbs.)

#5 sadbabyghoul

sadbabyghoul

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Locationhell

Posted 12 May 2017 - 12:40 PM

Here's why to not try weight watchers:

They weigh you every week so if you are losing weight rapidly they will say something about the weight loss. (If you are independent don't worry about it, because weighing is optional. But if you are under 18 they will notify parents or if not going to get weighed will concern loved ones)

They have other programs for free such as lose it! some parts of the program require payment but not all. 

• Butterfly1 likes this

:wub:deadass eating hotsauce rn :wub:

ElementaryEachDrake-max-1mb.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users