why are people getting crap for purging? - Page 2 - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

why are people getting crap for purging?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 AvoirFaim

AvoirFaim

Omniscient

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2882 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 06:53 PM

Same here. I'm not binging and purging. Just purging the foods I'm already restricting..

Same. I purge, but I don't binge and purge very often, so I often don't relate as well to the bulimic topics. I think in a lot of ways bulimics have a harder time than anorexics, though, so I really don't like that sense of superiority you do get from people from time to time.

HW: BMI 22.7
CW: ?
LW:  BMI 13.8
GW: ?

(stats are from the "New BMI" calculator)

#22 Guest_Jemm_*

Guest_Jemm_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 February 2014 - 07:02 PM

I don't think it helps to just send people to the other forums if they want to talk about purging, since that may be something that is part of their anorexia if they're b/p subtype. 

Sometimes if the person has an anorexic mindset, it's hard to relate to the people in the bulimia forum.

I know this because when I used to b/p and restrict, I would've technically fallen under the anorexia b/p subtype because of the nature of my ED, however at the time I felt I related to the bulimia threads more. My experience was the opposite, but it applies to someone who has anorexia b/p type. Just because they purge, doesn't mean they can relate to bulimic topics, just like just because someone restricts while purging it doesn't mean they relate to the anorexia topics.

I hope that made sense? 

• Fearless likes this

#23 Guest_Beautifullybroken03_*

Guest_Beautifullybroken03_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 February 2014 - 08:55 PM

It does not say Ana Non-Purging Subtype. And if it does I guess I didn't read close enough. Shoot me. B)

#24 Ava xo

Ava xo

Advanced Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1427 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 09:00 PM

Lol why should purging posts be in the mia forum?
Sorry but how ignorant are some people?
I'll purge a fucking grape on the wrong day
That had nothing to do with bulimia
I'm just that anal about calories
  • michiko malandro likes this

Be the change you want to see! :D

5'8"

CW:122 GW1:115 GW2:105 UGW:100

#25 Guest_Ambivalent<3Heart_*

Guest_Ambivalent<3Heart_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 February 2014 - 10:31 PM

Even at my lowest weight I purged All part of my anorexia too. Sometimes I can just restrict but end up eating at some point and freaking out. But I never noticed that it was an off topic on here?

#26 Guest_implosion_*

Guest_implosion_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2014 - 02:12 PM

I probably dont have enough time to read all the posts so I havent really noticed animosity, but I do remember several times on the old GPA board feelingnsick and emotionally triggered reading detailed posts about what I binged on...so maybe, and just maybe some have trouble readig about b/p becaus3 of how long its been since their bodies consumed or held that much food...I know for me its hard sometimes and makes me nauseated to read some of those post...its not a diss on purging...lord knows if I have a half cup of rice that wasnt planned...my version of a binge I will purge it...its not the purging itself for me thats upsetting its the 3K to 10000 cals in a sitting that makes my stomach twist and turn...and I dont view less of the person ts just that I makes my stomach hurt and I feels anxiety bubble up within me and start breathing harder (emotional trigger) it also makes me subconsciously restrict more than I want to after reading those posts and I purposely try to keep near 800 cals because I used to be hard core and ill and now have 3 children who need me and a body thats half functional after 2 decades of his...so just pointing out that maybe its triggering some restricting anas not that its looked down on as lesser...maybe im wrong and im the only one who feels that way

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users