TIPS THAT HAVE WORKED FOR ME ON THE 2468 DIET :) - Page 2 - 2468 Diet - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

TIPS THAT HAVE WORKED FOR ME ON THE 2468 DIET :)

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#21 Bruja

Bruja

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1078 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 08 September 2014 - 07:44 PM

I finished my day with 210 kcal ish. I went the gym for 1 hour... I'm excited for tomorrow when I'll be able to eat more and things that I really like.
H: 5''8"
SW: 173lbs (January, 2014)

CW: 140lbs

Goal: 115lbs

#22 Elise87

Elise87

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 03:04 AM

Yeah the 200 days become bearable because you know you get to eat more the next day! I did 200 today as well, 400 tomorrow!

#23 khzara

khzara

Advanced Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1493 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 13 September 2014 - 11:14 AM

im gonna do this! thanks you for the tips! I usually eat all my calories in one meal at like 8pm and I think thats why it doesnt work.
Great tip for spreading out your calories!!
  • Teydosh likes this

tumblr_m7n9eu6Sg11rnvwt1.gif

goal weight: 83

goal bmi: 16.2 

#24 sweet potato

sweet potato

Omniscient

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3595 posts
  • Locationlimbo with all the bastards

Posted 28 September 2014 - 03:34 AM

As long as eat under maintenance you WILL lose weight no matter how many calories you eat a day. I made my own version of the 2468 diet to suit my schedule and ive already lost weight on it in only a week.
I do from Sunday to Saturday 700 600 400 200 400 600 700.
Everyone talks about needing the "higher cal day" to keep the metabolism alive but 800 calories is not going to boost it, its still too low. You'd need to do a proper refeed day if you want those benefits which is a CRAZY amount of calories which im sure noone here would purposefully do. The reason this diet works is its a VLCD (very low cal doet) AND psychologically its easier to stick to because there are what we'd consider higher cal days quite often to keep us sane and prevent binges :)

Hey! I was wondering what you count as a proper refeeding day? Because about once every 2 weeks I intentionally eat 1200 and is that too low? Or would rating more make me gain? I take a lax before bed so there's no food weight in the morning and I usually maintain the day after
i dunno why i'm back here

#25 Jasminerachelle

Jasminerachelle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 04:53 PM

Does the 2468 diet HAVE to be in that order? So far I've finished one cycle and have lost 3 lbs in those 4 days however, today (which supposedly is my 200 cal day) I've eaten around 500 calories instead. I'm scared I've ruined the diet and will gain weight as repercussion :< Can the days be swtiched up?

You have to make sure you at least have the 800 to 200 drop!

#26 Elise87

Elise87

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 03:10 AM

Hey! I was wondering what you count as a proper refeeding day? Because about once every 2 weeks I intentionally eat 1200 and is that too low? Or would rating more make me gain? I take a lax before bed so there's no food weight in the morning and I usually maintain the day after

I'm no expert on refeeds and I've never actually done one before (too scared I'll gain) but according to Lyle McDonald (I highly recommend his ebooks) how much you should eat and the duration of the refeed depends on your level of lean body mass and how much you exercise. And its not about number of calories (although I would think that 1200 wouldnt be enough), its about macronutrient ratio. You have to eat mainly starchy carbs during the refeed (not too much junk which has sugar), lean proteins and only a very little amount of fat (under 50g). The low fat is the key during the refeed!! If you eat more fat than this combined with the increased carbs this will make you gain fat.

I worked out what I needed to eat a while back if I were to do a refeed (based on my lean body mass at the time) and I remember it ending up being around 2000 cals or so which really freaked me out. If you google "Lyle McDonald a guide to flexible dieting PDF" you should be able to find that ebook in PDF form for free. It explains how to work out what a refeed would be for you :)

#27 sweet potato

sweet potato

Omniscient

• Members
  • 3595 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 09:53 AM

I'm no expert on refeeds and I've never actually done one before (too scared I'll gain) but according to Lyle McDonald (I highly recommend his ebooks) how much you should eat and the duration of the refeed depends on your level of lean body mass and how much you exercise. And its not about number of calories (although I would think that 1200 wouldnt be enough), its about macronutrient ratio. You have to eat mainly starchy carbs during the refeed (not too much junk which has sugar), lean proteins and only a very little amount of fat (under 50g). The low fat is the key during the refeed!! If you eat more fat than this combined with the increased carbs this will make you gain fat.

I worked out what I needed to eat a while back if I were to do a refeed (based on my lean body mass at the time) and I remember it ending up being around 2000 cals or so which really freaked me out. If you google "Lyle McDonald a guide to flexible dieting PDF" you should be able to find that ebook in PDF form for free. It explains how to work out what a refeed would be for you :)

Thank you! I'm on keto right now (I love it!) but maybe I'll look at that next time I want to do something like that. I like experimenting with my body 

• Elise87 likes this

#28 Elise87

Elise87

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 05:12 PM

Thank you! I'm on keto right now (I love it!) but maybe I'll look at that next time I want to do something like that. I like experimenting with my body

Have you lost much weight so far doing keto? I think I do keto naturally when I restrict (I limit my carbs and eat mostly protein) and I feel dieting this way makes me lose more fat than just restricting/not worrying about macros, have you found that?

#29 ances

ances

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 29 September 2014 - 05:46 PM

ALSO> im having a really hard time with my 200 calorie day. What foods are really low in calories that would FILL ME UP! thanks for help!! :)

I had an 180 day last week. Ate half a can of tuna in water with broccoli, green beans and some lemon juice for lunch. All of those are super filling. I only had some broth for dinner and didn't feel hungry at all that day.

Height: 5'7"

Highest Weight: 135

Lowest Weight: 110

Current Weight: 115

117 116 115 114 113 112 110 109 108 107 106 105 104 103 102 101 100

Add me on MFP @ ancesdream

51984010.png

Step on snow and leave no footprints.

#30 sweet potato

sweet potato

Omniscient

• Members
  • 3595 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 12:50 AM

Have you lost much weight so far doing keto? I think I do keto naturally when I restrict (I limit my carbs and eat mostly protein) and I feel dieting this way makes me lose more fat than just restricting/not worrying about macros, have you found that?

I find I can restrict much easier, I've been in for about 10 days now and at first I had to have like 800 to sate my cravings but the past few days have been 350 and 550 easily.
But i need to have a lot of fat to stay in keto, personally, so I spend my calories on egg yolks and peanut butter/salmon (I'm almost entirely pescetarian, I was for years, then I was vegetarian, then vegan and I jumped into keto last Sunday and it's a double system shock)

#31 sweet potato

sweet potato

Omniscient

• Members
  • 3595 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 12:52 AM

And I've lost more weight in a week than I ever have (on record, I might have when I first got my ED)!!
About 4lbs n.n I lose so slowly so..yeah!

#32 Junkprince

Junkprince

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 05:14 PM

hi I'm new here sorry if I mess up replying and stuff
Anyway I'm doing the 2468 diet and I'm on day 3 and have ALREADY seen results !
I'm also drinking SkinnyCoffeeClub coffee and doing 30 mins regular LIT or HIIT exercise per day...
So long as you eat each day and eat nutriously within your limit I totally rate this diet !! Don't starve yourself !! It's not good & its unsustainable... But I hope I have inspired some of you ( please be responsible )

#33 TMLNV

TMLNV

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 September 2016 - 06:09 PM

I found that Miss soup is great it's very low cal and can buy the mix at sobeys 35 cal. Bananas I like to have half breakfast half at lunch total 105cal I also make a veg stir fry with 1/4 cup bell pepper orange, 0.5 cop bok choy, 1tbdp soy sauce, 5g sriracha,0.5 cup zucchini, 0.5 cup white onion, 2 red chili's =107 cal

#34 WeightsLoss

WeightsLoss

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 11:51 AM

Thank you!! I've needed good tips and these helped!

~V

SW: fat

GW: 200

GW: 190

GW: 180

UGW: 170

#35 toxiccalories

toxiccalories

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 31 October 2016 - 02:27 PM

sounds great I'll try it tomorrow

70kg

68kg

66kg

64kg

62kg

60kg

58kg

56kg

54kg

52kg

50kg

#36 beautifulphilosophy

beautifulphilosophy

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 November 2016 - 11:59 PM

Thanks for this, I'm starting mine tomorrow. I'm hoping to be able to lose 40 pounds a month. I know it sounds crazy, but I'm tall and 275 pounds, meaning I have a higher BMR. I'm also gonna do a lot of cardio and drink a lot of coffee. 

#37 PastelJupiter

PastelJupiter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 08:08 AM

I'll definitely use some of these tips when I start mine :)  

HW: 262.8

CW: 262.8

LW: 199lbs

UGW: 100

6981f1349d3462a2b1fcd286444ae3f9-d5wcqhj

Goals N' Whatnot

Spoiler

#38 Kare bear

Kare bear

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 994 posts

Posted 13 November 2016 - 07:56 AM

For your 200 cal day drink lots of tea, coffee and water. Also broth is good. And super low cal. Don't eat until the afternoon. In general wafer thin ham, light spreadable cheese and those sand which thins that are 100 Cals are great. Also snack o jacks and popcorn. And 40 cal per portion hot choc before bed helps with hunger pains so u can sleep :) and vitamins and a sports drink with electrolytes every week will help too. Try scrambled egg whites on crumpets. Less than 200 cal and particularly filling

#39 PorcelainPoppy

PorcelainPoppy

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 5916 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 November 2016 - 02:27 AM

This post is great! Thanks :) I'm going to try this soon

❀ atypical anorexia ❀

Fuck it I'm relapsing

original.gif

#40 Guest_KristyNTea_*

Guest_KristyNTea_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 November 2016 - 03:07 AM

This is such an awesome thread. i might try the 2468 again with the tips you guys are sharing! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users