Starting up with ana - Page 2 - Member Diets - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Starting up with ana

ana motivation

• Please log in to reply
263 replies to this topic

#21 Yuno

Yuno

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  • LocationCosmos

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:09 PM

I'm not in my starting steps, but this looks helpful! I adopted the wrist band trick :)

• JRWperjjBc likes this

Stay strong!

#22 Thefatgirl_

Thefatgirl_

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:40 PM

Perfect, this motivated me so much! πŸ’œπŸ’•
  • thoughtful.blossom likes this

#23 baleine

baleine

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 938 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:31 PM

Wait, are you directing this at me? Cause in that case I sure hope you can justify the above? Did you even read my post before you jumped on your high horse?

At the end of the day you need to accept the forum as it is. And if you don't like it then maybe it's not somewhere you can 'be yourself'.

I wasn't directing this at anyone in general and yes I read your post, also my horse was like 15hh so not even tall in horsey standards. I know what the saying means tho and you can just stop, I can speak my mind just as much as this person can give out tips. I'm allowed to say I disagree with something if I do.

Giving out tips to help people to start down this road is one of things i happen to disagree with, like  i get disordered people giving each other tips (not that i really agree with that either) but what I don't get is why you'd want to help someone start this because its never going to make you happy and maybe its because i'm not the type to drag others down with me idk.

I've said what I've needed to and I feel like I'm just banging my head against a brick wall so i'm just gonna leave it here but if you want any further clarification or you or anyone wants to explain why helping people start out this is a good idea pm me :)

Also I can be myself wherever the hell I want to be myself including here and I do accept the forum as it is there are just certain parts of it and certain threads i disagree with this one included.

• cinnstick, iamtheoldman, gelato and 6 others like this

Leave me alone. I was alone anyway.

I have no one, everything is meaningless.

Take away the sugar-coated comfort,
tonight I'll be crooked.

#24 Alle

Alle

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • Locationcircling the hell mouth

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:36 PM

Don't you think, though, that with all the Ana/Mia info online today that giving someone diet or fasting tips in here is really going to give them an ED?

I don't think it's that easy. It takes a lot more than that.
  • skelethin, problemchild, suckedbackin and 5 others like this

​                                                                                         

​                                                                                       CW: TOO FUCKING MUCH!

GW:    140 lbs

UGW: 130 lb

tumblr_n9k3a6VxdK1szeu5yo2_r1_500.gif

#25 mystical

mystical

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:28 PM

thank you so much

#26 ana5824

ana5824

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:13 AM

It's not good, but what can we do if its true :)

That's what I sooo USED to do :)

#27 Guest_diljabjort_*

Guest_diljabjort_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:49 AM

Amazing, thank you so much.

#28 DefiantBones

DefiantBones

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:18 PM

Thank you this will help me so much

t_821c273e1ca2466d8fa76aa5562ff3e0.jpg

#29 sempiternal

sempiternal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Locationcanada

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:57 AM

That was the best thing I've ever read. Amazing tips!

stats:  height- 5'3 age-20 HW-149 LW-100 CW-115  UGW-100 

β€œEating was hard. Breathing was hard. Living was hardest.”-wintergirls

#30 wanabe2013

wanabe2013

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:49 PM

Jst wat i needed. Thank u :=)

#31 the_fat_chick

the_fat_chick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:56 AM

omg thank u so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

#32 iamtheoldman

iamtheoldman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:35 PM

This thread actually annoys the shit out of me ngl

just ughh no

I am with you...

• baleine, gelato, NothingIWantMore and 2 others like this

#33 bunny_jenny

bunny_jenny

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:46 AM

I really like this, its helping me with my binging right now. Thanks for posting!

No offence, but for the people who don't want to really end up sick should not follow all the tips, but just the ones they need to curb their hunger or desire to binge. 

Goal height and weight: 160cm 40kg

Why? So I can cosplay, and most importantly, so that they have no reason talk shit behind my back.

#34 Guest_Lollipoplove_*

Guest_Lollipoplove_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:06 AM

i think this really wouldnt help some one get an ed but i think it would help someone get started with one of the other diets. i mean to get an eating disorder you need the mind frame of im fat and no matter what i do ill always be fat so i need to lose weight even though im skinny as hell. i think if you dont like whats on the site you should leave and if you dont like the advice but wanna stay on the site ignore the advice

#35 acsgirl22

acsgirl22

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Locationusa

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:12 AM

Oh my God I LOVE you.

Seriously, spinning around in circles is freaking GENIUS. 

I have children under the age of 4, and it is winter, so it is extremely difficult to get out of the house right now to subside any....... "thoughts" 

Lmao but the spinning and counting to 100 and SPRAY THE FOOD WITH CLOROX ALL-PURPOSE CLEANER HAHA, ouu and especially cleaning.. Cleaning works wonders. You just saved my mild "thoughts" that occur every so often. Seriously reading this just puts a big "F U" right in food's face and I lervvvv it. So reassuring. Meow.

#36 Guest_lumilumi_*

Guest_lumilumi_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:24 AM

It is AWESOME! It is totally what I have been looking for for ages! Now I am going to begin! Thank you so much for these tips and advices, really helpful they are! :)

#37 Size Zero

Size Zero

Warrior

• Supporter
  • 200 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:27 AM

@baleine while I understand your point, and do actually agree with you, this site is pro- anorexic, so I'm not sure what you were expecting?

a place where I could come to find others who are going through the same issues and get some support not a place where people are actively going HEY OMG EATING DISORDERS ARE TOTALLY THE RIGHT SOLUTION TO ALL YOUR PROBLEMS because they're not

idk i don't identify as pro ana but these websites are one of the few places where I can be myself with like minded people i just don't agree with actively encouraging someone to develop  a mental illness.

If you have it and you want help/support/tips/distractions then fine, cool but to sit there and tell someone what to do to develop an deadly illness it just honestly it baffles me.

I really don't get how you could sleep at night but thats just me.

I think it's mutual hard for someone who battles with ED as anorexia to understand those battling with ED as overeating and an actual unhealthy high BMI as it is for some one not suffering from anorexia to understand that people with ana don't see how thin they really are.

Some of us have gotten rid of two digit numbers of pounds and for me personal, thinking "the Ana-way" was the way that actually worked.
I've tried several diets, soups and shakes and never really gotten anywhere. I've been stuck in my actually (not just a mental picture) fat body until I first found a pro Ana site.

For me loosing weight the "pro Ana style" is not the same thing as being anorectic or trying to become it either.

But many of the tips that @Alone posted here has helped me loose 44lbs.
Following some of these tips has actually given me a more normal attitude towards food. Which for someone with anorexia might sound weird, but for an over eater.....

I love this forum especially for the diversity of people here.

All of us, struggling with some kind of ED

• QuietDusk, KuKu-the-Krazy-Kat87 and MiniMissJ like this

Once I lost a lot of weight and looked great πŸ’–
Then I fucked it all up by eating πŸ”«βš‘οΈ
Now I need to stop eating again πŸ’Š

Was... 108

CW 128,3

UGW 108

https://fiftyshadesofana.blogspot.com/

#38 Lovekcr8/22/12

Lovekcr8/22/12

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:06 AM

Love this. And as far as the comments about teaching people how to have a disorder, it is not something u can teach someone. As I c it this is just a way of saying, if ur gonna do it do it effectively. No one can will themselves into a disorder. If I have an Ed then I agree w above tips. If I don't have an Ed and just wanna loose weight or what ever, then I will read it n probly say woah,that's extream but maybe I can reduce my calories, or something. I could tell someone how to shoot heroin but if they are not addicts they won't shoot heroin every day till they ruin their lives n die. Same thing. U can tell people how to destroy n create but unless it's in their "DNA" so to speak, they will never do either or. That's y pro Ana sites can allow people to post anything. I get discouraged when I hear some one say we're teaching eating disorders. Disorders of any kind can not b taught. It is a persons brain chemical development n make that has the disorder or not. My husband would read this n say "wow that's crazy" I read these tips n say "exactly!" It's not something that u can read out if a book. Ana is not inside everyone she is for those who already have her.
I look in the mirror n Ana distorts my brain. Reading a post would not have that effect. Just like anti Ana post n stuff have no effect on me because I have Ana. I see her in a way as being gay or straight. U can't choose to b gay. I can't chose to have Ana. I could chose to b in recovery but she will always be there just not active. Just sayin I believe that there is no harm in posting things like this because u can not teach disorders. (Sorry I rambled n it's so long I'm just passionate about the subject lol)
  • AdilynEvermae and NothingIWantMore like this

#39 lillyan

lillyan

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:40 AM

Our site encompasses a wide range of members who may or may not be "pro-ana". The site is a welcome support community for those who are pro-ana, for those who are in or trying to recover, or for those who are looking for general weight loss. Please be sensitive to this fact and appreciate that we have members here all with different goals.

I understand what you guys are talking about but you have to remember that this is a community for ALL. These tips could be helpful for a variety of people.

#40 THEMrsHansmann

THEMrsHansmann

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • LocationUtah, United States

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:16 PM

I am so thankful for this list! 

As for the hateful comments: love and tolerate people!

Of course, I can agree with being able to state an opinion and disagreeing with the title of the thread, kudos to Baleine for being able to just say, Hey, if you want to talk about our opinions - pm me!

However, I love this topic. For me personally, while I am not diagnosed with any disorders, I believe this is my lifestyle and I choose to live this way. I have lived this way most of my life and I had a point where I got married and I gained too much. I finally realized I needed to get my control back and this site, this community, is a perfect place to find help to gain that control. This list helps me in learning how to curb because I couldn't recognize before what I was, or what I was doing to destroy my image (my ana as I call it), and now it's so out of control when I try to curb I just end up eating a ton of food - like brownie sundae's and pie! Being skinny does make me happy! And so does this list!

• baleine likes this

SW: 140

CW: 124 (Sept 13th)

GW1: 130lbs 

GW2: 125lbs

GW3: 120lbs

GW4:115

GW5: 110

UGW: 100lbs

I will reach my UGW in 133 days...updated 9/13/13

Patience is a Virtue...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ana, motivation

Recent blog entries on this topic

Photo

By SkinnyLittleLiarx in Intake of SkinnyLittleliarx, on 04 February 2018 - 02:48 PM

Source: Starting up with ana

Read Full Entry →

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users