cellulite shock - Beauty, Health and Wellness - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

cellulite shock

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Lulupon

Lulupon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • LocationJP

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:12 PM

I have been eating disordered for about 10 years, going up and down with my weight, always hated my stomach but never hated my legs that much. A little short, a little fat, but nothing that couldnt be fixed with a puffy short skirt and some killer heels, even at my heighest weight.

Until today.

Was bending down to check if my broken exercise bike (which has totally screwed up my left knee, damn thing) could be fixed, and my husband says

"ooooh whats all that lumpiness on the backs of your legs?"

"mm? I dont know, take a photo!"

The backs of my legs are literally covered in cellulite, and I never knew!!! All those years wobbling around in skirts and heels, jiggling from behind, and I didnt have a clue.

I feel so ashamed and sad. I was happy today because Id lost more weight, but now this has ruined my mood for the day.

He said it was the first time to see it, so maybe it wasnt there at my lowest weight so the only thing I can do is lose more weight and itll disappear?

Or am I still going to be lumpy and jiggly when I have a bmi of 17?

Perhaps I should start buying leggings to hide my shame.

Im going to up my water intake drastically, and do some yoga if that might help.

If anyone has any ideas, please please do let me know. 

絶対って言われても、なかなか上手くいかんなぁ。

~First to lose 10kg competition~Ultimate Goal: 38kg

#2 Lissa <3

Lissa <3

Lissa <3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:54 PM

Water, green tea, and working out :/ 

Cellulite is really hard to get rid of, but basically you want to eat healthy food and try to work it off. 

Just call me beautiful <3 

...and eventually, I'll believe you

borderline

KiK: shootingstars2639                                                                                      obsessive compulsive

myfitnesspal: greentea2639                                                                                        major depressive                                                               

Facebook  

#3 Dark Pale

Dark Pale

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 29 May 2013 - 07:51 PM

Cellulite isnt something you can really totally get rid of...its more about doing things to lessen the appearance of it...unfortunately.
But there are planty of treatments out there to try reduce the apperance of it so if you good a few things you'll find something to suit you

~ just a another girl trying to get skinny ~

#4 Jaane

Jaane

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts
  • LocationHell.

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:33 PM

Cellulite is a b*tch. It really sucks :(

• edie likes this

“There is no magic cure, no making it all go away forever. There are only small steps upward; an easier day, an unexpected laugh, a mirror that doesn't matter anymore.”

- Laurie Halse Anderson. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users