Anyone tried raspberry ketone? - Vitamins, Supplements and Nutrition - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Anyone tried raspberry ketone?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 NotMyReflection

NotMyReflection

Advanced Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1827 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 01:09 AM

Just realized someone already made one of these.  How about any diet pills you have tried? I have tried alli, hydroxycut, hoodia, and a few others. What works for you?

#2 AdilynEvermae

AdilynEvermae

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:44 PM

I haven't tried them but I'm skeptical, although I have a hard time believing a lot of stuff that is hyped by Dr. Oz, seems like it's something new and groundbreaking every week that nobody remembers a year later.   After reading a lot of literature about it (I'm in gradschool in a science with a Chemistry/Biochemistry background) and I really don't think that there is much to them. The main study used rats (surprisingly a good model for the most part) and found only minimal weightloss for a short time when the rats were eating approximately 2% of their diet in raspberry ketones, this would be 200 about 10 calories full of raspberry ketones (since they're reported at 0 cals, I'm guessing its going to be a bottle or two a day to get these results). 

On the other hand I was wondering how the other pills you mentioned worked for you? Those I really haven't looked into, but I am curious.

HW: ~200lbs (Feb 2004)

LW: 142.0 lbs (Jan 2014)

CW:  147.6 lbs :wacko:

SW: 192 (April 2013)

GW1: 185 (May 2013) [Restriction]

GW2: 180 (June 3 2013) [SGD]

GW3: 170 (June 16 2013) [SGD]

GW4: 160 (August 2 2013) [Restriction]

GW5: 150 (September 28,2013 [Restriction]

GW6: 140 (August 1)

GW7: 130 (November 1)

UGW: 120 (by 1/1/2015)

#3 NotMyReflection

NotMyReflection

Advanced Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1827 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:56 PM

I haven't tried them but I'm skeptical, although I have a hard time believing a lot of stuff that is hyped by Dr. Oz, seems like it's something new and groundbreaking every week that nobody remembers a year later.   After reading a lot of literature about it (I'm in gradschool in a science with a Chemistry/Biochemistry background) and I really don't think that there is much to them. The main study used rats (surprisingly a good model for the most part) and found only minimal weightloss for a short time when the rats were eating approximately 2% of their diet in raspberry ketones, this would be 200 about 10 calories full of raspberry ketones (since they're reported at 0 cals, I'm guessing its going to be a bottle or two a day to get these results). 

On the other hand I was wondering how the other pills you mentioned worked for you? Those I really haven't looked into, but I am curious.

I am skeptical too, but I know ketosis helps you lose weight so I was hoping the raspberry ketones would produce the same effect. I might try them might not. And alli helped me lose weight but It was basically water weight and it can give severe diarrhea. Hydroxycut made me feel full faster and I noticed a bit more energy. Speeds up weight loss in my opinion but it only helps, its not a magic pill. My favorite was hoodia because it was natural, sweet, made me feel full, and for long periods of time, And it did help me lose weight and somehow it seemed to help my stress levels.

#4 paletwig

paletwig

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:49 PM

I take them and they seem to work well at burning fat! Good luck if you decide to try. <33

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users