Dreaming About Food? - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Dreaming About Food?

dreams food ana anorexic anorexia

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 AnaWinterr

AnaWinterr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 07:26 AM

Okay guys no seriously does this happen to any one else?

I have dreams pretty often about food. And when I say they're about food, I mean literally the entire dream revolves around food like one time I was in the ocean right? And I was jumping from one giant saltine to the next,and it was crazy 'cause at the time, I was literally drowning my insides with water and living off of saltines like what.

And then I had this dream that I was being attacked by giant macaroni noodles and they were spitting cheese on me and I was getting fatter and fatter. It sounds kinda funny when I type it out, and feel free to laugh but I just want to know if this happens to any one else thanks. 

• Thin0is0a0skill likes this

The way she shows me I'm hers and she is mine

Open hand or closed fist would be fine
Blood is rare and sweet as cherry wine.

Her fight and fury is fiery
Oh but she loves
Like sleep to the freezing
Sweet and right and merciful
I'm all but washed
In the tide of her breathing.

-Hozier (Cherry Wine) 

#2 anapixie86

anapixie86

Omniscient

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3234 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 March 2014 - 07:32 AM

I used to have dreams where I would just binge and binge and wake up freaking out until I realized that it was just a dream. I have heard it said that dreams are the result of the subconscious working out problems that the conscious brain cannot. I believe that by denying your body food you become obsessed with food on a conscious and sub conscious level.

• Thin0is0a0skill, bijoux331, chasingdreams88 and 4 others like this
Ht 5"4
Cw: 95.2 lbs
Gw 1: 95lbs
Gw 2: 90lbs
Gw 3: 84lbs
Ugw: 78 lbs?

body by ana

"Divide me down to the smallest I can be; put your venom in me" -fall out boy

#3 thinagain94

thinagain94

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • Locationgeorgia

Posted 14 March 2014 - 07:41 AM

I dreamed about mini wheat cereal the other night, it was weird
  • skinnyon likes this

#4 justme*

justme*

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 07:54 AM

I once had a dream about oatmeal cream cookies...I ate soooooo many. woke up freaking out and was about to exercise but then I was like no! It was just a dream!!

#5 massieblock

massieblock

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1798 posts
  • LocationWestchester County, NY

Posted 14 March 2014 - 08:02 AM

I used to have dreams where I would just binge and binge and wake up freaking out until I realized that it was just a dream. I have heard it said that dreams are the result of the subconscious working out problems that the conscious brain cannot. I believe that by denying your body food you become obsessed with food on a conscious and sub conscious level.

sam here.....I wake up in full blown panic attacks that last for hours afterwards......

#6 Guest_Quiet Mandalorian_*

Guest_Quiet Mandalorian_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 March 2014 - 08:02 AM

A couple times after beginning a water fast I dreamt I ate.  One dream took place in my old house, and I was eating 2 slices of Pizza Hut extra cheese pan pizza.  I woke up thinking oh no I messed up.  Back in '98 I had mono and ate next to nothing.  I had a food dream that my bed sheets had giant cookies built into them, and I was eating them.  When I had wisdom teeth out and wasn't eating solid food for a day or so I dreamt I was eating chicken nuggets at school (I was done with school for a while at the time) and woke up chewing on the gauze.  It seems restriction brings on food dreams.  

#7 massieblock

massieblock

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1798 posts
  • LocationWestchester County, NY

Posted 14 March 2014 - 08:03 AM

I once had a dream about oatmeal cream cookies...I ate soooooo many. woke up freaking out and was about to exercise but then I was like no! It was just a dream!!

I dream about cookies and baked goods all the time......those are usually just dreams but I do have straight up nightmares about food.....

• Thin0is0a0skill likes this

#8 anapixie86

anapixie86

Omniscient

• Members
  • 3234 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 March 2014 - 08:04 AM

sam here.....I wake up in full blown panic attacks that last for hours afterwards......

I know just what you mean!! I am just glad that those dreams are rare!

Ht 5"4
Cw: 95.2 lbs
Gw 1: 95lbs
Gw 2: 90lbs
Gw 3: 84lbs
Ugw: 78 lbs?

body by ana

"Divide me down to the smallest I can be; put your venom in me" -fall out boy

#9 Sisi87

Sisi87

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam

Posted 14 March 2014 - 09:55 AM

One time I was fasting and after a week I had a dream that I ate a whole grilled chicken...I woke up,totally in shock, like fuck I messed up my diet hahaha...then I realized it was just a dream...

#10 A Sky

A Sky

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 2722 posts
  • LocationFree Falling

Posted 14 March 2014 - 10:29 AM

I had a dream last night about food. I had a dream that I was cooking food for my family but I was going to eat it too. It was like a out of body experience. I was looking down on me cooking and trying to get myself to stop so i wont mess up all the hard work I did and not eat.

Too Many Attractive People, Not Enough Interesting one... Don't Be Eye Candy, Be Soul Food

I'm just a soul whose intentions are good
Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood

Jcollier.jpg

Accountability: Living with ED

https://www.myproana...tability-log/"]

#11 bloody wanker

bloody wanker

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 11:38 AM

Actually just had a dream last night that i ate an entire jar of peanut butter and those little imdividual peanutbutter cup things (not reese ups). I woke up freaking out and it took me a moment to even realize that it was just a dream.

I used i have dreams ever night when i was restricting below 200 everyday with over exercising and no binging. It was awful.

#12 Nischa

Nischa

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts
  • LocationAntwerp, Belgium

Posted 14 March 2014 - 11:47 AM

I actually had a dream a couple of days ago where I was eating this salad with salmon. I even felt guilty inside the dream!

HW: 64kg

CW: 55,5kg

GW1: 55kg

GW2: 50kg

UGW: 45kg

suigintounotbroken_zps5eb173c9.jpg

#13 LadyPhantomhive

LadyPhantomhive

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 14 March 2014 - 11:51 AM

I dream about food EVERY SINGLE NIGHT. Tonights dream was about chicken wings and ice cream. Nice.
  • pacingqueen likes this

#14 bfaith_sparky1218

bfaith_sparky1218

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 11:57 AM

I've had a couple of dreams about ana in general...Mostly because It's not exactly a addiction, I just choose this..lol I probably don' make any sense...But I'd dream that I NEEDED to be anorexic..it was odd...

I've also dreamt a lot about zombie attacking me lately :o I think that's because I consider this situation to be eating me alive...and I have an avid fear of zombies...Jus sayin o-o

tumblr_mjvkhulqfC1s4szmmo1_500.gif

Height: 5'7-5'8
HW:175lbs
CW:152lbs
GW:130
UWG:120

Life sucks.

#15 too_fat_for_God

too_fat_for_God

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 12:03 PM

I just had a dream I was eating a slice of extra cheese pizza and the guy making it asked me how it was and I felt so guilty I didn't answer him. :( I'm glad it was just a dream. whew. Last night though I did have a dream a really thin girl with long brown hair was screaming at me like a ghost. now THAT scared me. I don't know what it means.

#16 SkinnyxoCow

SkinnyxoCow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 12:11 PM

I have dreams where I binge eat quite often. They're more like nightmares because i get so mad at myself for losing control. I get them like once a week

#17 bananapancakes

bananapancakes

Advanced Sage

• Members
  • 2197 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 12:22 PM

I had a nightmare where I ate days old mac-and-cheese...I hate mac-and-cheese and the thought of eating it o(╥_╥)o

Bananapancakes tumblr_inline_mleub8MYWX1qz4rgp.gif

Since April 2, 2013 tumblr_inline_mleubmyK7l1qz4rgp.gif

I don't eat anything that casts a shadow tumblr_inline_mleub8MYWX1qz4rgp.gif

haikei148.gifhaikei148.gifhaikei148.gif

5'5 age 15

Diagnoses: anorexic,depression, OCD and I self-harm

Recovering

Tumblr: http://star-fae.tumblr.com

#18 mustXhaveXcontrol

mustXhaveXcontrol

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 14 March 2014 - 02:30 PM

All the time, although none where food is the sole focus, but rather ones where amazingly delicious-looking food just happens to pop up for a really long time.

I had a dream last night where I was fighting off this creature that was attacking me, then afterward an aunt (that I don't have) served a huge dish of lasagna to celebrate my victory. I just remember focusing on the lasagna for sooo long, watching her cut it up and all the pasta sauce oozing out and cheese dripping everywhere.

Stuff like that pops up every night. It's annoying.

USLQb1L.png

#19 IWantToBeSkinnyMini

IWantToBeSkinnyMini

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 05:23 PM

A few days ago, when I was fasting I kept on dreaming about eating and then getting mad at myself for breaking my fast even though when I woke up I knew I didn't eat anything. 

I'll stop when I like myself. 

#20 sunshine_ahs

sunshine_ahs

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 05:29 PM

I have dreams where I binge on certain foods (it's always either nuts, fruits, or something with cinnamon) and then I'll wake up feeling full. It freaks me out for a short time because I fear that I actually did binge and then when I realize it was just a dream, it feels nice because I'm full without actually having eaten food.
❤️❤️ACCOUNTABILITY THREAD: https://www.myproana...bmi/?p=65760815 ❤️❤️

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dreams, food, ana, anorexic, anorexia

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users