Dreaming About Food? - Page 2 - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Dreaming About Food?

dreams food ana anorexic anorexia

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 kay.lenae

kay.lenae

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 18 July 2015 - 09:29 AM

I dream about fried rice a lot. my dream last night was just sitting down to this enormous bowl of fried rice and eating it all
  • Moon Gum likes this

Height: 5'6
HW: 160 lbs 
LW: 124.5 bs

tumblr_mf96bcDB1a1s051uko1_500.jpg

it never tastes as good as the first bite

#22 happi/:

happi/:

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 10:15 AM

I wake up screaming because I get dreams that someone is trying to force feed me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#23 SwagFartDinosuar

SwagFartDinosuar

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 10:29 AM

When I've been restricting a lot, I have dreams where I pig out on tons of junk food. Pork rinds, cake, pie, icecream, chips, everything. And I can't stop eating. Then I wake up and have to reassure myself it was only a dream and that I didn't actually consume all that stuff.

#24 Guest_Sylvester_*

Guest_Sylvester_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2015 - 11:31 AM

Omg I had this dream that I was trapped inside a huge chocolate cake and I had to eat my way out. Was disgusting and scary and I don't even like cakes.

#25 ohskinnyhate

ohskinnyhate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 11:40 AM

I had a dream last night that I ate the meal I skipped to 'make up for it' , and when I spat in the sink from brushing my teeth this morning I spat what looked like part of the food. and I had a freak out but worked out it was impossible and must have just been blood. which is maybe not any better from a health point of view , but better from an ED PoV :P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#26 winterxgirl

winterxgirl

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1092 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 11:48 AM

YES LMAO I always dream about food mostly pastries and pasta

#27 Jade Stone12

Jade Stone12

AdarksideJedi

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12132 posts
  • LocationHogwarts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 11:52 AM

I had a dream a couple of weeks ago, that I open the fridge, and it was filled with lots of food, and I just ate and ate it, and it kept refilling itself, I never stopped until I woke up, and did not even taste anything I was eating, it was strange because it was like eating air, the other dream I had just a couple of days ago, was at a restaurant (in my dream) and I was staring at my brother's beer bottle, that was made out of those soft prezels with cheese, instead of glass, my brother was drinking the  beer like it was in there, and I wanted to eat the prezels when he was finished, lol I woke up before got to that. It was very strange.

:ph34r:

Lowest Weight so far:104

Weight Before Period: 120 (Not my best weigh in but for now it will have to do,  and with my period starting any day now, I am just going to try to restrict till it startst)  :(

Food:Winner
Me:Loser

GW:100 (Or be able to fit in size 0 jeans, like before)
UGW:95 pounds or lower but not any lower then 90

Out of sight out of mind! ( My thoughts on hiding food)

Chocolate a moment on the lips, but a life time on the hips! Pasty Stone

#28 petitedancer

petitedancer

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1037 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 06:23 PM

I had a dream where I was with my parents and best friend and they ordered me a chicken sandwich and I threw out the chicken and sat there googling the amount of calories in the sandwich

#29 Guest_comfortorium_*

Guest_comfortorium_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2015 - 06:49 PM

I used to have nightmares about food all the time. Now, if I dream about food at all, I must not be remembering it. It think it's because I'm not so scared of binging anymore and am accustomed to restricting.

#30 unto-dust

unto-dust

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 07:33 PM

I constantly dream about Krispy Kreme doughnuts and it's becoming a problem. Like, ever since I tried one, it's all I can think about sometimes. It makes me cry in the morning.

“Be clearly aware of the stars and infinity on high. Then life seems almost enchanted after all.” ― Vincent van Gogh 
Anyone can see why I wanted your kiss.

#31 Thin0is0a0skill

Thin0is0a0skill

Advanced Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1347 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 18 July 2015 - 07:47 PM

This happens all the time when I restrict, literally all the time

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Starting weight: 174

Current weight: 168

goal weight 1: 155

goal weight 2: 145

goal weight 3: 135

goal weight 4: 125

goal weight 5: 115

binge free streak: 7 days 

CraftyFriendlyIndigowingedparrot-max-1mb

#32 Thin0is0a0skill

Thin0is0a0skill

Advanced Sage

• Members
  • 1347 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 18 July 2015 - 07:51 PM

I used to have dreams where I would just binge and binge and wake up freaking out until I realized that it was just a dream. I have heard it said that dreams are the result of the subconscious working out problems that the conscious brain cannot. I believe that by denying your body food you become obsessed with food on a conscious and sub conscious level.

This is so crazy common for me, I'm not even surprised by it anymore

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Starting weight: 174

Current weight: 168

goal weight 1: 155

goal weight 2: 145

goal weight 3: 135

goal weight 4: 125

goal weight 5: 115

binge free streak: 7 days 

CraftyFriendlyIndigowingedparrot-max-1mb

#33 la chérie

la chérie

Advanced Sage

• Members
  • 2454 posts
  • LocationHiding, OK

Posted 18 July 2015 - 07:55 PM

Once, when I was in a terrible mental state mind you, I dreamt about eating full-yolk scrambled eggs and ketchup and I SOBBED MYSELF AWAKE.

tumblr_static_e1x5dd5g38ggko4s8w00gg4gg.

"Dying is an art and I do it exceptionally well."

Sylvia Plath

Soon: 100.0

Now: 102.8
Was: 92.0

#34 Guest_Problem Child_*

Guest_Problem Child_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2015 - 11:09 PM

I have binge dreams rather often. I wake up thinking I need to purge, and sometimes I actually do.
Honestly I think my subconscious mind is trying to feed me lmao, because it happens when I'm restricting or fasting, and it's always food I've been craving.
Also, every time I've been in treatment, I'd have recurring nightmares about meals that never end.
I also once had a dream where I robbed a candy store -- not for money, for chocolate and Turkish delights -- and I was dragging a huge transparent bag of the stolen candy down the street. I looked back at the bag to see that the candy had turned into huge bugs, still alive and moving.
And last night I dreamed that I was trying to eat like everyone else, in this surreal landscape pretty much made of food, where everyone was happily eating chocolate, pizza, etc. but one of my classmates noticed that I wasn't eating and everyone hates me because they realized how fucked up I am. I tried to eat to make them accept me, but I had a "panic attack". Quotation marks because in addition to usual panic symptoms, gallons of blood sprayed out of my mouth and nose. I could taste the blood.
I've always had a lot of awful and very vivid dreams, but because of my medication they're spectacularly bad now lol

#35 Guest_Peri_*

Guest_Peri_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 September 2015 - 06:04 AM

Yes!
I don't get creative dreams like this (macaroni monsters and all )
but binge dreams! Just like several people previously mentioned experiencing as well.
It will usually start off like any other dream but will eventually come around to involving lots of savory foods,
When I wake up I'm usually in panic
Like, was I sleep eating?
Paranoid,
I'll get up and investigate, look in the fridge to see if I had gone through anything, or if there's any mess in the kitchen
No!
Just strange dreams of gorging

#36 VodkaMutini413

VodkaMutini413

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts
  • LocationWay Down The Rabbit Hole

Posted 29 September 2015 - 08:02 AM

My last fast I had a dream I was eating pizza and wouldnt stop. It felt so real and when I woke up I started to have a panic attack because I lost track of the amount I had so I couldnt count the calories and it took me forever to realize it was just a dream. I was seriously about to get out my loseit app and everything.

#37 franky

franky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 11:00 AM

the other night I dreamt that I was a small skinny boy chained to a wall and binging on oatmeal cookies...i have no fucking clue why I dreamed that.....lmao. so yeah, I often have dreams about binging, and also of vomiting up food (which I can't physically do irl)

#38 x_Lola

x_Lola

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 02:21 AM

I had a dream that my dad brought home an enormous metal plate full of cheesy, greasy bread and I started screaming hysterically at him that I wasn't going to eat it unless hell froze over. I was unbelievably angry but really, it was because I was afraid of eating it and getting fat. It was the most vivid dream I've ever had. 

#39 Nalani

Nalani

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3990 posts
  • LocationStuck between Korea & Europe

Posted 23 July 2016 - 03:13 AM

I do dream about Food, but it usually isn´t the main character in it. I have a lot of reoccuring dreams and sometimes the faces or bodes of the People in it are vegetables or fear Foods. It´s so weird and I am happy it doesn´t happen to often... I usually can´t remember my dreams anyway, so that´s good,

163cm (5´4)

UGW: 48kg

고생 끝에 낙이 온 다. - At the end of hardship comes happiness.

#40 ifyoumustlive

ifyoumustlive

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 23 July 2016 - 04:36 AM

i have dreams about binging pretty often. I wake up thinking it's real and promising myself to fast to make up for it, and then I realise there are no empty wrappers or anything around, and that I don't remember binging being a part of the events from the previous day before I went to sleep. my dreams are always more realistic though, I never have the kinds of dreams you have, dreams that are physically impossible. I'm almost jealous, haha

"we turn skeletons into goddesses
and look to them as if they might teach us how not to need"

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dreams, food, ana, anorexic, anorexia

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users