How do you feel about Pescetarians? - Page 2 - Vegetarian/Vegan/Raw Food Diets - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

How do you feel about Pescetarians?

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Poll: pescetarian (264 member(s) have cast votes)

pescetarians?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 -SkinnyLove-

-SkinnyLove-

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 08:40 AM

Reducing your meat consumption of any kind is helpful for animals. I fully support Pescetarians. That being said I sometimes get annoyed when they insist on calling themselves 'vegetarian' when a vegetarian doesn't eat any flesh.

#22 imablur

imablur

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1561 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 21 May 2014 - 09:22 AM

I was one before I went fully vegan! Becoming more informed about how animal products are made and how they can effect our body made me transition fully.

5'7" CW: no fucking clue but enough to want to die LW: 183 GW: 140 UGW: 120

#23 Ofelia

Ofelia

Omniscient

• Supporter
  • 4983 posts
  • LocationThe Yellow Wallpaper

Posted 21 May 2014 - 05:07 PM

I put other. At the end of the day what they do with their diet is none of my business. I do think they're taking a huge step in the right direction though.

I just wish that there was more information readily available online regarding fish farming, what it entails, and its consequences. I'm of the opinion that pescetarians who are doing this out of compassion would transition over to vegetarianism or veganism if they knew more about this. I could be totally wrong on that of course.

• TinywristsandLittlehips likes this

Some of the bravest and most inspiring people I have ever met:

TELL: Therapy Exploitation Link Line

Please don't hesitate to reach out to these lovely people if you ever find yourself in an abusive therapeutic setting.

You will find lots of understanding, emotional support, and possible resources.

They will believe you even when you have no hope.

Vhjyg.gif

Previous Avatars

Spoiler

#24 Satyrs_Rule

Satyrs_Rule

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 05:09 PM

I vote,  I am ambivalent to other's eating choices. It's their body and their choice

#25 weightlessbeauty

weightlessbeauty

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 05:12 PM

i am one! seafood is so beneficially to the human body! mmm sushi! and smoked salmon!!! and seaweed 

• ohsotiny likes this

#26 oracular

oracular

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1778 posts
  • LocationNightosphere

Posted 21 May 2014 - 07:27 PM

I still consider them meat eaters, I guess. I just don't see why there has to be a word for them. You either eat animals or you don't, I don't see why "pescetarian" is a label of a group of people, they still eat animals. I have no problem with them at all, really, I just feel like it's an unnecessary shortcut used when people don't want to explain that they are "vegetarian except I still eat fish." 

• geek-iness likes this

5'7"

HW: 175

CW: 114

GW: 110

I always take things too far.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e471vdq35x4jcrbbrn4n0

#27 3zm2al1qp

3zm2al1qp

• Accountability access
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 June 2014 - 08:08 AM

I am pescetarian. I was a vegetarian when I started except I think I was like six at the time and my parents wouldn't let cut fish out because I became really unhealthy. Probably because I was the only vegetarian in my family, so I made most of my own meals, and six year olds aren't really known for their culinary skills, so I would just eat whatever. Now I am starting to move over to complete vegetarianism, and eventually when I move out veganism.

#28 OhHotDamn

OhHotDamn

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 11:12 AM

I'm just starting pescetianism but I plan on maybe shifting to veg. Like I love fish so much, I do feel bad but yea. Like maybe once I get the hang of eating vegetarian more, I'll shift over. I don't think I could ever do vegan though.

#29 strange_design

strange_design

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 09:55 PM

I've been pescatarian for 8 months now but my choice to not eat meat isn't really because I'm all like "save the animals!" or something. Since I have issues with my gallbladder (genetics) I stopped eating red meat about 8 years ago. I have never been a fan of pork in any way, shape, or form. I would still eat chicken, turkey, and seafood but not that often. I've always been weird about meat. It really creeps me out and it just kept getting worse and worse for me so I finally decided to just stop eating it altogether. Seafood doesn't creep me out so I'll have it once or twice a week but I mainly get my protein from legumes, tofu, meat alternatives, etc. I will admit I am crazy about animals so it does make me feel better knowing I'm not eating them anymore (iiccckkkkkk). I don't feel a "connection" toward fish/shellfish, though, so it doesn't bother me. If vegans or vegetarians have a problem with that, then they can kiss my pescatarian butt!! :)

Past 9 years: compulsive overeating, EDNOS, anorexia, bulimia.

Outpatient. Inpatient. IOP. Gave up. 

HW: 155lbs

LW: 95lbs

CW: DISGUSTING

UGW: 90lbs

#30 Guest_TinyBeauty_*

Guest_TinyBeauty_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2014 - 05:52 PM

I find nothing wrong with it, but I dislike when someone who is pescatarian calls themself vegetarian. I hate when they say "I'm vegetarian but I eat fish".

#31 Raeana23

Raeana23

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 06:20 PM

Before I was educated on what the terms actually meant I used to call myself a vegetarian that ate seafood. Then I got educated :D I went back to being a full carnivor when I got pregnant but am slowly working my way back. I still eat birds and fish but stay away from dairy as much as possible (for health reasons). I don't call myself anything right now. If people ask I just say I don't eat beef or pork. I have a good friend who is vegan that has been very supportive. He even told me to just take baby steps and not feel like I have to give up everything all at one-baby steps. He is wonderful and has really encouraged me instead of making me feel like crap.

#32 2ply100%Lanugo

2ply100%Lanugo

Omniscient

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3097 posts
  • LocationA l’ouest

Posted 11 June 2014 - 05:24 PM

The thing about pescetarians is that either they call themselves vegetarian. Or they only eat fish and then they only eat white meat and so on.

#33 DaintyDreamer

DaintyDreamer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 08:23 PM

I'm a pescetarian and its fine. It makes it a little bit easier when it comes to preparing food but i'm planning on adopting a raw vegan lifestyle. (My mum cooks all my meals and i feel guilty when she has to cook two separate meals because my whole family is pescetarian and don't want me going vegan). But if you want to go pescatarian its just as good as being vegetarian but still don't overdo it on fish and chicken. Hope this helps!  :)

I just want the best body! Calorie and exercise obsessed! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users