Bone Health! - Vitamins, Supplements and Nutrition - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Bone Health!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 icraveskinny1015

icraveskinny1015

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 03 June 2013 - 05:18 AM

Some people complain of an upset stomach when taking vitamins so I recommend tums as a calcium supplement and obviously it shouldn't make your stomach hurt because its meant to make it feel better lol of course you'll need more vitamins than just calcium but its a start haha just thought I'd share :)
27496186.png
            Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

#2 Guest_FitChad_*

Guest_FitChad_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 June 2013 - 08:29 AM

The best thing for bone health is to avoid foods that are acidic.  The only way for the body to alkalize itself is by pulling calcium out of our bones.  If the food we eat is acidic we are depleting our bones. 

Avoid all carbonation and sugar (natural sugar in fruit is fine).  Carbonated drinks and refined sugar are extremely acidic and suck the calcium from our bones.  Grains do the same thing.

No matter how much we supplement with calcium, if our diet is acidic we are damaging our bones.

#3 iwishiwasthinner

iwishiwasthinner

Advanced Warrior

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 10:57 PM

Yesterday I found a box of pills that belonged to my mom on the counter that were good for bone health so if I ever have to I may sneak a few.

I'm a low weight but an average BMI because of my age and my 4 foot 7 inch height. So instead, My goals are physical attibutes and comparisons.

Goal One- Hip Bones Showing

Goal Two- Flat Stomach

Goal Three-Thigh Gap!

Goal Four- PERFECTION.

I haven't acheived any of these yet. That's why they're still goals. But with pure determination and a little help from Ana, goals can be turned into victory.

Myfitnesspal is iwishimay, add me!

As of 6/19/13, I will be going on a weeklong fast of Green Tea and Water.

#4 FallenAngel89

FallenAngel89

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • LocationOuter Space

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:07 PM

Vitamin D with the calcium is vital too!  :)

Closer by the day, but so painstakingly far away...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users