Period. - Beauty, Health and Wellness - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Period.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Paint Thinner

Paint Thinner

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 04 June 2013 - 12:57 AM

I'm assuming this goes in this section!

Okay, so I got mine when I was 15, and it's never been regular. I'm 19, almost 20 now. Usually I get it 2 or 3 times a year, and it will last about 8 or 9 days and it's really heavy, I always just assumed it was heavy because I got it so scarcely. But I think there is something really wrong now! I've had the same period since the beginning of May. It was really heavy at first, then it stopped for maybe two days, then it came back, steady but lighter. And since then, it has still been going on. It might stop for maybe one day, and then it will start back again. It's light for the most part, but every now and again I get a huge blood clot. 

Does anyone have any ideas what may be causing this? I'm a virgin by the way, and not sexually active, so that has nothing to do with it. Thanks in advance!

event.png

tumblr_m3zr0tX35R1r3xuvro1_500.gif

#2 Guest_floating_*

Guest_floating_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 June 2013 - 06:23 AM

there can be many reasons from what i understand. . if you are low on iron your body will hold on to the little that it has causing irregularities in your period (until you increase your iron intake).  fibroids can also cause irregularities for some, and are somewhat common, but of course you need to see a doctor to determine if that's a cause.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users