Shaking, Sweating, Tingling, Rapid Heart Rate - Bulimia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Shaking, Sweating, Tingling, Rapid Heart Rate

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 lorelairose

lorelairose

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationManhattan

Posted 21 April 2014 - 11:11 PM

Hi guys, literally a few minutes ago, I was feeling ago and searcing for fasting buddies and now i don't know what's wrong but i'm shaking and dripping with sweat and my heart is slamming in my chest. i feel off balance and my legs and arms felt all pins and needles when i got up to get water.

i fasted for 24 hours, then binged on a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and some snickers a couple hours ago and just purged it up before getting into the shower like 15 minutes ago and now all of a sudden this. this has never happened before. does anyone know what's up?

“We turn skeletons into goddesses and look to them as if they might teach us how not to need.”

#2 lapsingsanity

lapsingsanity

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 April 2014 - 11:45 PM

could be having a heart attack.

messy / sick / take no shit
24 / between 5' and 5'1" / cw: a number
idk why I still get on here tbh

#3 cvllarbvnes

cvllarbvnes

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 12:08 AM

I get that when I take certain laxatives or too much of them. Also when I eat certain foods like mcdonalds! Hope you're alright <3

SW 123

LW 110

CW 114

GW 95

#4 AlmostFree

AlmostFree

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1047 posts
  • LocationBuffalo NY

Posted 22 April 2014 - 01:50 AM

This almost exact thing happened to me the other night. I thought I was having a heart attack. Breathe and drink a lot of water. I think it's a combination of electrolyte imbalance and dehydration. I also ended up having a banana and some straight up salt after my heart had calmed down. If someone is home with you try to be around them in case you pass out you don't fall and hurt yourself or break your skull open (just say you're feeling unwell if you need to tell them something). If you have any Gatorade or vitamin water please drink it! I hope you're alright darlin

#5 Guest_MiaMacabre_*

Guest_MiaMacabre_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 April 2014 - 01:54 AM

^ I agree. Just try to relax and not think so much about it, just pace your breathing and drink some gatorade. 

#6 Cadira

Cadira

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:10 AM

That happenes to me almost every purge, and the only way to stop that is eating.
I think it has something to do a super low blood sugar (suddenly gotten so low) bc the symptoms are similar with so called sugar chock.

5'1"
SW 61,3 kg

LW 33 kg

#7 fucupcake

fucupcake

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 23 April 2014 - 05:45 PM

That is most definitely low blood sugar, be VERY careful! I get seizures if I don't keep my blood sugar up. :(

#8 Guest_Ada_Lovelace_*

Guest_Ada_Lovelace_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2014 - 06:14 PM

Oh jeez, this is literally happening to me right now.  I feel like I'm about to die and puke and faint at the same time.

• pleaseletmebethin likes this

#9 ~dude...just eat it~

~dude...just eat it~

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 920 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 04:01 PM

Also whether you purge or restrict...your heart still has to work harder to get all the blood where it needs to go. Also sometimes symptoms like occur when you aren't getting enough oxygen where you needed.
Hell no, we’re aggressive and full of compassion. Love hard or get your feelings hurt.
giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5d412892354b716741

#10 mschanel

mschanel

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • LocationColorado, US

Posted 24 April 2014 - 04:07 PM

This very same thing happens to me quite a bit after restricting for some time, subsequently getting nauseous from it, and then vomiting. I get the sweats, my arms, legs, and face tingle, my heart feels like I just went on a five mile sprint, and I just generally feel awful. I would suggest taking it very easy and to slowly keep fluids going down. It's a shitty feeling but I don't think it's something to be too alarmed about. The human body is a very highly adaptable machine.
  • pleaseletmebethin likes this
Height: 5'4"
HW: 138 lbs
LW: 94 lbs
CW: 105 lbs
GW:105
UGW: 98

#11 lorelairose

lorelairose

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationManhattan

Posted 24 April 2014 - 11:10 PM

Thank you for all the concern, guys(:

I just had to keep myself calm, lay down, and drink water like it was going out of style haha and I eventually felt normal again.

Much love<3

• -BrOkEn- likes this

“We turn skeletons into goddesses and look to them as if they might teach us how not to need.”

#12 alldayidream

alldayidream

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • LocationDark pit of dooooom

Posted 25 April 2014 - 01:53 PM

Low sugar and electrolytes are most likely the culprit.  I was getting those symptoms every time i purged as well as randomly throughout the day and when I finally forced myself to go to the ER to find out what was happening, they ended up keeping me there for 4 days on IV electrolytes because my potassium was fatally low.  

I suggest gatorade-type drinks, coconut water, bananas if you can handle them, and see if you can get some supplements from your doctor to keep your levels up.

Take care <3 

• pleaseletmebethin and AllanaKimberly like this

5'8 // CW scary. // GW 120 // UGW like it really matters..

tumblr_mtbweyfooV1sg7qy9o1_500.jpg

Because its deep down in your marrow . . . 

& no weight can lift those mercury bones

#13 harlow

harlow

Omniscient

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3158 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 28 April 2014 - 04:12 PM

This exact thing happened to me about a month ago, I was lying in bed for hours feeling like that and then had to crawl to the bathroom because I couldn't stand and started throwing up and couldn't stop but there was nothing there.

I had a seizure about 3 hours after that but I refused to let my friend take me to the hospital. It's never happened before, and even now I still feel very "fuzzy" if that makes sense, I have dizzy spells where I have to pull myself together again.  I've been trying to eat and drink things to help my blood sugar. Are these just normal after effects of a seizure? I literally have no idea  :unsure:

Countess of Cock.

Proud member of The Dick Club.

EST. 19/07/14. 

#teamjamal 

LILITHKNIGHT. ♕

alek

#14 AllanaKimberly

AllanaKimberly

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 28 April 2014 - 04:31 PM

Does definitely sound like electrolytes and/or dehydration. As others have said you need to be so careful if this happens. Try to drink something sweet or have an energy drink. I know its hard but honestly its better than a heart attack or seizure. I know how scary and horrible it is the first time xxx

5ft    Bulimic (17 years, EDNOS&BED before that)    27 years old   -   HW: 200lbs    LW: 112lbs    GW: 84lbs

HbUUp1.png

LiveJournal       WordPress       Pinterest       Tumblr       WeHeartIt       Accountability

#15 harlow

harlow

Omniscient

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3158 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 28 April 2014 - 05:59 PM

Does definitely sound like electrolytes and/or dehydration. As others have said you need to be so careful if this happens. Try to drink something sweet or have an energy drink. I know its hard but honestly its better than a heart attack or seizure. I know how scary and horrible it is the first time xxx

I know it was horrible, not something I ever want to have happen again. Reassuring in a way to read this though because I was still unsure over what caused it and it was just making me constantly paranoid. Thank you hun xx

Countess of Cock.

Proud member of The Dick Club.

EST. 19/07/14. 

#teamjamal 

LILITHKNIGHT. ♕

alek

#16 psychocat0604

psychocat0604

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationWestern NY

Posted 28 April 2014 - 08:01 PM

electrolytes and low blood sugar... sounds textbook like me for low blood sugar. Also given pb & j on bread and snickers are carbs that are broken down very quickly so by the time you finish eating them and get to purge them your body is already responding to them. It cannot immediately stop the production of insulin and its release into the body so your body then is reacting to the level of insulin that would have been appropriate to deal with what you are. Now that is gone and it causes your blood sugar to plummet. Please if you feel that way try to get a small piece of dark chocolate, or like there are diabetic glucose tablets that you can keep in emergency situations. Because honestly it is a borderline emergency situation. If you let it go and your blood sugar cannot right itself appropriately quick enough you can have seizures, go into a coma and in some severe cases even death.

For me I have a REAL hard time dealing with this when it is already happening so as a preventative measure I will usually keep Dove Dark Chocolates with Almonds in my fridge and allow myself 1 after a particularly bad/intense purge. If I wait till I start experiencing symptoms I am more likely to end up binging.

The binge/purges that do this to me are high carb/sugar episodes. 

I hope you are feeling better, if at any moment you think you might pass out do NOT hesitate to call for help <3

• Pinkerton likes this

~Psychocat0604 =^..^=

<3 Tiger <3 Ivory <3 Kali <3

#17 pleaseletmebethin

pleaseletmebethin

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 29 April 2014 - 04:13 AM

Low sugar and electrolytes are most likely the culprit.  I was getting those symptoms every time i purged as well as randomly throughout the day and when I finally forced myself to go to the ER to find out what was happening, they ended up keeping me there for 4 days on IV electrolytes because my potassium was fatally low.  

I suggest gatorade-type drinks, coconut water, bananas if you can handle them, and see if you can get some supplements from your doctor to keep your levels up.

Take care <3

I think it does sound like an electrolyte imbalance. I've just come out of hospital after being treated for this. Please be careful. :)

#18 thegreenplant

thegreenplant

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts
  • LocationOslo

Posted 29 April 2014 - 04:43 AM

It means you're close to dying from a heart attack

#19 Guest_Papercrafts_*

Guest_Papercrafts_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 April 2014 - 12:35 AM

you know i do that when i fast/restrict and eat something with high fat content. i honestly think it's something in it that speed up our heart too quickly when it's doing it's best to be calm because it's in a low bloodpressure/lowheart rate state. sometimes my hand trembles, i feel in and out of consciousness, i don't really know what's going on kind of feeling, dizzy upon standing, almost scared to try and sleep, and scared. 

the cocoa in the snickers could have sped up your heart to quickly too. i hope your feeling better. <3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users