BIO OIL!!!!! - Beauty, Health and Wellness - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

BIO OIL!!!!!

stretch cut scar biooil gone away

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 katrina

katrina

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:26 AM

okkk so here goes.

.... while loosing weight i never  cared about my skin and moving straight away from 180 pounds to  135 pounds i was blessed with quite a lot of stretch marks... having tried products like crazy... of which some of them worked and some didnt... so i wanted to know if any of you guys have tried bio oil and it worked for you.... im in great need of help... IM having a personality complex.. help me pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee  :wacko: .......

GIVE ME ADVICE SOMEBODY ANYBODY...HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPP........ :ph34r: 

#2 SeekingPerfection

SeekingPerfection

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:10 AM

I had a massive scar on my left thigh from an accident as a kid where I basically got dragged down a grave road. I started using bio oil about 2 years after it had fully become a scar and after about a month of using it it was nearly gone! Now there is no evidence of there ever being a scar :) its worth trying!

• katrina likes this

Height: 5ft6

Start weight: 121 pounds

Current weight: 118 pounds

Goal weight: 100 pounds

#3 Minji64

Minji64

Omniscient

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3014 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:59 AM

Use zinc! Zinc Oxide to be specific, I started using a sunscreen lotion on a huge scar on my arm which contained zinc as the main ingredient and it has almost completely faded! Before, it was red and angry and very unsightly and it has worked great for me and everyone in my family. In between putting anything on stretch marks, make sure they're always moisturised or your skin will stay tight and continuing stretching even if you're not putting on more weight.

• katrina likes this

mini-graphics-cats-397945.gif

OCD | Trichotillomania | Major Depression 

AnaNOS | Chew & Spit | SI Clean | Binge Clean

Goal: 80lb | 14.6

#4 katrina

katrina

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:04 AM

I had a massive scar on my left thigh from an accident as a kid where I basically got dragged down a grave road. I started using bio oil about 2 years after it had fully become a scar and after about a month of using it it was nearly gone! Now there is no evidence of there ever being a scar :) its worth trying!

thank you so much for the advice i am definitely giving this a try.... ^_^  ^_^  ^_^

#5 foodforthought

foodforthought

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:22 PM

I used bio oil after my c-section, but I'm not a fan of products with a mineral oil base, so made my own version up with pure vitamin E oil diluted with almond oil and various essential oils (calendula, lavender and rosemary).  I got good results.  If you're sensitive to chemicals and synthetic fragrance you might find bio oil quite harsh and ineffective.

HW 164lbs

CW 125 lbs

LW 102 lb

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: stretch, cut, scar, biooil, gone, away

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users