Any fellow equestrians struggling? - Page 2 - Exercise - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Any fellow equestrians struggling?

Horse riding Equestrian Eating disorders Challenges Sport Horses Lifestyle Competing Ponies

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 Emilyxo

Emilyxo

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1172 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 12 June 2017 - 06:59 AM

I recently got a new pair of stirrups called flex-on for showjumping, and their the kids style, and expensive so I'm trying to stay light to keep using them! I also have free-jump stirrups which are also juniors and for under 60kg so it motivates me to stay under, and at 5'7" my 'natural' weight is around 63kg so it helps! It's kind of a no win situation, I always think the lighter I am the better my horse will jump, but then I'm weaker and have no control jumping so it makes no difference!! I also find it so difficult picking out hooves and the dreaded mucking out! A healthy balance somewhere would really help..
Once again on my road to self destruction 🤦‍♀️

#22 Emsdelrey

Emsdelrey

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 02:37 PM

Yea, I want to be lighter because of riding. I hate how my thighs look when I'm riding, and I think I'd look so so much better at a lower weight

"If I get a little prettier, can I be your baby?"

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Horse riding, Equestrian, Eating disorders, Challenges, Sport, Horses, Lifestyle, Competing, Ponies

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users