Counting Points? - WeightWatchers - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Counting Points?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 AzureEyes

AzureEyes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • LocationThe Impala

Posted 27 April 2014 - 11:55 PM

I'm a little confused with the points system. I have no access to the app, so i don't know if you count points there or what.
A little help will help me please!

Spoiler

"I'm tired of being called fatty. I'm tired of feeling ugly. I'm tired of not having anyone I can talk to about these issues. And I'm tired of people judging me as though I don't have them."

c6b67a5de9d40d0cef37a3e70e7106a04d637a42

#2 LMNJ

LMNJ

Omniscient

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4987 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 28 April 2014 - 02:47 PM

I am on "Simply Filling" or what they call their "Simple Start". Are you paying by the week or did you do a monthly subscription? In your welcome packet, there is a little look they give you that has some points values for a lot of basic food items. When you go to the meetings, you can look at one of their points books on display for food items that you regularly consume that may not be expressed in that little free book. That's what I did initially until I joined and got the monthly pass.

I count my 49 flex points by using the paper tracker. They will give you as many as you ask for.  The one thing about points - if you "cheat" it - you won't lose. I learned that the hard way. I have also discovered that eating all my flex points means no loss. If you want to promote a faster loss (or really a smarter one), do not eat your "activity points."  They consider activity walking around in the house during a commercial or walking in the mall or grocery store.  That's not enough exercise to really tap into burning calories.

Some member say if they don't know the points - they don't eat it.

WW does have message boards (I've tried them - don't care for them) and if you ask for help, there is always someone who will help with calculating points.  

I found this free WW point calculator here:  http://www.calculato...alculator.phtml

Don't get stuck in the paralysis of perfection. 

Seeking the ultimate freedom from binge-eating.

CW = 138 (5/24)  //  138.5 (5/23)  //  140 (5/13)   //   141 (5/12)  //   SW=143 (5/7)    //   UGW = 115

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I am  5'2 1/2"  //  51 years young  //   2nd Degree Black Belt in Tae Kwon Do //  HWE = 191 (1998)

#3 LMNJ

LMNJ

Omniscient

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4987 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 28 April 2014 - 02:50 PM

By the way - by just cutting back (WAY) back on my overall calories and not taking indulgence foods, I've lost 5 lbs since last Sunday. I haven't been this low since 2012 and my jeans finally fit and don't cut into me. :)  I can not wait for a few more lbs gone then I can try to get back into my skinny jeans. THEN - I ways to go back to Old Navy and buy that dress that I thought I was too fat for. Because I know I am going to get there and look good soon! :)

If you have troubles with food and want to discuss selections, what to eat, just write here. I think we are the only 2 actively doing WW or at least responding about this program right now. Good luck! It's your first week and you are going to do great!

Don't get stuck in the paralysis of perfection. 

Seeking the ultimate freedom from binge-eating.

CW = 138 (5/24)  //  138.5 (5/23)  //  140 (5/13)   //   141 (5/12)  //   SW=143 (5/7)    //   UGW = 115

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I am  5'2 1/2"  //  51 years young  //   2nd Degree Black Belt in Tae Kwon Do //  HWE = 191 (1998)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users