help pls - Page 2 - Parents with ED - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

help pls

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Mummyflubber

Mummyflubber

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:54 AM

Well, a lot of that weight was baby/uterus/water weight, so I lost 20lb. Within a few days of giving birth. Since then I've just tried to be careful about what I eat (oatmeal and lots of water to ensure a good breast milk supply, lots of carrot sticks, apples and a bit of hummus at lunch, small but healthy dinner with a big bowl of arugula). I've really limited carbs too. I also try to walk for 45-hour every day and I do bikram (hot) yoga once a week. And breast feeding burns 500 calories a day.

But even with all that I look massive and awful. I was stuck at 140lb. for weeks! I need to crank it up and get rid of this ugly baby flab! Unfortunately, I have to be careful I keep my calorie intake high enough to produce breast milk, so I can't follow a lot of the diets here. I really need motivation and support though!

Honestly, I ate a lot of crap in my pregnancy and now I'm paying for it! But the longer I eat healthy, the easier it gets; it's like my taste buds have adjusted to less sugar/salt/fat and I don't get the horrible cravings as much. Now I just have to convince myself I want to go to the gym. :-)
CW: 133 lb.
HW: 178 lb. (pregnant)
LW: 88 lb.

GW: 107 lb.
UGW: 97 lb.
26 pounds to lose.

#22 ginganinja1980

ginganinja1980

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts
  • LocationBelfast, Northern Ireland

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:53 PM

see now if i was breastfeeding this would have been a lot easier but im on a strong painkiller and wasnt allowed to :( but when she sleeps i exercise or ill push her around up n down hills fa hrs just found out as havent lived here long that the seasides down the road and theres a 10 mile walk straight into the middle of belfast so gonna see how much of that i can do with the baby been fasting but have had 3 binge days since the fast i had lost 9lbs but now its 4lb only so im gonna start a MCD tomorrow for a while and see if that helps 

age 32 

height 5'7

SW    196

CW    181lbs 

GW1  140lbs

GW2 120lbs

GW3 110lbs

GW    90lbs  (For now!)

LW     60lbs

HW    196lbs

if you don't try you'll never  

People read my blog its full of great things hehe!!

#23 Mummyflubber

Mummyflubber

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:28 PM

Well, it's a shame you couldn't breastfeed, but at the same time it allows you to engage in a more aggressive diet than I can. The hill walking sounds brilliant! Just remember to keep well hydrated.

I'm thinking I need to start using my baby as a weight during exercise. He'd probably love it. ;-)
CW: 133 lb.
HW: 178 lb. (pregnant)
LW: 88 lb.

GW: 107 lb.
UGW: 97 lb.
26 pounds to lose.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users