Has anyone else gone bra free? - Beauty, Health and Wellness - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Has anyone else gone bra free?

• Please log in to reply
199 replies to this topic

#1 Lilclairese

Lilclairese

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 04:58 PM

I have been bra free for about 6 months now and my boobs have gotten a lot more shapely. Some people think I'm weird but I don't want to wear a bra it's too restricting and it looks weird when you're wearing a a backless shirt.

Anyway I just wanted to see if I was the only one to do this.
  • urlocalanorexic, 5taima, Gaia and 4 others like this

hw: 190

cw: 116

gw: 85

high: 5'7

not til my days are over. 

#2 BGS

BGS

Omniscient

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6201 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 04:51 AM

I'm a D cup so I feel like I'd look vulgar if I went totally braless. However I rarely wear a real bra anymore, I always wear bralettes. They still give me a good amount of support but don't put so much strain on my back and don't hurt my ribs.

• MercurialVenus, anthoid, Boldfish and 2 others like this

In a rabbit-fear I may hurl myself under the wheels of the car because the lights terrify me, and under the dark blind death of wheels I will be safe. I am very tired, very banal, very confused. I do not know who I am tonight. I wanted to walk until I dropped and not complete the inevitable circle of coming home

#3 Lilclairese

Lilclairese

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 05:42 AM

I'm a D cup so I feel like I'd look vulgar if I went totally braless. However I rarely wear a real bra anymore, I always wear bralettes. They still give me a good amount of support but don't put so much strain on my back and don't hurt my ribs.

I started with those then I was like I'm just not going to wear one. Some times I think it looks disgusting and I think I look like an orangoutang but when ppl look at me funny (normally I just get men looking/drooling) I act French maybe say something in a French accent then it's more socially expectable.
  • Silencieuse, Booksmart, skinnyballerina and 2 others like this

#4 Sankarea

Sankarea

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts
  • LocationMelancholy Hill

Posted 14 May 2014 - 06:03 AM

Yep! I heard it'd make my breasts perkier and my nipples higher up- and it totally has! ^w^ Been braless for a while now, I love it! I feel all free and feministic and sexy.

I have pretty large breasts, (C's or maybe D's- idk haven't measured in a while but my old C bras are tight). The most I wear is a sports bra when exercising or an undershirt to lessen the bounce/hide excited nipples. I also do exercises to strengthen my pecs.

My breast look much better naked now, and they're firmer. The only thing I don't like about going braless is that they seem low on my torso, where they naturally hang, compared to everyone else who wears a bra. I'll have my natural, lower hanging breasts and they'll have their spherical, pushed up boobs. But I like being braless too much to start wearing one again, just because of that. The most I hope for is that my breasts will shrink a bit with my weightloss, but if they don't, I'm fine with that too. I just love my breasts <3

• Ana Brujana, Lilclairese, Boldfish and 3 others like this

#5 Lilclairese

Lilclairese

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 06:53 AM

Yep! I heard it'd make my breasts perkier and my nipples higher up- and it totally has! ^w^ Been braless for a while now, I love it! I feel all free and feministic and sexy.

I have pretty large breasts, (C's or maybe D's- idk haven't measured in a while but my old C bras are tight). The most I wear is a sports bra when exercising or an undershirt to lessen the bounce/hide excited nipples. I also do exercises to strengthen my pecs.

My breast look much better naked now, and they're firmer. The only thing I don't like about going braless is that they seem low on my torso, where they naturally hang, compared to everyone else who wears a bra. I'll have my natural, lower hanging breasts and they'll have their spherical, pushed up boobs. But I like being braless too much to start wearing one again, just because of that. The most I hope for is that my breasts will shrink a bit with my weightloss, but if they don't, I'm fine with that too. I just love my breasts <3

Just remember when they are old the bra wearers they're boobs will sag x2 as much because they're muscles aren't toned to carry the weight of a famine body ;)
  • MercurialVenus likes this

#6 Julianne

Julianne

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 14 May 2014 - 10:54 AM

yep I HATE boobieprisons!

• Thinderella, 5taima, HuntedLilacs and 4 others like this

Hogwarts challenge team Hufflepuff

Spoiler

To improve is to change;

to be perfect is to change often

-Winston Churchill

caterpillar-to-butterfly.jpg

#7 thesmexiipanda

thesmexiipanda

Omniscient

• Members
  • 5192 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 10:58 AM

I did it once in public. But I wore two shirts and a sweat jacket over. 

We had to run some erins for the day and we went to Walmart. It's WALMART so I didn't feel so gross. But My back felt free. But when I'd run it'd hurt. Sometimes I do it around the house if I don't have any clean ones.

• isamanthax likes this

5'5

#8 LittleBird

LittleBird

Omniscient

• Members
  • 3751 posts
  • LocationTomorrow Land

Posted 14 May 2014 - 10:58 AM

I have AA's and hate the shape of them now, so I'd be afraid what would happen to their shape if I did go braless. :(

I only wear sports bras these days thoguh, because fuck underwire.
  • 5taima likes this

Tardis_Love.gif

24 | 5'3" | restricted intake
LW: 109 | HW: 185 (pregnancy) | CW: 122 (09/27)

Striving for perfection through self-destruction.
Accountability: Fly Away With Me

(last updated: 10/26)

MWLUe.gif

#9 Rainer

Rainer

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 11:06 AM

In my 40's. Haven't worn bra since I was a tween (except exercise bra) I'd say I'm prob a B cup. They don't sag, but I haven't had kids so I know that's a huge factor
  • Silencieuse likes this

#10 postblue

postblue

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 11:06 AM

I never wear a bra when I'm at home, but I don't feel comfortable without one in public. But how I miss my bra free days! It's the best thing ever. But I was also A LOT lighter back then, and had a A-cup instead of my current D-cup. I'll burn all my bras as soon as I feel comfortable without them.  ^_^

• Chasing_Dreams likes this

with all the battering it's taken

i'm surprised that it's still ticking

#11 thesmexiipanda

thesmexiipanda

Omniscient

• Members
  • 5192 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 11:10 AM

Also, I feel like I should know my bra sizes but I don't know. When ever my mom and I go bra shopping she just looks at my bra size tag and tells me what size to get. I pick out the designs :]

5'5

#12 islandbird886

islandbird886

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 11:13 AM

In my 40's. Haven't worn bra since I was a tween (except exercise bra) I'd say I'm prob a B cup. They don't sag, but I haven't had kids so I know that's a huge factor

I've had kids and nursed them all and have no sag, but, I do have stretch marks since they get twice as big when I was nursing the babies.

I have very small boobs (barely A) and barely a B when I was breastfeeding. It's so embarrassing having teeny boobs, I so badly wish I were a B or C.

I did buy a bombshell bra from VS and it does create the illusion of having bigger boobs (large B to small C range) but there's no cleavage and they look kind of like helmets with no natural movement. I hate the way it feels too. But unless I'm wearing that I don't wear a bra.

#13 MercurialVenus

MercurialVenus

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 May 2014 - 01:17 PM

at my LW I neeevverrrr wore a bra. Never. I wore tank tops with sweaters over them. I didn't need bras and they are uncomfortable I hate them. I still hate them but now I kinda need them.

Height: 5'2" 

PRO RECOVERY

HW: 114 lb- bmi 20.85 CW: 95.4- bmi  17.54

GW1: 93 bmi 17.0 GW2: 85 bmi 15.5

LW: 89 lb-bmi 16.28 UGW: 80 lb- bmi 14.63

msrmnts: 31"-24"-33"

largest part of thigh: 19"

http://isabelfeye.com/

https://twitter.com/isabelfeye

http://instagram.com/isabelfeye

#14 Lilclairese

Lilclairese

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 01:24 PM

I had a kid and they only sag a little but are regaining there shape my boobs grew to DD when I was preg but now are back to a B. The stretch marks are killer though.

#15 MercurialVenus

MercurialVenus

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 May 2014 - 01:34 PM

99% of the time I wear a bralette. 

wish I could go completely braless again but the time will come soon when I lose enough weight.

• tr-phywife likes this

Height: 5'2" 

PRO RECOVERY

HW: 114 lb- bmi 20.85 CW: 95.4- bmi  17.54

GW1: 93 bmi 17.0 GW2: 85 bmi 15.5

LW: 89 lb-bmi 16.28 UGW: 80 lb- bmi 14.63

msrmnts: 31"-24"-33"

largest part of thigh: 19"

http://isabelfeye.com/

https://twitter.com/isabelfeye

http://instagram.com/isabelfeye

#16 RumHam

RumHam

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 3640 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 07:31 PM

Sometimes I wear a bandeau, & sometimes skip a bra all together. I have a dermal piercing in a tattoo on my side that gets caught in underwire :-/
Height - 5'1 HW - 108 CW 89 LW - 80 UGW-79

#17 Guest_Primal Daughter_*

Guest_Primal Daughter_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 May 2014 - 07:33 PM

I can only sometimes tolerate sports bras and lacy lingerie, but 99% of the time I am bra-less. My breasts are only like A-B at best though.

#18 Guest_Hambone Fakenamington_*

Guest_Hambone Fakenamington_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 May 2014 - 07:34 PM

Yes.

• Akkey-chan, bury me with tea, They call me Cayley and 1 other like this

#19 PinkGlassRoses

PinkGlassRoses

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts
  • LocationSomewhere ver the Rainbow...

Posted 15 May 2014 - 07:36 PM

I only wear a bra when I leave the house! After breastfeeding, they are beyond help without surgery lol so I don't care while I'm at home but would NEVER leave the house without a bra to pull those suckers up!

• Microchick likes this

#20 bury me with tea

bury me with tea

Advanced Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1390 posts
  • Locationbetween rage and serenity

Posted 15 May 2014 - 07:36 PM

yesss 3 years now. greatest thing ever. i get self conscious of nipples... XD but... whatever. B)

i'll fight like hell, to hide that i'm giving up

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users