No period - Illness or Injury - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

No period

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Geli Alexia

Geli Alexia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:00 PM

I hav had anorexia sinse I was 7 and I have ocasionaly had a period a cople of times sinse I was 11. But I havnt had one in over a year. My docter sid it was becuse I was so underweght. But a few weks ago I had some testin dun and they fond out that becuse of my beng underweght four so long I am infertil. I wantd kildren when I am older but know I am sad. Aney tip to help cop?

#2 TheEmilyShow

TheEmilyShow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:50 PM

Oh hon, that is sad. Did you ask for a second opinion? If you would gain weight would it change anything?

I am on the pill and that keeps my hormon levels just right. But for you to start taking them you must first get an actual period.

If you really want to have children I would find more information and ask for more opinions.

It's never too late

Emily

http://the-emily-show.tumblr.com/

H: 5ft 4in - CW: 119

#3 think thin

think thin

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 910 posts
  • LocationLand of self loathing

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:13 AM

What i heard is that you have to take in more iron, they sell pills for this if you dont want to eat more xx little word of advice x:)

MPA since '13 

#4 dancingthrulife

dancingthrulife

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:00 PM

Definitely get a second opinion! See if gaining enough weight would change it. Then you could start the pill to help regulate. Oh and definitely look into the iron pills too! I also heard high dosages of vitamin C works too, but be careful on the amount. 

"I suck it up now so I won't have to suck it in later."

"You can feel sore tomorrow or you can feel sorry tomorrow... You choose."

"I want to be my own thinspo."

Stats

Height: 5'8"

31-23-35

BF%: 8.1%   BMI: 15.7

HW: ??? (Sorry, still can't admit it :( Too ashamed)

LW: 100 lbs.

1st UGW: 115 lbs. (Check!)

2nd UGW: 110 lbs. (Check!)

3rd UGW: 105 lbs. (Check!)

CW: 103 lbs.

#5 locust

locust

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:42 PM

as your BMI goes below 18 your body stops producing as much estrogen and you may stop ovulating since your body is convinced that you are not able to carry a child. infertility can be reversed in our day and age but it may require for you to get your BMI up and maybe take some fertility medication.

• dancingthrulife likes this
Height:  5'7"
HW:     160
CW:     150
GW1:   143
GW2:   135
UW:     126

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users