To the bone: bottle scene .... Who all cried? - Movies and TV Shows - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

To the bone: bottle scene .... Who all cried?

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#1 ShandiLambrini

ShandiLambrini

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2416 posts
  • LocationINDIANA USA

Posted 16 July 2017 - 04:14 PM

I know there's already some topics about to the bone, but I just wanna know if anyone else bawled like a damn baby at this scene??? Lol

Update: it was definitely weird AS FUCK and totally creepy when she was offering it to begin with... I totally thought "WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK?!"
However, I'm referring to when she actually broke down and asked to be held and fed. That part. I thought it was so fucking sad and heartbreaking.
Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
  • a little sleepy, Katie Katie, lanabanana90 and 6 others like this

#2 eIjeeae

eIjeeae

Omniscient

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4550 posts
  • Locationin mf laputa bitch

Posted 16 July 2017 - 04:15 PM

no i was like what the fuck

• dana000, Broken_Dragon_Flies, Jiinx and 13 others like this

#3 SleepytimeJunction

SleepytimeJunction

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 04:18 PM

I legit almost turned it off because I thought it was too weird, sorry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • ghostin, Choco_Bitch_612, MoarTired and 3 others like this

/\{•;;•}/\

#4 GoodBones

GoodBones

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 04:18 PM

Too weird.
  • mg.mrtnz and Kites like this
Starting weight second time around on myproana 154. Never been 154 before. So through healthy eating and low intensity exercise I am trending down slowly. Since may 13 154 pounds. Cw 149.

#5 screamingwillow

screamingwillow

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1248 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 05:20 PM

I'm certainly not new to "alternative" styles of treatment and therapy....but it had me wondering, is this for real?  I'm googling it...

• ShandiLambrini, fatfuckup and Keepitsecret? like this

#6 abbywest

abbywest

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1824 posts
  • LocationSouth West of England

Posted 16 July 2017 - 05:26 PM

OP I was the same, like when she got out the bottle I was like what the actual fuck mate

But then when she was feeding her I was in tears, I think that the imagery was intense and it was the meaning behind the feeding that got to me. I mean the relationship between Eli and her mother in the movie was portrayed as distant and it was clear that Eli's mother hadn't been there for her as she should have been when Eli was a baby. I think the scene was supposed to be weird because (well Eli's mother is a little quirky anyway lol) but the concept was foreign for both of them and it was extremely intimate for them... like part of me felt like I shouldn't be watching such a private moment. Another thing that touched me was the fact that Eli for so long had grown a complete fear of food and it was the enemy for her, (look what it took for her to eat th chocolate bar) she at that point would have died over than facing her fear and to have her mother hold her and physically comfort her and help her overcome that was very emotional to me.

Idk maybe the philosophy student in me is reading too deep.

(Sorry if this post is a mess I'm extremely exhausted and have been b/p'ing all night)
  • gelato, illia, sweetperfection and 14 others like this

Height:5'6" HW:143lbs CW:141lbs GW1:114lbs GW2:105lbs UGW:96lbs

tumblr_m2d45mIcQG1rrlce8o1_500.giftumblr_mneemrFqcN1rm2032o1_500.gif

tumblr_mcr921ZfZC1qif4m8.gif

tumblr_m77w8jQkPR1rb2s9uo1_500.gif

#7 Xanax Doll

Xanax Doll

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 July 2017 - 05:40 PM

I didn't think it was strange. Yes, it was different. But in a way it was touching. It was a loving gesture from a mother to her child? Idk... I liked it. 

• ShandiLambrini, chibibuns, superunknown and 1 other like this

#8 teehee

teehee

Dead Inside

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17423 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 16 July 2017 - 05:46 PM

I read about that method a long ass time ago so it wasn't really all that shocking
  • SpringSickness likes this

#9 ᵒ ʷ ᵒ ᶜ ᵃ ᵗ

ᵒ ʷ ᵒ ᶜ ᵃ ᵗ

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 2508 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 05:48 PM

Dude I thought it was so fucking weird. She got the bottle and I was like, can you not.

but I cried a good hard cry when she actually wanted to be fed. It takes some SERIOUS abandonment issues to want that.
I myself like to be held and rocked, probably because my parents didn't really hold me or anything.

• somna 🌙, Emonstrocity, brindille. and 6 others like this

HEIGHT: 5'7"

HW: 155

LW: 105

CW: N/A

UGW: 95/43kg

Yikes

#10 Deez Nuts

Deez Nuts

Pussy Vultures

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25252 posts
  • LocationTatooine

Posted 16 July 2017 - 05:49 PM

I see the reason behind it

it wasn't that weird

I've seen weirder 

• psychiatric delusions, ShandiLambrini, superunknown and 2 others like this

a78ec59389e384bceb175f638dff87c8.gif

source.gif

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Stuff I like in spoiler, click if interested:

Spoiler

Male
Aerialist dump thread: 
https://www.myproana...st-dump-thread/
AN b/p
HT: 5'6
HW: 131
CW: 107
UGW: 103

#11 Guest_affamée_*

Guest_affamée_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 July 2017 - 05:52 PM

I think I read way too much about it before seeing the movie so expected it to be way weirder. Don't get me wrong, it was definitely weird, but my response was also just "meh, it's an independent(ish)/semi-artsy film, I'm not surprised." 

Same goes for the tree hallucination and what not. Also, since there was so much Lucas hate, I expected to hate him way more, which I think in the end made him almost endearing to me. 

#12 skinnymore

skinnymore

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • LocationAmerica

Posted 16 July 2017 - 06:02 PM

I hated this scene, I thought the whole part was so weird

#13 ShandiLambrini

ShandiLambrini

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2416 posts
  • LocationINDIANA USA

Posted 16 July 2017 - 08:11 PM

OP I was the same, like when she got out the bottle I was like what the actual fuck mate

But then when she was feeding her I was in tears, I think that the imagery was intense and it was the meaning behind the feeding that got to me. I mean the relationship between Eli and her mother in the movie was portrayed as distant and it was clear that Eli's mother hadn't been there for her as she should have been when Eli was a baby. I think the scene was supposed to be weird because (well Eli's mother is a little quirky anyway lol) but the concept was foreign for both of them and it was extremely intimate for them... like part of me felt like I shouldn't be watching such a private moment. Another thing that touched me was the fact that Eli for so long had grown a complete fear of food and it was the enemy for her, (look what it took for her to eat th chocolate bar) she at that point would have died over than facing her fear and to have her mother hold her and physically comfort her and help her overcome that was very emotional to me.

Idk maybe the philosophy student in me is reading too deep.

(Sorry if this post is a mess I'm extremely exhausted and have been b/p'ing all night)

Yesssss.. it was like she realized how bad she needed that from her mom and was willing to accept her mom to give her that nutrition... Like if her mom didn't really care, no way would she have accepted that nutrition and CALORIES, but she could see past her mom's mistakes and how much she really does care, and what her mom was willing to try to help. She needed that from her mom , to see and hear that desperation from love come from her mom, and when she did, she was willing to take the calories, it was worth it, for her and also I think a part of her did it FOR her mom (especially actually eating).... Out of love and to be loved. And when she sang to her

• Strain and screamingwillow like this

#14 ShandiLambrini

ShandiLambrini

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2416 posts
  • LocationINDIANA USA

Posted 16 July 2017 - 08:13 PM

Dude I thought it was so fucking weird. She got the bottle and I was like, can you not.

but I cried a good hard cry when she actually wanted to be fed. It takes some SERIOUS abandonment issues to want that.
I myself like to be held and rocked, probably because my parents didn't really hold me or anything.

Yesss to everything u said. And I'm sorry u that u can relate due to personal experience

• Obscuriana likes this

#15 somna 🌙

somna 🌙

Omniscient

• Members
  • 5390 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 10:04 PM

It was kinda endearing

Spoiler

"Yes, it hurts like hell. I'm going to do it anyway. I don't know how to stop myself."

Q84VN6t.png?1

formerly vomit~doll, formerly my_lovely_bones

#16 fatfuckup

fatfuckup

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:44 AM

It was awkward af but I cried so hard..

• Obscuriana likes this
Spoiler

Fatfuckup's accountability

#17 mypiranha

mypiranha

Omniscient

• Members
  • 3103 posts
  • LocationMoving Forward

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:30 AM

I didn't cry
It was just sheer desperation in the mothers part & guilt that her mental problems when Eli was young made her anorexic. She just wanted to feed her baby. Kind of understand as a mother as my children will always be my babies even when they're amillion years old.
🌧Bulimic ⛈Alcoholic in recovery 🌪Borderline

#18 bittergreen

bittergreen

Omniscient

• Members
  • 5495 posts
  • LocationThe North.

Posted 17 July 2017 - 10:09 AM

I laughed. Like actually lol'd. Out loud.

#19 Guest_fruitpassion_*

Guest_fruitpassion_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 July 2017 - 11:33 AM

I was uncomfortable

Sent from my LGL43AL using Tapatalk

#20 HateMyself89

HateMyself89

Omniscient

• Members
  • 2956 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 12:23 PM

I was so uncomfortable I actually felt my skin crawling. I don't like human touch much so yeah lol gross. Just no. Never ever happen to me!
  • baristabitch and SugarFreeRedbullz like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users