To the bone: bottle scene .... Who all cried? - Page 2 - Movies and TV Shows - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

To the bone: bottle scene .... Who all cried?

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#21 That1girl//

That1girl//

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 07:01 PM

It was weird as fuck. Like i was cringing it was so weird to watch.
hw-153lbscw-128.lbs#1gw-125lbs#2gw-110#3gw-94lbs <3Tired of starting over ? Then stop giving up.<p>

#22 belladonna25

belladonna25

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 07:04 PM

Fore me it wase more about what we are wiling to do fore our strange mothers.

• CranberryAddict likes this

SW:82,6  GW:154(70 kg)  

#23 The pain

The pain

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1282 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 18 July 2017 - 01:40 AM

Was ok. Didn't cry

#24 deaddream

deaddream

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 02:26 AM

People apparently is TOO STUPID to understand the fucking metaphor.

"Ewwwww, soooo weirddd!!!111!"

BMI: 16

Except for that all I ever think about in life is bingeing and purging. Everything else is just "background noise"

#25 Emptyspirits

Emptyspirits

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2202 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 04:52 PM

OMFG I CRIED JENSOWKSOQ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#26 Guest_Chameleon Soul_*

Guest_Chameleon Soul_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2017 - 04:58 PM

I had mixed feelings about that scene. Overall though, that scene just made me feel really uncomfortable.

#27 aspenleaves

aspenleaves

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 05:02 PM

I sobbed unexpectedly because it was super uncomfortable but the feels just got me out of nowhere :'( 

• lanabanana90 and Obscuriana like this

SW: 170 lbs

160 lbs

155 lbs

150 lbs

140 lbs

130 lbs

120 lbs

110 lbs

UGW: 105 lbs

LW: 104

#28 Guest_cryamellatte_*

Guest_cryamellatte_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2017 - 05:17 PM

I haven't cried during a movie since being a little child because images on a screen usually don't really get to me emotionally but that scene brought tears to my eyes. I found the feeding part a little weird since it's very ... Unconventional I guess lol but for me it was rather Ellen's desperation that got to me. Like her realizing that she will die if she doesn't eat, but still being unable to eat herself so accepting her mothers offer out of desperation because at heart she doesn't want to die. Idk, I'm shit at interpreting things but those were my thoughts
  • lanabanana90, Obscuriana and aspenleaves like this

#29 lanabanana90

lanabanana90

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1004 posts
  • Locationcalifornia

Posted 18 July 2017 - 05:32 PM

I thought it was fucking weird at first but yeah I agree with you I cried. I wouldn't say I balled but I cried

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#30 0JPG

0JPG

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 18 July 2017 - 09:15 PM

Yes, I cried and I'm happy I wasn't the only one! My mom passed away about 7 months ago, and she was an incredibly heartwarming and nurturing mom. When Eli called out in desperation to her mom because she realized she didn't actually want to die is when I started to tear up and cried throughout the entirety of the scene. It made me miss the nurturing nature of my own mom, felt a strong urge to be able to cuddle with her again, and mixed with the intimacy of the movie's scene is probably what got to me. It was very well acted so kudos to both of them, since I'm also sure it was an unconventional scene to act out to say the least. Imagine the bloopers if any.. lol..

• Obscuriana, magicalForestFairies and LazyAnorexic™ like this

#31 LazyAnorexic™

LazyAnorexic™

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Location.........

Posted 18 July 2017 - 10:10 PM

I sobbed unexpectedly because it was super uncomfortable but the feels just got me out of nowhere :'( 

Same, and I don't recall the last time I even cried.  Sobbing & can't hardly recall the scenes following,

xxxx out of nowhere, sobbing.

I might attribute the feelings in that my mother is very cold & doesn't hug & hates any imitimate contact.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•

Height! 5'4.5"/164cm 

cw:118 114 113 112. 111.2/50.43kg
gw: 107/48.53 18 bmi

lw: 87(2018)

6/08/21 19-3 bmi

giphy.gif

#32 NarwhalPuppy

NarwhalPuppy

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts
  • LocationCouch

Posted 18 July 2017 - 11:03 PM

I felt awkward but I know she was also starving and desperately wanted to feel love and care from her mother

#33 Guest_yoonbums_*

Guest_yoonbums_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2017 - 11:29 PM

It was so cringy and made me uncomfortable. I was just there like um is this really happening lol

#34 hdnXO

hdnXO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 02:15 AM

I didn't cry and at first i also thought it was cringy but only for like a split second. I'm a mother myself and i know how important it is to really bond with your baby during the first couple hours/days and there's actually so much research about how important it is and how it can contribute to things down the line in terms of emotional stability and stuff in both mother and child. Obviously not as the sole cause but one of many factors definitely.

So while i didn't cry the scene still hit home because i constantly fear that i'm setting my daughter up for all kinds of problems by having disordered eating myself and also not being able to breastfeed her

»it's a bitch to the body..but damn do you fly

#35 Nergal

Nergal

Advanced Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1926 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 08:10 AM

I cried like a bitch. Idk why
  • ShandiLambrini likes this

#36 _mexa

_mexa

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 12:09 PM

Yeah I thought it was so weird but I get the longing to be held by a parent or parent figure and treated like a child.

#37 EmilyCharlton

EmilyCharlton

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 12:31 PM

I get that it's a metaphor, but I'd rather die than have my mother feed me like a baby. I am not even joking.

• solelyfree likes this

See, I'm on this new diet, well, I don't eat anything. And right before I feel I'm going to faint, I eat a cube of cheese.

#38 fatallyfantastic

fatallyfantastic

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 04:08 PM

When Eli was crying while being fed it tug at my heart

4'11" okay 4'10.75"
HW 105 lbs, bmi 21.21

CW idk upper 80's

GW 82 lbs bmi 16.56 or 85 lbs bmi 17.17

LW 76.9 lbs, bmi 15.53

"All sixteen mentioned her jutting ribs, the insubstantiality of her thighs, and one, who went up to the roof with Lux during a warm winter rain, told us how the basins of her collarbones collected water." - The Virgin Suicides

tumblr_n8bx74lrJP1qid1omo3_500.gif

#39 fatandinsecure

fatandinsecure

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1031 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 19 July 2017 - 11:05 PM

I cried.
My mother never neglected me though and gave me attention so my reason isn't because I am desperate for my mothers love, but more like I don't know what I would do without my mom. I have had serious seperation anxiety growing up. I am currently 26. My eating disorder started when I was 12. Still super dependent on my mom. I feel emotionally like a child. So that scene for me portrayed my dependent emotional attachment that I have with my mom and how I am too scared to lose her and how I fee i am emotionally still a child. I think I hide behind my eating disorder a lot because I am embarrassed that at the age I am and I still can't seem to become independent.
Everyon has different reasons for why we hold onto our eating disorders or how it took over us and for me I know it has a lot to do with the fear of becoming an "adult" mentally and emotionally. And I always worry about how others view/think of me to the point I always panic and want to hide in the corner and cry.

#40 PixelCat

PixelCat

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9434 posts
  • LocationHiding from Dr Now because de coronavirus did not make me eat dat.

Posted 20 July 2017 - 01:46 AM

As a mother who had post-partum depression that scene struck a chord with me. And as an adult dealing with an abusive mother, it was another reminder that you don't just stop being a mum when your kid reaches 18, like mine seems to think so. Sometimes, your adult children will need you, and as far as I'm concerned I will always be their mum. And never stop loving them.
  • Obscuriana likes this
Am I PixelWhore or WhoreCat?

89-D1-B993-7-BD3-4-B01-88-BD-6-A686-EE3-

giphy.gif

My boring stats below. Probably haven’t been updated since the Jurassic period.
Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users