How to Introduce Yourself - Community Introductions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

How to Introduce Yourself

• Please log in to reply
18733 replies to this topic

#1 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1008 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:24 AM

POPULAR

We're so glad you joined our community! We decided to create a separate forum for new members to introduce themselves...and it's a great way to get started with using the features of this site. Please create a new topic ("Post New Topic") for your own introduction versus adding on to someone else's introduction. The community benefits by reading about your story and your goals as many of us will be in a similar situation to you. We look forward to hearing from you!

• mmfly4, EvanescentBeauty, TheGirlWhoReads and 534 others like this

PSA: If you have an issue with any warning received from a moderator, messaging the Admin to fight or argue against the warning is not an ideal way to resolve any issue. The moderator team is not new here and have been delegated the responsibility of warnings and moderation of MPA. If you wish to discuss your warning, please message the moderator who sent you the warning or the entire moderating team to open a dialog. 

-Admin

#2 AlgerianProAnna

AlgerianProAnna

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:43 AM

POPULAR

Hey i'm camy ! I joined this web site 'cause I'm fed up with my life and myself! i've tried about everything these past few years and nothing seem to work! I need support and motivation to achieve my goal ! ...I weight 68kg currently and I'm 1.74cm ! I wanna be 55kg by summer ...not more .not les ... but mostly a want keep it that way ... I've lost weight before but only to gain it all back ..even more ! so this time i want it to be different ... It has to be ! too many events are waiting for me by summer and i need... no I have to look GOOD ;) ... plz I need your help and I'm here to help too ;)

• Izzyhastobeskinny, Nothappyfattummy, EvanescentBeauty and 228 others like this

#3 Freya1745

Freya1745

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:51 AM

POPULAR

Hello, welcome we will all support you here:)x
  • anna, MrsR, Tonyalyn and 90 others like this
5’5
CW: 160lbs
GW1: 155lbs
GW2: 145lbs
GW3: 130lbs
GW4: 120lbs

#4 Freya1745

Freya1745

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:51 AM

Hello, welcome we will all support you here:)x
  • Amanda_Rimonti18, zodiac bitch, novona31 and 25 others like this
5’5

#5 Megan

Megan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:42 PM

POPULAR

Hello I'm meg and I'm from England, I'm sick of my weight and shape, I honestly just need guidance because I'm too nervous/worried about what to even say here.. So please your help would be so much appreciated
  • Becca x, SelfDestruction, Zatanna and 105 others like this

#6 anna

anna

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:29 AM

POPULAR

hello. im Anna im new to pro ana. im looking for help with people who are going through the same thing as me, people around me dont understand my situation and dont believe that what i do is right or healthy for me. my whole life ive always felt like the fat kid. i currently weigh 53 kilos but im looking to get to 45 kilos im 17 years old and its going to be really hard for me to hide this from my mum, i havent eaten for the past 3 days and my mum is already starting to get worried.. everyones advice and suggestions would really help xoxo
  • missVanity, Mrs. Nobody, TeaLover<3 and 68 others like this

#7 Freya1745

Freya1745

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:25 PM

Hello my kik is freya1845 (i think) and if your from uk message me for my number:)x
  • b3-0riginal, Rachaael456, xxrukyxx and 13 others like this
5’5

#8 Kayla

Kayla

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:33 AM

POPULAR

I'm Kayla and im also new to pro ana.

I've been wanting to lose weigh forever, and i finally gonna make it happen!

Im looking for friends to share support and tips with, someone who understands me

and want the same thing.

My current weight is 51-53 kilos (115 lbs) but my goal weight is 42 kilos (95 lbs).

Its getting really hard to hide this from my parents so if any of you guys have any tips just kik me at: kayla9937

thanks

• Emptiness., lacymaexo, Talywa17 and 51 others like this

Highest Weight: 116lbs (53kg)
Current Weight: 115lbs (52kg)
Goal Weight 1: 105lbs (47kg)
Goal Weight 2: 95lbs (43kg)
Goal Weight 3: 90lbs (41kg)
Ultimate Goal Weight: 85lbs(38kg)

Before Summer!

#9 Jessica

Jessica

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:50 PM

hi, im Jessica ,frm China.new year ,new registation, new goal.

im a typical large-boned girl, it seems difficult for me to lose weight.

because just like other girls,i like sweet ardently,and eat a lot every day.

now im 60kg ,168cm.

i want to lose 10kg before 10th Feb.

it may be a  rocky journey,and i need your help!

• giveme_thin, skinnygurl, skinnydino and 45 others like this

#10 AHsxtxaxrxvxe

AHsxtxaxrxvxe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:24 PM

Hello everyone! I'm Alli from the US. I am so happy that I found this website to help me loose weight. I want to get back to my lowest weight in between 95 and 100 pounds before the summer. Right now I am about 118. I'm looking forward to meetin you guys (: p.s. my tumblr URL is anaentity95 if you want to follow me<3

• xoxociaralag, Rosaelizabetharguetadiaz, Rileyru and 44 others like this

#11 thinforever

thinforever

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:59 AM

Hey, im sandra from germany and i also want to lose some weight. My weight is now 54kg but i want to weight 43kg in march, 162 cm. I need much help to do this and thought this site would be good :)
  • missVanity, Sizematters ).( <3, busy bee and 17 others like this

#12 Aloneone129

Aloneone129

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:59 AM

POPULAR

Hi Everyone:  I'm from NY and I've gained a LOT of weight.  I have experienced many, many set-backs within the last few years.  Unfortunately, I am (and have been for awhile) unemployed and I rarely go anywhere as I do not have the money.  I suffer from depression and I use food as a soothing device, but after I eat and eat and eat, I hate myself.

I don't look into the mirror, because I don't like what I see.  I need to loose 50 pounds.  I don't want to put my height and weight as I am embarrassed.  When I look in the mirror, I see a "fat pig".

I am ready to do what it takes to get my life back on track.  If I start feeling comfortable in my body, that will be one bad thing out of the way.  At this point, I hate the way I look and sometimes I avoid social situations as I am afraid that I will see people that I know and all they will see is "all the weight I have gained".  I need to loose this weight.  I am hoping this site will help me.

I hate my body.  I want my old body back.  I want to feel comfortable in clothing.  I want to look good.  When your fat, nothing looks good--at least not on me.  I have a closet full of clothing and I want to be able to get back into my clothing and join the human race again..

I have been fat for two years and it's time to change back.

I hope I can find what I need here to get me on the right track.

Wish me luck.

• EvanescentBeauty, Stephanie130, phoenix metamorfosis and 103 others like this

#13 Perfectyet?

Perfectyet?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Locationcalifornia

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:59 AM

Hi I'm Brooklyn from the US. I am new to pro Ana and I really am tired of being so insecure of my body so I thought this could help or something. I'm currently at 122 pounds but I want to get down to 105. Hopefully this will help
  • lacymaexo, mag, flyforever and 20 others like this

#14 HerMajesty

HerMajesty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:53 AM

Hi! Im just trying again, i know the perfección in my body, but i,ve lost. I hope come back, i ve started again.
  • elicagnzz, Thinme27, wannabe5tick5 and 1 other like this

#15 InAComa

InAComa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:45 AM

Hi I'm Nick! I was initially 80kgs but managed to drop down to 48kgs which was my lowest. However, last year took its toll and i manged to gain 10kgs back.. Too scared to step on the scale after Christms and New Year... I thought maybe i'd start this year of on a good note, but nope... that didn't work out either!(There's junk food everywhere!!) I've always been the fat kid growing up. I was teased a lot... i WILL NOT let myself get back to that weight..... My skin is looks like a mine field because of my poor diet. I'm so determined to get back on the wagon again though.

• SM_2, annieandelissa, slowcountry and 19 others like this

HW-80KG

LW-48KG

CW- 63kg

1STGW-55kG

2ndGW-50Kg

63 62 61 60 59 58 57 56 55 54 53 52 51 50 .. :D 

#16 f***me_skinny

f***me_skinny

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Locationi hang around in US shepherdstown WV. but live in martinsburg WV.

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:11 AM

Hey I'm from US and I'm here looking for an anabuddy and if your in my city some one to run track and go to the gym with. I'm also I'm here because I have no one else to share this with none of my friends or family know about my struggle and weight loss. I'm 15(in March) and Im 5ft 2. I was 120 and later I didn't weigh myself cause I began pushing 130lbs.but tht was before now I'm moving forward and My current weight is 95-96lbs ( giveor take a little) my goal weight was 100lbs but quickly changed to 90lbs as soon as I reached it. This all started When I realized I wasn't the skinny cousin any more and in a bathingsuit my boobs nolonger were the main focus, well they were if u cld get past my damn gut. My family all noticed too so I sucked in a lot to avoid buying a onepeice swimsuit. And no one really noticed my weight loss cause I could hide it well in the fall and winter but spring is comming and then summer and I want people to see how good I'll look then but don't want suspicion, and my mom lately gained 10lbs and is nuts and attacking me and she's noticing my food intake isn't quite right. So I guess I'm also on here seeking advice for when I'm in a situation.
  • beautyfrompain, annieandelissa, Anna_B87 and 34 others like this

My start weight- (around 130lbs)
My current weight- 95lbs
My 1st goal weight-90lbs
My 2nd goal weight- 85-

My 3rd goal weight- 80lbs.
My height is-5ft 2in. UGW?

Oh, how i would love to live forever

#17 Freya1745

Freya1745

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:23 AM

Welcome to the site, we will all support you as we are in the same situation as you, you can message me if you want any help:)x
  • beautyfrompain, pralinekiss, FullofFlaws and 11 others like this
5’5

#18 Guest_Mermer_*

Guest_Mermer_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:12 PM

Hi, I'm marandon from the us, I joined because I feel all alone with my "eating issues" and I would just like to talk to other people who understand me
  • thin_chkn likes this

#19 Parley85

Parley85

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationIL

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:50 PM

Kik parley85
  • karz2014, StressRestrictor, OhSkinnyCrissa and 3 others like this

#20 Bree

Bree

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:17 AM

I'm bree. I joined because, well I want to lose some weight. My whole life ive always just been an average weight i guess, but im sertainly not skinny! Christmas just passed and now I think I've gained a lot of weight from eating crap food. I'm 15 years old, and around 105lbs my goal is to make it to only double digits! I'm excited to meet other people for the first time that want to be skinny like me!:)
  • Newbody, comingsoon, daisychains4 and 39 others like this

Recent blog entries on this topic

Photo

Slightly Different Introduction

By themellowd in Melody's Blog, on 02 July 2014 - 10:53 PM

Source: How to Introduce Yourself

Read Full Entry →
Photo

hey im carla feel free to Introduce Yourself

By EllamiaanaDancer in EllaMiaAnaDancer's Blog, on 18 June 2014 - 03:24 PM

Source: How to Introduce Yourself

Read Full Entry →
Photo

chat!

By slim in slim's Blog, on 27 May 2014 - 08:36 PM

im slim and i have a question why cant i got to chat!

Read Full Entry →

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users