How to Introduce Yourself - Page 216 - Community Introductions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

How to Introduce Yourself

• Please log in to reply
19791 replies to this topic

#4301 FlutterByBaby

FlutterByBaby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 08:43 PM

I joined because I need to lose weight. I was 124 lbs till my fiance and I got pregnant. Now I'm really fat again and need motivation to lose weight again.
~ForeverThin~
Current weight:160
GW: 115
UGW: 100

#4302 rcasey

rcasey

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 09:23 PM

I'm Casey. I have gained 12 pounds in six months and need to lose the weight. I am 5'8 and weigh 151lbs. I want to get back down to 139 asap and then down to 135 and hold steady. I started working from home a lot and that is when the weight started stacking on. Lack if movement and food. I feel gross. Can't get into my Size 4s anymore and my 6a are tight. Totally disgusted with myself that I let it get this far!

#4303 Skippy

Skippy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 09:42 PM

Hi I am Amber I am looking to lose weight and a place for support. I am tired of feeling gross in my own body. Also my boyfriend pocking my fat. I know he thinks it is funny but it definitely bothers me.

#4304 sparkle15

sparkle15

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 11 June 2014 - 10:30 PM

Hi i'm Ashley
5'5" 125 pounds
Goal 115!
Starting tomorrow:)

#4305 sixx am

sixx am

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 11:30 PM

Hi all! I like everyone have tried EVERYTHING! I'm so tired of being this way... FAT... and I guess here looking for like minded people. Ugh... HELP!

#4306 lscott2876

lscott2876

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 11:38 PM

Hello I decided to join so I can talk and be around people that hopefully will understand me or something. For years I have been fighting a battle with food and it's very embarrassing and it's hard for me to talk to anyone about my struggles cause they don't understand and I can tell I am annoying to them. so I just suffer in silence. My weight is a viscous battle that I can't win and I hate it. I never seem to be happy with myself I will be thin for awhile and even then I think I am fat and hate my body it's only when I put weight on and fall into a deeper depression and battle that I wish I was back at that size again yet when I was I wasn't happy. I really don't think I will ever win this battle but I am hoping maybe this site will help me. Well that's all I know to say right now this is my first time ever joining any site so plz feel free to help, write, or give me the lingo on how things go. :-) sure hope everyone is doing good and happy

#4307 Guest_ImTurtle_*

Guest_ImTurtle_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 June 2014 - 03:15 AM

Hi! I'm Davie, (Hi other males if their's any...) I have made several accounts on here, but my memory is such a trickery thing I keep forgetting them. I hope this simple name, will remain. I joined this site mainly to have a sense of belonging in this struggle, whether people believe it or not. I am still not in my "Ideal shape," and honestly I don't think I ever will be. But all is all. Overall I have lost a staggering amount of weight, and I want to lose more. I came for the tips, and possibly a way to escape this ceaseless void of loneliness... Anyways ! 

#4308 sunnyfuture

sunnyfuture

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 05:26 AM

Hello :) my name is Sarah .. I'm a former pro ana who's gained 66 pounds since having my daughter I really can't stand feeling so miserable anymore it stops today!!! My CW is 168 pounds and my HT is 5'5 I know m disgustingly fat .. I would like meet other girls like me .. I also have ALOT of stretch marks on my stomach and I'm terrified of what will happen to them if lose weight so if anyone knows please share

#4309 sunnyfuture

sunnyfuture

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 05:33 AM

Hi I am Amber I am looking to lose weight and a place for support. I am tired of feeling gross in my own body. Also my boyfriend pocking my fat. I know he thinks it is funny but it definitely bothers me.

#4310 sunnyfuture

sunnyfuture

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 05:39 AM

Hey amber I don't know how to use this yet but anyway my boyfriend does the same thing and I know he's doing it to put me down and I'm pretty sure he's trying to keep me fat he always sabotages my diets I know if be skinny if was single lol

#4311 desperately_delusional

desperately_delusional

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 08:14 AM

Hi, my name is Helena. I found this website through a blog on tumblr, but I joined because I want to lose all of the fat I feel makes me look disgusting. I hit my highest weight of 145 in February, and it was a shock. I was eating up to eight meals (not snacks) a day and I was so sick of it. I started my weight loss in March. Since then, I have lost over twenty pounds and currently reside at 123. I'm 5 foot 4. I am so desperate. I want to feel comfortable in my own skin, and the only way to do that is to lose weight.
Height: 5'4
HW: 145
CW: 122
GW1: 120
GW2: 115
UGW: 100

#4312 Guest_Skinny cat_*

Guest_Skinny cat_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 June 2014 - 08:46 AM

Hi I'm cat , I'm really sad and want to get back down to a 00
I've had a really hard past two years I'm 22 years old I'm divorced and lmy ex husband started cheating on me when I got to size 2 and said his excuse was I was a fat version of myself, I've been divorced for over a year now an I've been pretty happy i have a new boyfriend and things were really good untill last week he made a new friend and they did cocaine and all in one day he tried forcing me to hookup with a stripper than I caught him looking for girls on craigslist to come over than I came back and he was looking for hookers on a website called backpages he say it was the drugs but ion smart enough to know people's real feelings show when there highI he's been saying sorry everyday but overall I feel really bad about myself and I just want to atleast fit into the clothes in my closet

The hardest part is these past two years I've been living on the east coast (I'm from Los Angeles,ca)because my ex husband was in navy and had me move here after i was abandoned I had to stay here because he stole all of my savings and I've had to start savingI can go back home, I already got plane tickets for me and new bf I met here and were both suppose to leave to Los Angeles in 2 months, I'm completely alone all I have is my boyfriend who I'd questionable if anyone can help me be Ana I could really use the support

#4313 leg0las

leg0las

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 09:36 AM

hi!

I'm 5'7 & 130lb

Hoping to get to 105lb :)

also starting tomorrow 

#4314 Guest_KJW_*

Guest_KJW_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 June 2014 - 10:18 AM

Hi There,

I joined this site because I stumbled upon it while looking for motivation/thinspiration during a water fast. After reading through various posts and forums I realized that these people are going through the same torment over weight and food that I am! I was excited to find folks who understood instead of saying, "You don't have to watch what you eat..you're skinny enough (which I'm not). Or telling me I do not eat enough (which I do). I'm very excited about this! I think it will help not feel so isolated... being able to talk to people who don't criticise or get all preachy!

Kj.

HT       5'6"

CW     137

GW1   130

GW2   120

UGW  110

#4315 SkinnyTallBallerina

SkinnyTallBallerina

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 11:36 AM

Hi! I'm Justine. I joined because I want to lose weight and nothing seemed to work out for me. I've always been "slim" but I want to be skinny, and I hope this will help me. I currently weigh 55.0 kg and I'm 168cm tall, but I want to be 45 kg :) or 47 I don't know, I'll see what suits me ;) 

I'm 15 years old and I'm so glad my best friend introduced me to this site! I've been reading the forum for the past couple weeks and I'm loving and relating to everything! I really feel like this is where I 'belong' haha :) 

tumblr_mfpo06Aj7v1rgpyeqo1_250.gif

Because I'm all about the bones

HW: 59 kg 

LW: 49 kg  

CW: 56.0 kg :ph34r:   

GW1: 56.0 kg

GW2: 55.0 kg

GW3: 53.0 kg

GW4: 50.0 kg 

GW5: 48.0 kg

GW6: 46.0 kg

UGW: 45.0 kg  :wub: 

Height: 1.69 m

GOALS 

1st November: 56.0 kg

1st December: 53.0 kg

1st January: 50.0 kg

1st February: 49.0 kg

1st March: 48.0 kg

1st April: 46.0 kg

27st April (my birthday  :wub: ): 45.0 kg

My Christmas Accountability Thread

#4316 VeganMistress

VeganMistress

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 02:49 PM

Hello. I'm also new here.

My story is strange. Even when I was really young I always noticed that I weighed a little bit more than other kids and this really bothered me. How an 8 year old can be bothered by weight is perplexing, but I can only remember hating myself for a good majority of my childhood and the self loathing is still there.

I've always been possessed by the idea of perfection. Perhaps it's because my father always made me feel like I was inadequate. He was abusive, and even now my relationship with him is strained, though he hasn't hit me since my sophomore year of high school.

I'm 19 years old and a sophomore in college. Since I can remember I've always hated my body. I am 5'0" and I weigh 132 pounds which is just too fat for my body type. I went vegan about a year ago for ethical reasons but I had to stop because I switched room mates freshman year and my new room mate didn't have a fridge. I use the refrigerator to store fruit and perishables like vegan cheese that the cafeteria doesn't have. So needless to stay I had to stop being vegan. I gained the 11 pounds I lost right back and since then I've felt horrible about myself. My boyfriend and my family tells me I'm beautiful the way I am but I can't accept it because I feel mediocre and I refuse to accept mediocrity as a way of life.

I am vegan again and hoping to lose 32 lbs, making my UGW 100. I've been working out daily and eating 2 meals a day. One solid meal and one protein shake.

I don't think I have a problem but I'm worried about myself. Given my history and my feelings about my body. Sometimes I have visions of just cutting all my fat off. And when I look in the mirror it makes me sick. I hate being fat. And the scale haunts me.

I want to love myself. And I feel like getting to 100 pounds (which is proper for my body type) will make me feel better. But I just don't know.

#4317 JennMaye

JennMaye

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationUpstate New York USA

Posted 12 June 2014 - 10:21 PM

Hi, I'm Jenn. I'm 24. Ive suffered from eating disorders since 18. I have two extremes either I eat hardly anything or everything in sight. I guess I'm on here to find others like me. People who understands the struggle. 4 years back I lost 117 pounds in about half a year from being anorexic and slightly bulimic. I kept it off until two years ago then I gained it all back and best myself up over it everyday. I have body dysmorphia. I can't look in a full body mirror because I hate it.. even when I was smaller I still saw an a almost 300 pound ball of fat and flesh. I've been hooked on diet pills before, those and multivitamins kept me going. I can't stand how I've let myself go, it's only been Brevard of my grandmother passing. When that happened food became my best friend, and in the end it's become my enemy, the proverbial wolf in sheep's clothing. I'm trying to be better this time, but like I've stated.. I just need someone who understands what it's like. Please don't message me and say fat girls can't have eating disorders, because I've proven even to myself that's not true. I guess I'm just looking for others who have shared my struggle. :/

#4318 jazzmyne

jazzmyne

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 12:42 AM

Hi.. just joined this group today... I'm sick of the way I look... want to be more of what I used to be before I had my baby girl and got depressed with the way things turned out with her dad.   I've had issues with weight all my life.  I've gone from size 2 to a size 10 in two years... down to a size 4 then to a size 12... I've been a cutter and been on various "experimental" depressants for years... before I finally stopped taking them and need help from others now to get my mind over "comfort foods" and get to where I should be.  I don't feel comfortable in my own skin right now and would really like support with helping me to feel right again... not feel like im covered in some skin that isn't mine.

#4319 Secobarbital

Secobarbital

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • LocationGERMANY

Posted 13 June 2014 - 06:14 AM

Hi,

ED: Bulimia, Anorexia + C&S  for 10 years

Height: 5'8 / 173cm

HW: 203lbs / 92kg

CW: 121lbs / 54,9kg

LW: 109lbs / 49,9 kg

GW: 101lbs / 46kg

Imperial/ Metric

HGT: 5'8 (1.73 m) | SW: 202lbs (92 kg) | LW: 100.3 lbs (45,5kg) -  BMI 15.2

GWS (kg):  55| 54| 53| 52| 51| 50| 49 | 48 | 47 | 46 | 45 | 44 | 43 | 42

UGW:  92,6 lbs (42,0 kg)

cb39qzf.jpg

#4320 Guest_yollyfluffykitty_*

Guest_yollyfluffykitty_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 June 2014 - 07:41 AM

Hi i'm yolly, im 18 and from scotland (uk). i have had various eating disorders over the last 5-6 years and i I joined because I want to find other people like me.I feel that it is too late to change my horrible eating habits because I am so used to it being that way but at least with this site i might be able to learn to cope better.Anyway i am 5ft 7 and my goal weight is 85lbs
This is not my lowest weight but I dont really want to be admitted to hospital again...i dont like hospiatals.I just want to get slim again for summer.

Recent blog entries on this topic

Photo

Slightly Different Introduction

By themellowd in Melody's Blog, on 02 July 2014 - 10:53 PM

Source: How to Introduce Yourself

Read Full Entry →
Photo

hey im carla feel free to Introduce Yourself

By EllamiaanaDancer in EllaMiaAnaDancer's Blog, on 18 June 2014 - 03:24 PM

Source: How to Introduce Yourself

Read Full Entry →
Photo

chat!

By slim in slim's Blog, on 27 May 2014 - 08:36 PM

im slim and i have a question why cant i got to chat!

Read Full Entry →

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users