How to Introduce Yourself - Page 218 - Community Introductions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

How to Introduce Yourself

• Please log in to reply
19724 replies to this topic

#4341 theturquoisepumps

theturquoisepumps

Advanced Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2292 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 14 June 2014 - 06:13 PM

Hello there!

My name's Alex

I'm not *heavy* however I have to be losing weight...like thirty pounds due to my job. I'm an actress, and I need to lose some weight. I suck at dieting, so starving just seems easy. I need to be more stricter with myself. I need a good support group to work things out with. Everyone else thinks I'm insane for losing that much. But it's necessary. 

CW: 130lbs

GW: 100lbs

ADD me if you want to! I'm super new to this society thingie. Haha

Anyways, adios!

~Alex

theauburndress.tumblr.com

We're All Mad Here - Cheshire Cat

If I Obeyed All The Rules, I Wouldn't Have Gotten Anywhere - Marilyn Monroe

130 129 128 127 126 125 124 

123 122 121 120 119 118 117

116 115 114 113 112 111 110

109 108 107 106 105 104 103

102 101 100 99 98 97 96 95 

tumblr_mzf59pVwzD1r09c0uo1_400.gif

tumblr_mjbaorF3SB1rv7cdvo1_500.gif

Spoiler

#4342 motionStarted

motionStarted

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 06:39 PM

Hi, I'm Kris. I'm in the US and came here for some community who knows the "crazy." Oddly enough, I'm logging on to this site and yet I'm going into residential treatment in a couple weeks. My goal in the meantime is just to have people to talk with. I'm going into treatment early July cos I need to, not want to yet. And I haven't been able to hang out with my local friends or do normal stuff because I have a neuromuscular disease affecting my eyes (which I was affirmed can't be resolved until I'm significantly better).

You know, some days I can honestly say to myself, I'd rather have to wear an eye patch all the time and still lose another ten lbs, while other days I recognize how flat-out miserable as my vision deteriorates. I'm not going to post goal weights, even though I have one set to reach before my entry date to treatment. I wish I could say getting to that weight will make me happy. But, reality is, I'm caught between a rock and a hard place with the neuromuscular disease and ultimately have to get recovered (I'm more scared of failing at this last-ditch bid than ever starting and just suffering on. Anyone ever felt that way?

#4343 littlesouthernbelle

littlesouthernbelle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationBelow the Mason-Dixon Line (USA)

Posted 14 June 2014 - 07:09 PM

Hi y'all! I'm obviously really new to this so I'm not even sure what to put but basically I just need someone to hold me accountable. I can't ask my parents or my friends really because they all think the way I diet isn't "correct," "proper," etc. So I really just need someone to be there for me as well as hold me accountable. 

All I really want is for once to put on a bikini & not feel like a huge whale which I haven't been able to do...really ever. I truly dread summer because I've had melanoma (skin cancer) before so now I can't tan & since I can't tan I'm even more self-conscious about my appearance because everyone already stares at me because I'm so pale. So that's my goal. I'm currently 128 lbs & I want to be 105 lbs, preferably by tomorrow but I know that's realistic. 

I'm not sure if you can add someone or message them or what. I just joined literally 8 minutes ago.

Thanks everyone!!

Brooke 

Ne laissez pas aujourd'hui la faiblesse demain ruine le rêve.

(Don't let today's weaknesses ruin tomorrow's dreams.)

Eat less. Weigh less. Fail less. Feel less.

SW: 125 lb  GW: 105 lb UGW: 97 lb

128 127 126 125 124 123 122 121 120 119 118 117 116 115 114 113 112 111 110 109 108 107 106 105

*104 103 102 101 100 99 98 97

#4344 person_person

person_person

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 14 June 2014 - 11:40 PM

Hi, I'm serena. I've looked to this website for advice in the past, and thought I'd actually make an account. I have been dealing with self hatred for years and anorexia development before I was even aware of what I was doing. I relapsed a couple months ago and now I'm here. I am glad there might be people here who might have a clue what I'm going through, and won't try to "fix" me. I don't really have a goal weight. I just want to look perfect.

tumblr_mkt4owoq6M1ruj4cuo1_500.jpg

#4345 Mia93

Mia93

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 07:03 AM

Hey Im Mia,

Have had/changed between anorexia for the past 11ish years with bulimia here and there. joined this site so i feel less alone.

height=167

cw= a gross 48kg

#4346 redheaven

redheaven

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 07:05 AM

hey everyone, I'm ally. I joined because I am in need of a lot of motivation, I am determined to reach my goal but frustratingly my body always gets the better of me and I get out of control. I currently weigh 64kg and am about 5'6, my goal weight is at least 55kg. The lowest I've gotten is 57, but as I said before my body gets the better of me and I put all the weight back on, plus more. So I'd love to get to know some of you, and hopefully find some supportive people to help me :))

#4347 Guest_skyedoll_*

Guest_skyedoll_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 June 2014 - 10:49 AM

Hey everyone im skye,

A thirteen year old girl that is 5'6 117.5 pounds and a strong goal to become a model. Ive heard MANY bad things about websites like this,and Im going to let you all know straight up that if you are on here to starve yourself and have an eating disorder, you are sick and selfish as many people in this world are starving from no food while we have plenty. But I do like many attributes to this site, the GW and discussions on binges (as I have problems with that) I see no problem with thinspo and thinspiration, if your fat you need to lose weight plain and simple. I want to keep my boobs and my ass but I really would like a thigh gap and slim stomach. Anyway im not here to preach just to let yall know. hopefully you gal's can let me in with open arm's.

Peace and love, skye <3  :P   :D   :D

#4348 Ghostly93

Ghostly93

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationEPT

Posted 15 June 2014 - 05:46 PM

Hi. I'm from el paso Texas. I'm 20yrs old. I've had this weight problem all my life I've tried so many different things and nothing ever happens. I need guidance, tell me what to do what not to do. I need to get rid of this fat. This is a real problem for me, HELP!

CW-145
GW-105
  • Sounpretty likes this
<~You~can~and~will~be~beautiful~>

#4349 Don´t mess my ana

Don´t mess my ana

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts
  • LocationEurope-portugal

Posted 15 June 2014 - 06:00 PM

Hi. I'm from el paso Texas. I'm 20yrs old. I've had this weight problem all my life I've tried so many different things and nothing ever happens. I need guidance, tell me what to do what not to do. I need to get rid of this fat. This is a real problem for me, HELP!

CW-145
GW-105

feel welcome and i wish you the best

• Ghostly93 likes this

Save the change .

#4350 PhatPharmD

PhatPharmD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 09:34 PM

Hi! My name is Jess and I am in my 4th year of pharmacy school. I have struggled on and off with ana for the last 17 years. I have recently relapsed and am trying to lose the 40 pounds I gained while in pharmacy school. It has been a nightmare but school kept me so busy there was no time to think about being skinny or fat. Now that things r slowing down, I starting to obsess again. I am just looking for some friendship and support, as well as being a supportive friend to those like me.

CW: 160
GW: 112

Have a great night y'all!

#4351 Fitlilrunner

Fitlilrunner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 10:11 PM

Hey I'm Meredith. You can call me Mer. I joined for the support. Trying to drop a few pounds but I also want to be safe and responsible. It seems like I might be a little old for an ed (I'm 24 and married) but I guess it never really leaves you. I've struggled with it for 8 years. Cheers lovelies!

#4352 Guest_What Friends R 4_*

Guest_What Friends R 4_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 June 2014 - 10:17 PM

Hi, I am kind of new to this but I am mostly looking for support to help me lose more weight.

#4353 Guest_What Friends R 4_*

Guest_What Friends R 4_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 June 2014 - 10:28 PM

Hey everyone im skye,
A thirteen year old girl that is 5'6 117.5 pounds and a strong goal to become a model. Ive heard MANY bad things about websites like this,and Im going to let you all know straight up that if you are on here to starve yourself and have an eating disorder, you are sick and selfish as many people in this world are starving from no food while we have plenty. But I do like many attributes to this site, the GW and discussions on binges (as I have problems with that) I see no problem with thinspo and thinspiration, if your fat you need to lose weight plain and simple. I want to keep my boobs and my ass but I really would like a thigh gap and slim stomach. Anyway im not here to preach just to let yall know. hopefully you gal's can let me in with open arm's.

Peace and love, skye <3  :P   :D   :D

I agree with you, I don't want to be stick thin. However, I would LOVE to have a thigh gap and maybe a flatter stomach. I'm mostly looking for workout tips and support to help me reach my goals. I hate that some countries in the world are extremely obese while others can't get enough to eat what so ever.

#4354 Dyingtobeperfect03

Dyingtobeperfect03

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 10:46 PM

Hi, I'm new, I'm 5"8 and 146 pounds and so tired of being uncomfortable in my own skin. I would like to be at 115. I joined the site because I need a support group that doesn't judge and who understands. Looking forward to getting some motivation, tips and advice and motivating others as well.
Xx Emily
  • FatBastard23 and SKINiHATE8773 like this

#4355 FatBastard23

FatBastard23

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 10:46 PM

Well. I guess my username says it all. My name is Chelsea. Since I was a little girl, I've been labeled as "fat." I'd wake up every morning and go to school. School was my worst nightmare. Walking down the halls hearing people making fat jokes and others laughing... then joining in... made me feel so terrible about myself. But that wasn't the worst part of it... id also come home to it. I'd hear the hurtful words come out of my loved ones. I got depressed and ate more food. I've had other probs in my life as well.... most people hear my life story and they tell me that I've had a terrible life.... I'd agree... but point is.. I've put myself in a hole, and now I'm obese. I just want to lose this weight. My parents won't help me... all they get is fattening foods. And we eat at unhealthy times. I just dunno what to do...

#4356 Dyingtobeperfect03

Dyingtobeperfect03

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 10:52 PM

Well. I guess my username says it all. My name is Chelsea. Since I was a little girl, I've been labeled as "fat." I'd wake up every morning and go to school. School was my worst nightmare. Walking down the halls hearing people making fat jokes and others laughing... then joining in... made me feel so terrible about myself. But that wasn't the worst part of it... id also come home to it. I'd hear the hurtful words come out of my loved ones. I got depressed and ate more food. I've had other probs in my life as well.... most people hear my life story and they tell me that I've had a terrible life.... I'd agree... but point is.. I've put myself in a hole, and now I'm obese. I just want to lose this weight. My parents won't help me... all they get is fattening foods. And we eat at unhealthy times. I just dunno what to do...

#4357 Dyingtobeperfect03

Dyingtobeperfect03

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 10:57 PM

I feel your pain. I feel like my family has hindered my weight loss so much! They always try to force me to eat. And threaten to put a feeding tube in me even tho I'm no where near under weight. They constantly shove food at me until I just give in. And until now I've had no support system. But hopefully Myproana will change all that. So sorry you're trapped in a similar situation. No one deserves to be bullied at school or at home.

#4358 SKINiHATE8773

SKINiHATE8773

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 03:32 AM

Hello! Im Grace from Mississippi. I want to be thin. I want to follow Ana. I want to love my body. I am 16 years old and I weight 140 pounds. My goal weight is 105 pounds. Someone please help me.

#4359 kellsbells

kellsbells

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 16 June 2014 - 05:06 AM

Hi,

Im Belle. Im from the UK and I have gained 2.5 stone in the space of a year. I am finally going to take control of my body and my situation and return to the weight that I am and always have been comfortable with.

Current weight is 12st 9lbs.

Goal weight is 9st 6lbs.

I could use as much support as possible on this journey from you lovely people.

Much love

B

Attached File  confidence-girl-school-skinny-thinspiration-Favim.com-339656.jpg   38.07KB   1 downloads

CW - 12st 9lbs

GW1 - 12st 0lbs

GW2 - 11st 06

GW3 - 11st 0lbs

GW4 - 10st 6lbs

GW5 - 10st 0lbs

UGW - 9st 06lbs

Because today is another chance to get it right.

#4360 Sarah92

Sarah92

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 10:01 AM

Hi everyone,

My name is Sarah. I'm 22 years old, 168cm tall and weigh 63kgs. I've joined because I need my motivation back! My goal weight is 50kgs =)

Recent blog entries on this topic

Photo

Slightly Different Introduction

By themellowd in Melody's Blog, on 02 July 2014 - 10:53 PM

Source: How to Introduce Yourself

Read Full Entry →
Photo

hey im carla feel free to Introduce Yourself

By EllamiaanaDancer in EllaMiaAnaDancer's Blog, on 18 June 2014 - 03:24 PM

Source: How to Introduce Yourself

Read Full Entry →
Photo

chat!

By slim in slim's Blog, on 27 May 2014 - 08:36 PM

im slim and i have a question why cant i got to chat!

Read Full Entry →

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users