How to Introduce Yourself - Page 221 - Community Introductions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

How to Introduce Yourself

• Please log in to reply
19725 replies to this topic

#4401 runnergirl94

runnergirl94

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 10:51 PM

Hey I'm Nicole. I was anorexic for two years and kinda developed a binge thing during recovery. I always had purge tendencies while anorexic as I overexercised a crap ton. I'm 19 years old. Been trying to lose weight for the past two months, and it keeps going up. Currently 5'2 and 121 pounds, need to get down to 110. HELP

#4402 livingquietlybleeding

livingquietlybleeding

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1022 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada.

Posted 18 June 2014 - 11:03 PM

Hi I'm Dana, I would really love to make some new friends here, I love to talk to people, I try my best to stay positive especially towards other people.

(and I really love music)

EDNOS

Height: 5'7

SW:149

CW:130

GW:120

UGW:112

• NotWhatYouThink and HeartsOnFire like this

23 y / o     -    bmi 18.4 

anorexia nervosa, "recovered", and currently relapsed.

169cm

hw 82kg      lw 50kg

cw 53.4kg      gw 49kg

ugw 44kg

#4403 gem101

gem101

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 18 June 2014 - 11:33 PM

Hey, I'm Phoebe and I'm sixteen and I live in New Zealand.
Currently I'm 163 cm and 55Kg.
I don't have a goal weight in mind just yet but I want to get rid of all the fat in my problem areas. My thighs are honestly so horrible and a thigh gap would be a dream come true.
More than that, I want control over what I eat. I'm sick of binging when I get upset and sick of feeling like shit about myself.
  • Jaanuswish78 and emb1998 like this

#4404 obsessedtobeskinny

obsessedtobeskinny

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationTEXAS

Posted 19 June 2014 - 01:09 AM

Hi my name is Lucy, I'm from the U.S.
I'm new to this and decided some motivation from others would help me lose weight better. I'm current at 165 lbs, my goal weight is 130 for now, I'm willing to do anything and try anything to be skinny, I've been fat most of my life, from compulsive eating but I want to turn that around and eat less and do whatever to lose weight. Im obsessed with being skinny I just need some motivation and tips so if u have any suggestions please don't hesitate. I'm so glad to be part of this group ! Let the weight loss begin!

#4405 wantingtobeperfect159

wantingtobeperfect159

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 10:47 AM

hi, I joined to get motivation so I can lose weight :)

#4406 NotWhatYouThink

NotWhatYouThink

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 11:13 AM

My name is Shelley. I've been here for awhile. My diagnosis is EDNOS. I'm at a place where i want to be healthier, but I don't want recovery, per se. I don't give out unhealthy tips,but i do talk about behaviors in the uncensored chat. Im in my 40's and really want ladies my age to talk to. Anyone at any age is welcome to ask questions, though; glad to help.

I have four cats. Gave birth to kittens a couple months ago. Many of my posts give clues about who I am.So, read on.

My ED started about when I was about 13. Tried to get help at 16,18 and 20. Unsuccessful due to goverment health insurance restrictions. Maybe one day things will be easier.

#4407 Skinnyh_is_Beautiful

Skinnyh_is_Beautiful

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 02:21 PM

Hi everyone,
Well you can call me Scarlett
I really don't know how to introduce myself .... Im afraid someone I know might have join this community too.

What can I say about myself,If all I know is that I hate me and my damn reflection... In my childhood I was always the fat kid and that is a horrible feeling, it truly is.
I was bullied for my appearance nd my weight.
Im a really insecure person to be honest ...
It's amazing how my insecurities caused this damage to me.

Well I need support to loose weight and hopefully I can find it here.
CW-124lbs I know I'm fat but please don't judge..
GW-95lbs

#4408 wannabnaomi

wannabnaomi

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 04:20 PM

Hi everyone.

I'm 19 year old girl from New England. Since sophomore year, I've struggled with my weight (my darkest time was about 3-4 years ago, but I was also my lowest weight then). I've never had a lot of support, most of my friends get annoyed when I talk about my weight (they're thin, why do they care?), and I just joined so I can have some support!

Since I was at my lowest, I've gained almost 25lbs and it's to the point where I feel so uncomfortable and disgusted with myself. I'm trying to get back down to my lowest weight (and hopefully maybe even a bit lower).

#4409 TurnThePage

TurnThePage

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 04:34 PM

Hello im a 21 year old girl from Canada. Ive always struggled with my weight. 
When i was in grade nine i lost 40 pounds in three and a half months, which made me116 pounds.
over the last two years ive been slowly putting weight back on and i don't know how to find the motivation i had when i was younger so im here for support. Ive never been on a site like this before but right now im willing to try anything.  I currently weigh 127 pounds and my height is 5'1.   
I want to be 105 pounds. 

• NotWhatYouThink likes this

#4410 emb1998

emb1998

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 19 June 2014 - 06:53 PM

Hey! I'm Eavan (I'm a girl) I've been struggling with my weight and the way I look since a young age. Hopefully being a part of this community will give me a place to connect with others who know what I'm going through. I honestly don't know if i have an eating disorder or not but what i do know is that the what i do isn't right. 

#4411 alixo

alixo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 June 2014 - 07:32 PM

Hi!^^ I'm Ali, and I've been struggling with my weight since middle school; I'll be turning 17 this July! I hate the way I look, and I decided to do something to help me change it. Please encourage me, I'll really need it! >w<

Highest Weight: 188lbs  (85kg)
Current Weight: 179lbs (81kg)
Goal Weight 1: 150bs (68kg)
Goal Weight 2: 135lbs (61kg)
Goal Weight 3: 120lbs (54kg)
Ultimate Goal Weight: 110lbs(49kg)

#4412 Jaanuswish78

Jaanuswish78

Sage

• Members
  • 922 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 09:33 PM

Hi friends!
Please feel free to call me Cricket. ☺️ Jaanu works as well. My family is from India that I live in the states. I am 24 years old and blind. I'm practically 5'4" and M 14 pounds away from my goal weight. I'm looking for friends and support… It gets really lonely sometimes, you know? I love meeting new people and love to chat :-) i'm new to this site, so my apologies if this doesn't post correctly! I'm glad the website is accessible :-)

Hugs,
Jaanu
  • Damned&Divine likes this

ht: 5ft. 3.5in.

CW: 114.2lbs.

LW: 86lbs.

UGW: 78lbs.

I fear not death.

#4413 Jaanuswish78

Jaanuswish78

Sage

• Members
  • 922 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 09:39 PM

Hi my name is Lucy, I'm from the U.S.
I'm new to this and decided some motivation from others would help me lose weight better. I'm current at 165 lbs, my goal weight is 130 for now, I'm willing to do anything and try anything to be skinny, I've been fat most of my life, from compulsive eating but I want to turn that around and eat less and do whatever to lose weight. Im obsessed with being skinny I just need some motivation and tips so if u have any suggestions please don't hesitate. I'm so glad to be part of this group ! Let the weight loss begin!

ht: 5ft. 3.5in.

CW: 114.2lbs.

LW: 86lbs.

UGW: 78lbs.

I fear not death.

#4414 caffeine&air

caffeine&air

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 12:36 AM

Hello everyone! I'm so glad I finally found plenty of people I can relate with. :)

I'm 25 years old, from Texas, and am a single mother. I've been on and off Ana for almost 10 years but have dabbled with Mia a few times. (I'm terrible at it to be honest.. Any tips?) For a long time, I plateaud right at 120lbs but got down to 114 lbs before I started dating my boyfriend and gained weight.. Currently 129 and I need to be 108.

#4415 Guest_Kia-ki_*

Guest_Kia-ki_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 June 2014 - 03:55 AM

Hey my name is Kylah and I hope I am doing this right. I have joined this site before but my boyfriend hates my ED so he found my details and deleted me... I don't know my current weight but I am 169cm and I am 19. I also live in Australia so it's really hard to find ana buddies or people who understand. I don't have any friends ATM, because of sh$t that has happened. So yeah....accepting any and all friends :)

#4416 Dva11

Dva11

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 20 June 2014 - 09:53 AM

Hello All
My name is Infinity..I'm new to the site just hoping to get some help with weight loss
I need to lose about 20lbs..I really need a few tips with managing hunger pains..

Thanks
Infin💋

#4417 Guest_Emma Frost_*

Guest_Emma Frost_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 June 2014 - 10:52 AM

Je suis Lady Gaga.

#4418 Guest_tinynymph_*

Guest_tinynymph_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 June 2014 - 12:56 PM

Hi, I'm Kali from Canada. I don't really go on pro ana sites but when I try losing weight without help, it never pans out. Right now my weight is about 130 and i want to eventually get down to 105. I'm 15, and I'm glad I joined this site. ^_^

#4419 Guest_amyfrancesca_*

Guest_amyfrancesca_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 June 2014 - 01:00 PM

hi im Amy, just wondering if anyone has any tips for not eating the entire contents of my kitchen and having willpower? x

#4420 thewalkingwoundedd

thewalkingwoundedd

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 01:11 PM

I'm Erika. I'm 22 and from New York (not the city lol). I'm here for support. I suffer from a few mental illness diagnoses and have been struggling with my weight and how to control calories. I'm currently 113-115 pounds but would like to be 100 or less. Looking for support.

Recent blog entries on this topic

Photo

Slightly Different Introduction

By themellowd in Melody's Blog, on 02 July 2014 - 10:53 PM

Source: How to Introduce Yourself

Read Full Entry →
Photo

hey im carla feel free to Introduce Yourself

By EllamiaanaDancer in EllaMiaAnaDancer's Blog, on 18 June 2014 - 03:24 PM

Source: How to Introduce Yourself

Read Full Entry →
Photo

chat!

By slim in slim's Blog, on 27 May 2014 - 08:36 PM

im slim and i have a question why cant i got to chat!

Read Full Entry →

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users