How to Introduce Yourself - Page 969 - Community Introductions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

How to Introduce Yourself

• Please log in to reply
19419 replies to this topic

#19361 thottergate

thottergate

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 June 2021 - 02:08 PM

Hi, I’m Anna! I was a normal 10 year old who grew into a fat teenager struggling with binging/restricting as a result of my mom’s constant bodyshaming since I was little.

At the end of my freshman year of college (three years ago) I was diagnosed with ADHD, and the meds got rid of the binging part so I’m really in it now lol. That summer I dropped to a size 4 pretty much overnight and it felt so good to go back to school that way. People legitimately didn’t even recognize me. Turning down guys who bullied me in high school felt amazing.

At the same time, I was enraged to discover that I was pretty much gaslit for years. It was never my fault I was friendless and single my whole life. It wasn’t because I was weird or lacked confidence. It’s simply that people are shallow as fuck. No part of who I am changed, yet overnight everyone wanted to be my friend.

So, here I am, completely TERRIFIED by the newfound knowledge of just how precarious my social standing is. It’s like I’ve left the Matrix. I’m not so much trying to become extremely skinny as much as I am deathly afraid of ever being fat again. My goal weight is more of an insurance against getting fat again, as it were.

I’m a longtime lurker who’s finally gotten around to signing up, and I’m happy to be here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#19362 thottergate

thottergate

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 June 2021 - 02:15 PM

Hi, I’m Anna! I was a normal 10 year old who grew into a fat teenager struggling with binging/restricting as a result of my mom’s constant bodyshaming since I was little.

At the end of my freshman year of college (three years ago) I was diagnosed with ADHD (my adderall paragraphs are showing), and the meds got rid of the binging part so I’m really in it now lol. That summer I dropped to a size 4 pretty much overnight and it felt so good to go back to school that way. People legitimately didn’t even recognize me. Turning down guys who bullied me in high school felt amazing.

At the same time, I was enraged to discover that I was pretty much gaslit for years. It was never my fault I was friendless and single my whole life. It wasn’t because I was weird or lacked confidence. It’s simply that people are shallow as fuck. No part of who I am changed, yet overnight everyone wanted to be my friend.

So, here I am, completely TERRIFIED by the newfound knowledge of just how precarious my social standing is. It’s like I’ve left the Matrix. I’m not so much trying to become extremely skinny as much as I am deathly afraid of ever being fat again. My goal weight is more of an insurance against getting fat again, as it were.

I’m a longtime lurker who’s finally gotten around to signing up, and I’m happy to be here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#19363 uknowthevibes

uknowthevibes

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 June 2021 - 12:00 AM

Hello, I’m Hailey and am wanting to start my second little weight loss wave. I lost 35 pounds in four months but my battle with body dysmorphia leaves me dissatisfied. I have maintained my CW (127) for about 6 months or so as I tried to build a healthier relationship with food. I would love to get down to 120/115, so here we are again.

#19364 bbyuwu

bbyuwu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Location·˚ ₊ʚ♡ɞ₊˚·

Posted 14 June 2021 - 12:21 AM

Hi I'm Madi, I'm new to MPA but I'm not new to my ED.

I've always had poor self-image growing up ever since I was a child due to my narcissistic mother and myself. My parents enforced the "finish your plate" rule and threatened me without dinner if I ever misbehaved. This had a huge toll on my mental health growing up and screwed up my idea on food.

My entire family is obese/overweight except me and I am completely the "black sheep" of the family.

Making the decision earlier in life to be healthier & start to work out more to feel better about myself and lose more weight due to my insecurities and poor self-image got excessive. Counting my calories, indoor cycling for hours, and weighing myself everyday got to an unhealthy point and I decided to find people who were going through the same things I were so I started searching online for people and I found a couple of social media ED communities and I fell deeper and deeper into my poor mental state and malnutrition. I attempted recovery with the help of my boyfriend for 3 months when I temporarily visited him for vacation, I gained 4kg and I regret it so bad.

There's a lot more to my sob story but to just keep it short. I've had a poor relationship with food most of my life, I have a super addictive personality and I don't really care much about myself at times (I'm working on my self-image tho.) I want to recover eventually, but I never want to be above a size 0, and I crave for control over my own body and mind.

Nice to meet you, I hope to make some nice acquaintances here. :')

#19365 keysno

keysno

• Accountability access
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Balkans

Posted 15 June 2021 - 02:25 AM

Hi! My name is Sal and i'm from Romania. Not new to mpa, but was unable to make an account for the longest time. I've been struggling on and off with an ed for about 5 years complicated by thyroid problems but now hopefully i'll finally manage to reach my ugw. I'm 175cm and about 65kg, looking to reach somewhere around 48-50.

698fbb2b0165187032caf615e5935a3c.gif

Sal | She/they | 20

175cm

HW: 80kg (2015)

LW: 59kg (2019)

SW:75.6kg

GW:  70kg 65kg 60kg 55kg 50kg

UGW:45kg

#19366 SweeteeHeart

SweeteeHeart

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Locationpain

Posted 16 June 2021 - 12:49 PM

Hihi!! You can call me sweetee or bunny :) I used to have an account on mpa awhile back but I lost the password for it, so I decided to just make a new account.
Nice to be here UwU

#19367 Mayans Painted Blue

Mayans Painted Blue

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 17 June 2021 - 02:52 PM

Hello, my name is… I’m pathologically shy so I’ll skip the name for now.
I’ve binged, I’ve starved, I’ve even tried a healthy diet once or twice. Weight has always been all over the place.

Currently in starvation mode. Bit of a lurker. Diagnosed with Autism. I don’t write much. But when I do I’ll be sure to sperg out on my favourite topics. 
Ah, to hell with it… my name is Jocelyn. Pleased to meet you. 

#19368 Tripper524

Tripper524

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 June 2021 - 08:11 PM

Hey guys, I’m Trip! From Canada. Name gets confusing so so to lessen that yea it’s real and I’m a girl. I’ve just lurked for enough years I figured I should join. I like tips but I’m happy with my cw, just maintaining it is rough sometimes.

#19369 theonedarkprince

theonedarkprince

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Locationfloating rock

Posted 22 June 2021 - 06:04 AM

Hiiii !!! my ailias name is Aurelie, im 17 y/o and from the US. i'm trying to lose weight as quickly as i can before this summer; i haven't seen my friends in like 2 years and i currently feel huge. i've been struggling with ana w/ restrictive subtype, and a bit of bulimia in the past. rn i mainly just do OMAD and fast for majority of the time. i joined this site cuz i was looking for a potential friend to diet w/. nice to meet you all !

CW:93lbs

LW:90.6lbs

HW:106lbs

GW1:90lbs

GW2:85lbs

GW3:80lbs

#19370 Babybear0924

Babybear0924

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 June 2021 - 03:14 PM

Intro!!

#19371 mel_anch0ly

mel_anch0ly

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 June 2021 - 03:51 AM

hiya 

ive lurked on this site for god knows how many years, at least 5 by now. 

i only recently made an account because im at a point in my life where i have no friends and being a part of this seemed like decent social interaction, and the ed stuff has gotten pretty pressing lately and i just want to talk to people abt it without feeling like a freak.

also as ive been watching this site for so long, its been a dream to join, and i guess i only just got the courage. 

ive been restricting for about 7 years consciously, but have had food/eatng problems my whole life so i guess it was destiny.

#19372 sadbrat

sadbrat

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 June 2021 - 10:45 PM

hi! I go by bunny, and my pronouns are they/them. I’ve been lurking on mpa for months lol so I thought I should just finally make an account! i’m 18yo & 5’2. I’m looking for some support & mayb even some new friends too!

#19373 Strawberryandbananamilk

Strawberryandbananamilk

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 June 2021 - 09:31 AM

hi!

I’m Moon and im new to this community. I have bene wanting to lose weight for ages and this time i’ll try my hardest. I hope i can make new friends and share tips in here .

My current weight is 59 kg
My goal weight is 43 kg

#19374 CuteCallzs

CuteCallzs

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 June 2021 - 12:40 AM

kept glitching saying it didnt post ig it did sorry :( didnt mean to spam

#19375 CuteCallzs

CuteCallzs

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 June 2021 - 12:49 AM

sorry didnt mean to spam

#19376 CuteCallzs

CuteCallzs

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 June 2021 - 12:57 AM

hi i’m luna :) im pansexual 18 and im female also on twt lmk if you want my @ but I was really fat before I became pro ana. I was 150 I and 119 rn :) hope to make some friends here. my mom made me have and ed i hope i can get skinny and piss her off :).

#19377 il0mil0

il0mil0

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Locationchicago

Posted 26 June 2021 - 01:36 AM

hey i'm tyler & i'm 17. i've had anorexia for about 4-5 years now with a few phases of recovery throughout that. i'm 5'3 & my hw was 135, lw was 110, and my cw is 125. this is actually my third mpa account since ive deleted the previous two whenever i would try to recover (lol). my ugw is 99 rn and i want to get down to 115 or 110 by the end of july :)

#19378 Strawberryandbananamilk

Strawberryandbananamilk

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 June 2021 - 09:03 AM

Hi!
I’m Moon and i’m new to this community. I really wanna lose weight. I have been trying for a long time and i hope this time will work.

I’d love to make new friends and stuff (:

#19379 karly

karly

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 June 2021 - 01:57 PM

Hello, I'm Karly (21) and I'm dealing with ed-stuff since my teenage years.
I've discovered this forum and hopefully find some new friend and some ed-sisters&brothers, which can understand the struggle and problems.
Currently, I'm weighing 54 kg. My goal is between 42 - 45. My lowest weight was 48 back in the days.

Love,
Karly^^

#19380 papillon🦋

papillon🦋

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 June 2021 - 12:10 PM

Hi. I’m 15 and I obviously want to lose weight,, not sure how much. Not sure if I want to get better or worse

Recent blog entries on this topic

Photo

Slightly Different Introduction

By themellowd in Melody's Blog, on 02 July 2014 - 10:53 PM

Source: How to Introduce Yourself

Read Full Entry →
Photo

hey im carla feel free to Introduce Yourself

By EllamiaanaDancer in EllaMiaAnaDancer's Blog, on 18 June 2014 - 03:24 PM

Source: How to Introduce Yourself

Read Full Entry →
Photo

chat!

By slim in slim's Blog, on 27 May 2014 - 08:36 PM

im slim and i have a question why cant i got to chat!

Read Full Entry →

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users