How to Introduce Yourself - Page 984 - Community Introductions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

How to Introduce Yourself

• Please log in to reply
19896 replies to this topic

#19661 vmaim

vmaim

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Locationusa

Posted 07 October 2021 - 09:10 AM

hi! i’m not sure if i’m posting in the right spot as i haven’t used this website much, but my name is adeline & i’m 14. i’ve been struggling with some form of an eating disorder since january of this year. i’ve also been plateauing with my weight and i’m getting tired of it. i’d really like to lose some weight and keep it off. that’s all!! take care every1!!
  • Lynxitt likes this

#19662 ravenguything

ravenguything

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 07 October 2021 - 04:50 PM

hey! im raven, im 21 and im a trans guy. ive been trying to lose weight for a while bc my fat collects in very feminine places and its annoying. i always manage to lose weight when i go back to my uni but i always gain it right back anytime i go back home

• pickled-rat likes this

151 cm

HW: 69 kg (BMI 30,3 <_<)

CW: 58.5

GW1: 59

GW2: 56 (BMI 24,6!)

GW3: 54

GW4: 52

GW5: 50 (for now)

Accountability

#19663 Lymegreenpandora

Lymegreenpandora

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 October 2021 - 11:09 PM

Hi I'm Jo and I'm 34 almost 35. Ana and I were buddies from 13-28 or so. Then mood stabilizers and a bad car accident happened
I'm so ashamed of my weight currently it's 305 I want to get beck to about 130. I'm currently restricting and using laxatives. When I look in the mirror I see ugly and unlovable.
  • pickled-rat likes this

#19664 catsberg

catsberg

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 08 October 2021 - 03:37 AM

Hi  :) 

I'm from Australia, aged 33, and I joined MPA because at the moment I am at my highest weight, and my body dysphoria is at an all time high. My anorexia started when I was 9 and was repressed (not the right term per se...) at the age of 21 where I made the concerted effort to throw away all mirrors and measuring devices (sorta...clothes are another matter). I achieved a moderate form of quasi-acceptance but that has since disintegrated as of this year. 

I feel that this is partly because this is the first year (in over a decade) that I have moved into a house with mirrors, gained a scale and measuring tape, feel like I don't have control and surpassed my "must-not-exceed-this" dress size. Also I desperately need to "Glow Up" because I've never experienced flirting and I would like that boost of sexual femininity (for perspective, I dress like Amy Farrah Fowler from Big Bang and I retrospectively have realised that this happened when I made the decision to remove mirrors and avoid social situations which required makeup and dressing up...hrm...)

I realise that there's a whole load of issues in that above paragraph, and it's fine I'll work through it with hopefully some advice and encouragement from here and elsewhere. I guess what I am looking for is accountability, shared experiences and kindness. I realise that this is a disorder, but I need to just embrace it for now, so I can manage my dysphoria and feel that sense of empowerment that I used to get from restricting. Anorexia made me happier about myself and I want that again.

During my anorexia I went out of my way to ensure that I would always weigh 118lbs / 54kgs. When I turned 18 I went as low as 99lbs / 45kgs just to see if I could get a thigh gap (not really, so that's not a goal of mine at the moment). My current focus is to go back down to 132lbs / 60kgs by the end of the year and then lose the last 3-6kgs by March 2022. I used to restrict and have mono meals or I did the 2468 diet. I intend to do the 2468 diet again this time around with supplementary exercising to tone up. Instead of being a skinny-fat rake this time, I'm aiming to be a toned rake.  :P  

I'll be lurking in the 2468 thread and hopefully you'll see my results in the coming months. 

Pleasure to meet you. 

• pickled-rat likes this

Starting 2468 Diet | 11th October 2021

Height: 5"8 / 172 cm

Current weight: 169 lbs / 77 kg

Goal Weight: 132 lbs / 60 kg

Ultimate Goal Weight 1: 125 lbs / 57 kg

Ultimate Goal Weight 2: 120 lbs / 54 kg

#19665 LittleChalupa

LittleChalupa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 October 2021 - 11:11 AM

I'm Kelly. I'm returning to pro ana. Unfortunately I lost my old login info and don't remember which email I used so a new one. I don't even think I have that other old email anymore. I have been eating more than regularly for almost 2 years now after getting put in a facility by my doctor. I have had medical problems since. Stomach pain, vertigo, stuffed ears, muscle aches, fatigue. I'm back and ready to get back into the game after gaining 70 lbs. I'm just not happy like this.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
  • nicestbaby likes this

#19666 Lymegreenpandora

Lymegreenpandora

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 October 2021 - 11:19 AM

Hi I'm Jo. I've been dealing with ANA for many years. I'm almost 35 and working on losing a ton of weight antipsycotics and a bad car accident caused . Right now I feel like an ugly fat blob. I am also in search of a anabuddy

#19667 pink lemonade

pink lemonade

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 October 2021 - 11:44 AM

Hi. I feel terrible about my weight at the moment (I’m not overweight, just feel ugh) and I’m here because there are a lot of people here in the same boat (as far as I can tell).

#19668 orangediamond

orangediamond

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 08 October 2021 - 01:02 PM

Hi, I’ve lurked mpa for a while so I decided to finally join. I’m 20 and have had body image issues/trouble with eating/depression/anxiety since entering puberty. I was in treatment for depression for a while but whenever I expressed self image or eating issues it wasn’t recognized (probably because apart from the one time I gained a bunch of weight from meds I’ve maintained being underweight.) On here mostly for support.

#19669 GoldPhantomLuna

GoldPhantomLuna

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationMidwest United States

Posted 08 October 2021 - 05:50 PM

Hi! I'm Jess, 23, they/she, from the US. I've struggled with eating disordered behavior at different points throughout my life and have struggled with my self image starting in middle school. I recently went through a really tough breakup after 5 years together and it has been a massive trigger for anorexic tendencies.

I am about 5'1" and weighed about 120lbs through highschool but gained a lot of weight when I started college and got on the pill at the same time. I currently weigh 130lbs but my goal is to get at least down to 105.

From the little bit of browsing I was able to do before I made an account this community seems really loving and supportive and I look forward to meeting you all and making new friends!

#19670 Lillybug222

Lillybug222

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 October 2021 - 11:08 AM

I'm new hi!

#19671 wannabesickandskinny

wannabesickandskinny

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 October 2021 - 12:42 PM

Hi I’m new! I’ve been reading here for a long time but I’ve created a user now

#19672 Rosekitty

Rosekitty

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 October 2021 - 05:50 AM

I'm back again, starting at a higher BMI this time.

#19673 bromide

bromide

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 October 2021 - 02:47 PM

hii! i’m yul!! i’m currently 161cm at 88lbs which gives me a bmi of around 15 though i still look a bit on the chubbier side, i’m mostly here to look into maintaining a lower bmi and will try to be as active in the community as i can!! my ed is unspecified as of now though it’s restrictive.

#19674 sicksoup

sicksoup

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 11 October 2021 - 02:40 PM

hi! i'm soup (he/him) I've had disordered eatting habits for a very long time but over the past year they've developed into anorexia itself. I'm 18 and in college, and I've seen so many people in other ed spaces talk about this forum for so long that I just wanted to stick my head in!

sw: 130

ugw 80

4'11

#19675 Lymegreenpandora

Lymegreenpandora

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 October 2021 - 11:56 AM

HI! I'm Jo . I've had an eating disorder since I was in middle school. I'm not nearly 35 and it's been rearing its ugly head for about 2 years now I gained alot of weight after a car accident. Now I just want it all off.

#19676 Oldandintheway

Oldandintheway

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 October 2021 - 06:23 PM

Who am I, and why am I here? I will introduce myself by addressing these two questions, long beloved of philosophers. I am probably the most atypical user of this site: I am a middle-aged man, who has dealt with extreme weight fluctuations (100+ pounds) for decades. I signed up for this site because this seems to be the only place where people understand the appeal of hardcore restricting, and the ever-present temptation to binge. While I do not consider myself full-blown Ana or ED, I definitely have a gravely disordered relationship with food, and always have. I am currently in the middle of a very harsh, very effective homemade diet, which I will not describe here, lest anyone be tempted to emulate it. While I learned years ago to eschew the use of scales, as they drive me to despair, I have just reached what appears to be the higher end of a healthy weight, and will not stop until I am unequivocally thin. I sincerely hope that my age and gender will not deter the community from accepting me, as I have no one else to talk to about my issues.

#19677 shrinkingjxy

shrinkingjxy

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 October 2021 - 02:15 PM

Hi I’m Jay, I’m 21 and I’ve struggled with disordered eating since I was 13. It’s really taking it’s toll on me this year. It’s scary. I’m just looking for a community where it is safe to talk about my struggles.

#19678 niasekayi

niasekayi

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 October 2021 - 07:24 AM

Hi! My name is Nia. I’m joining to successfully lose weight. I am 165lbs today and I my lowest weight while was 147lbs while restricting. I have been struggling with Ana and Mia for some time now, but ive never successfully lost all my desired weight. Soooo, here I am. My goal weight is 115lbs. Please welcome me and wish my luck😊

#19679 Vonyano666

Vonyano666

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 October 2021 - 11:21 PM

Hi my name is Mel, I'm 20 from Kentucky USA. I've struggled with Bulimia since I was maybe 10-11, along with other mental health issues. I've been on here before but I was like 14 at the time. I never thought I'd come back lol but here I am. Nice to meet you all.

#19680 tobiass

tobiass

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 October 2021 - 08:20 PM

i rlly edont know how to use this D: but hellooooooooo everyoneee!!!!!! im a trans boy who joined since.... ive always been on this site (back in 2020), but i never actually made an acc!!!! i hate mybody soooo muchhhhhhhhhhhhh .,,, but hope i can meet some cool ppl here!!!!

Recent blog entries on this topic

Photo

Slightly Different Introduction

By themellowd in Melody's Blog, on 02 July 2014 - 10:53 PM

Source: How to Introduce Yourself

Read Full Entry →
Photo

hey im carla feel free to Introduce Yourself

By EllamiaanaDancer in EllaMiaAnaDancer's Blog, on 18 June 2014 - 03:24 PM

Source: How to Introduce Yourself

Read Full Entry →
Photo

chat!

By slim in slim's Blog, on 27 May 2014 - 08:36 PM

im slim and i have a question why cant i got to chat!

Read Full Entry →

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users