How to Introduce Yourself - Page 988 - Community Introductions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

How to Introduce Yourself

• Please log in to reply
19875 replies to this topic

#19741 MissScorpion

MissScorpion

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 08 November 2021 - 08:27 AM

Hello, I'm Teresa. I've had a very unhealty relationship with food since I remember. I'm obsessed with food, it's all I can think about and it controls my life. I would love to have someone to talk to about these things, I've never told anyone.

Right now losing weight is my biggest dream.

Beside that, I really enjoy watching movies and drawing. Some of my favorite directors are Wong Kar Wai and Sion Sono. I love psychedelic art.

#19742 Chloe.inspo.2

Chloe.inspo.2

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 November 2021 - 05:34 PM

Hey! I’m Chloe and I’m 19yo. As a kid I was a bit chubby and when I hit pubertat I grow up and lost weight, I was never thin but weight around 55-57kg being 150-160cm. Then one summer I gained 2kg and then 2 more. Until I stopped caring about everything and thought to enjoy life I should avoid all my personal límits (wrong). I ended up gaining until 66kg or more. Now I’m at 59-60kg, ai ing to get to 45kg. Thank you for this opportunity! I’m hoping to contribuir to this community as much as possible

#19743 livsedblog

livsedblog

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 November 2021 - 03:11 AM

i’m liv, from australia. many are still active on mpa after years i’ve made a new account. look forward to talking to everyone again!

#19744 atmosphere_mp3

atmosphere_mp3

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 November 2021 - 07:40 PM

Hi! Im Jaz, I've been "chubby" most my life but recently (past 6 months or so) lost weight so im now an average size but also obsessed with my body and restricting my diet. just suffering lol. but im in college and like to paint and hula hoop and im looking forward to having a community to talk to about this stuff lol <3

#19745 Lilacwitch52

Lilacwitch52

• Accountability access
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 12 November 2021 - 01:25 AM

Hey everyone :)

I'm Lila, I'm from New Zealand, I've been struggling with anorexia for about 7 years (though more recently I've been binging and purging as well every couple of weeks, not sure if that qualifies me for binge purge type?) 

I'm a competitive dancer and I also love running, baking (but not so much eating lol) and reading!

I've just come to MPA after giving up on ED Tumblr - got deactivated too many times and it was getting really frustrating cos I would lose all my friends and posts etc.

Currently seeing a psychologist who is really pushing me to get further help with my eating, but as I'm on the verge of being healthy still (BMI 19 as I am very muscular) and am not considered a child anymore she can't force me, and I'm really trying to put off getting help for as long as possible. 

Anyway, hoping to make some new friends and get some support from this community - you all seem lovely so far!

a hot mess minus the hot part

Height: 171 cm

SW/HW: 68.8 kg (BMI 23 ish)

CW:54.5 kg (BMI 18.6)

GW: 50 kg (BMI 17.0)

UGW: Who knows - depends how I look and if I can get that far without intervention

Weight lost so far:

14.3 kg / 31.5 lb

#19746 Butterflystarving19

Butterflystarving19

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 November 2021 - 08:58 AM

Hi I’m Annie I’m new here I’m so happy I found people that I can relate to and understand what what I’m going through my sw:57/58 kg
Cw:54 lw: 52 gw : 47 ugw: 38
I’ve been having a hard time going under my lowest weight and I don’t know why I just my weight doesn’t budge and I always end up binging or something currently I am in school and I’m trying my best to get grades so I’m find it hard to restrict and trying to lose weight because I really am trying to focus while studying and be able to sleep but I’m definitely maintaining and I’m not binging

#19747 thclbs

thclbs

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 November 2021 - 04:09 PM

hello, i’m kat, i’m 19 and have the same handle on edtwt. i’m bulimic but impulsively got a septum piercing so i currently can’t b/p (blessing and a curse.) i’ve had an ed for the majority of my life and yea !! lots of replies here lol

#19748 LuluANA

LuluANA

• Accountability access
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 13 November 2021 - 02:01 AM

o.o

#19749 SallyBars

SallyBars

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 November 2021 - 08:05 PM

Hi everyone. I’m Sally. I joined this site because it’s inspiring in so many ways. I believe this is a place where I can find people with the same struggles as myself as well as those that have overcome their obstacles and found victory. I’ve already seen so many inspiring threads that have been very informative. I’m mostly a lurker since it takes me a while to get comfortable and start posting.

#19750 xanderisdead

xanderisdead

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Locationwales

Posted 14 November 2021 - 08:18 AM

Hi I'm Xander. I'm non binary and use he/xe/they pronouns so pls respect that! I'm anorexic and in forced recovery but trying to resist it. I'm 5'5 and my cw is 46.4kg. My ugw is 35kg but tbh I'd like to be lower. Idk else to say other than I'm active on edtwt and have been for about a year and finally decided to sign up for MPA.

Yeah, 4st.7lb, an epilogue of youth

Such beautiful dignity in self abuse

(manics 1994)

#19751 monster_stomping

monster_stomping

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 November 2021 - 01:42 PM

Hey all. im charlie, she/her, im 18 and struggle with restricting and purging. im 5'6 and relapsed 2 or 3 months ago at 205lbs, and im currently 179 pounds. I joined mostly so i could talk to other people that understand what im going through without all the "taboo" of having an eating disorder.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

#19752 rifqaish

rifqaish

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 November 2021 - 11:59 PM

Hey I'm Rifqa. Been struggling with an eating disorder for the past 8 years. Was active on this site a lot throughout but only as a guest. Glad to be a part of the community now!

#19753 mycatverycutee

mycatverycutee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 November 2021 - 06:22 PM

Hi I made this account a while ago and still have a pop up about mandatory new member reading. I read that it disappears after posting something so hi

#19754 sugargirl

sugargirl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 November 2021 - 05:59 PM

Hi, I’m Em. Not comfortable labeling myself with an ed, so I’ll just say I have disordered tendencies when it comes to food and weight.. Currently 175 cm and 60kg. UGW is 53.5kg (118 lbs). I’m 16 and have been struggling with body image and weight since elementary school. I think I might have been a past binge eater but again, not comfortable labeling myself. I don’t think I’m here for tips to lose weight or anything—more so for a safe place to talk and find low calorie meal options (´-`).。oO~~

#19755 mirela91

mirela91

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 November 2021 - 07:31 AM

Hello, i am Mirela i have 30years and i am o mother of a sweet little boy. I was struggling with ED dince i have 20 years. After pregnancy i gained 30kilos and i weighted 85kilos. Right now i have 59kilos and my goal weight is 44kilos, i am 160cm

#19756 LadyButterfly

LadyButterfly

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 19 November 2021 - 09:17 AM

Hi I’m LadyButterfly . I overcame an binge eating(10+ years ago) and purging disorder , using laxatives , because I could no longer poop normally. I’ve never been skinny always 125 as a teen to my current weight as an adult at 180 lbs. Food is the addiction , most of my money , thoughts , time and life is spent on food . At this point it’s annoying . I’m here for community and overcoming this . Much love 💕 to everyone .

#19757 gaminegoblin

gaminegoblin

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 November 2021 - 06:05 PM

I’m Devyn. I joined because I’m lonely. I don’t really have many friends, mostly acquaintances and coworkers. I’m 31, anorexic and food avoidant. I’ve lost a considerable amount of weight this year. It’s been rough, but yet I’m here and not ready to make changes to stop.

#19758 BigOldMomma

BigOldMomma

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts
  • LocationAll over the place

Posted 19 November 2021 - 06:24 PM

Hi! I'm 41 and I have been either anorexic or binging my entire life. Trying to work my way back down to looking more like a healthy human being and no longer being the girl who is either morbidly obese, or scarily skinny. I don't want to be talked about anymore! No idea where I'll end up this time around. Happy to meet people who get it! <3
Age 41
Height 5'6"

LW 112
SW 269.6
CW 231
GW 135

Jerry Cantrell Goal: 175 by March 26th 2022!!!

❤Valentine's Crushers❤

#19759 suchatiredbody

suchatiredbody

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 November 2021 - 07:41 PM

hello all, i'm liz! i'm 21 years old and started struggling with disordered eating at 12 years old. I'm currently at a BMI 20.5 after losing 40kg+. I have extreme weight fluctuations depending on wether i'm restricting or binging. these last years. i'm tired and having physical effects which scare me. but i've never been skinnier than this and its by far not even skinny. I feel invalid and like I have to prove myself by being underweight, but actually everyone knows about my eating disorder which also embarrasses me. Anyway, there's a lot going on and my GW is at least underweight. <\3

#19760 nanallia

nanallia

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 20 November 2021 - 11:48 AM

New member pop up needs to go away!

Recent blog entries on this topic

Photo

Slightly Different Introduction

By themellowd in Melody's Blog, on 02 July 2014 - 10:53 PM

Source: How to Introduce Yourself

Read Full Entry →
Photo

hey im carla feel free to Introduce Yourself

By EllamiaanaDancer in EllaMiaAnaDancer's Blog, on 18 June 2014 - 03:24 PM

Source: How to Introduce Yourself

Read Full Entry →
Photo

chat!

By slim in slim's Blog, on 27 May 2014 - 08:36 PM

im slim and i have a question why cant i got to chat!

Read Full Entry →

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users