Would you rather be thin and fragile or muscular and "fit"? - Page 3 - Males with ED - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Would you rather be thin and fragile or muscular and "fit"?

• Please log in to reply
266 replies to this topic

#41 jaja

jaja

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 03:10 PM

I want a super lean and toned frame. I want to look like the kenyan marathon runners. I would love to look like any professional marathoner, really

• slimfitguy and ganglyhippie like this
Height 5'10"HW: 150 LW: 112 CW: 128 GW1: 140 GW2: 135 GW3: 128 GW4: 125 UGW: <120

#42 thedirk

thedirk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 12 September 2014 - 07:57 PM

Im going for muscular. It's an attempt at hypermasculinity, but not the bulk of a football player or anything. Large muscles with no fat covering them would be ideal. 10-15% BMI and very solid.

Its been hard to drop weight without losing musculature and i dont see any muscle size gains when my calories are restricted, even when i seem some strength gains. Numbers in the gym (weight, reps, sets), various body circumferences, and protein intake become just as obsessive as weighing an calorie counting.

Im surprised so few men have reported that they go for muscular. A few have mentioned leanness. With the little attention male EDs get in the media, most seem to think we all want to be jacked.
  • ganglyhippie likes this

CW 179; male, 6'1", working toward muscular build
GW 220
GW 200
GW 190

GW 180
GW 175
GW 170
GW 165 - ripped; if not, new goal.

HW 260+
LW 179

#43 ganglyhippie

ganglyhippie

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 11:46 PM

Im going for muscular. It's an attempt at hypermasculinity, but not the bulk of a football player or anything. Large muscles with no fat covering them would be ideal. 10-15% BMI and very solid.

Its been hard to drop weight without losing musculature and i dont see any muscle size gains when my calories are restricted, even when i seem some strength gains. Numbers in the gym (weight, reps, sets), various body circumferences, and protein intake become just as obsessive as weighing an calorie counting.

Im surprised so few men have reported that they go for muscular. A few have mentioned leanness. With the little attention male EDs get in the media, most seem to think we all want to be jacked.

I don't think there is enough consideration towards the extreme bodybuilder lifestyle as being an ED in itself. It can be equally if not more obsessive - it does not seem unusual for bodybuilders to have experienced problems with body dysmorphia and strive for a never ending goal of perfection. Although physically, the lifestyle is wonderfully healthy, It must be potentially damaging to the extreme/long term bodybuilder's mental health.

I'd rather be very thin and toned.

#44 will.male.proana

will.male.proana

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationHell

Posted 27 September 2014 - 06:24 AM

thin and fragile would be beautiful for me :)

• slimfitguy and skinny_wings101 like this

Just a boy struggling with depression and EDNOS

CW: 140

GW1: 130 ( )

GW2: 120 ( )

GW3: 110 ( )

UGW: 100 ( )

I hate myself I hate myself I hate this I hate this I disgust myself I hate it I hate it I hate it just let me fucking die

#45 Bo-Captain_Cuddle_Buns

Bo-Captain_Cuddle_Buns

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 September 2014 - 10:43 AM

I used to want the thin and fragile look but with recovery has come the desire to look more healthy. I still have no desire to be ripped, I hate the muscle look, I just want to be lean and without being soft.

Exactly the same here, but actually do want the muscular look. Recovery fucked me in the head xD.

• Aus and slimfitguy like this

AHA!

0ev9RkB.jpg?1

You can find me riding along, singing a song, next to a great big pylon. 

FONIPPLEZ

Disclaimer: Bibliophile put this in my signature ^

#46 Boys

Boys

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 29 September 2014 - 05:46 PM

Thin and Fragile I think

Idk I would like my chest to be toned but I don't want visible muscle any where else

• slimfitguy likes this

tumblr_static_tumblr_mwcbj2ovvy1s2jlrho1

Nobody asked me if I was ok...

#47 Aus

Aus

The evil wizard of Aus

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8774 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 29 September 2014 - 06:27 PM

Exactly the same here, but actually do want the muscular look. Recovery fucked me in the head xD.

The longer I go the more I'd like the idea of some more muscle definition. I'm currently working on building up and laying down some muscle because that really thin look with no muscle looks really bad to me now. I love this new mindset and it's great being able to sit down to half a chicken and veggies for dinner. LOL.

• Bo-Captain_Cuddle_Buns and Junky228 like this

#48 LunarSnow

LunarSnow

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 29 September 2014 - 06:59 PM

I know if I was thinking clearly and whatnot, I'd probably want a more toned, muscular look but right now and for the foreseeable future - definitely thin and fragile. 

5'7" | 21 | LW: 88 (BMI 13.8) | CW: ??? | UGW: 80 (BMI 12.5) Death

Supposed to be in recovery but fuckmylife i need to lose this weight

#49 Guest_Call_Me_Bree_*

Guest_Call_Me_Bree_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 September 2014 - 07:04 PM

Thin & fragile. No doubt about it.

#50 Bo-Captain_Cuddle_Buns

Bo-Captain_Cuddle_Buns

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 01 October 2014 - 08:57 AM

The longer I go the more I'd like the idea of some more muscle definition. I'm currently working on building up and laying down some muscle because that really thin look with no muscle looks really bad to me now. I love this new mindset and it's great being able to sit down to half a chicken and veggies for dinner. LOL.

xD I know the feeling, I got down to a really low weight until I started recovery. Recovery and being more comfortable to eat just changed everything and I cooked/ate so many different chicken dishes in a week xD. I'm planning on joining a gym, but it's difficult because I don't have anyone to take me and it's pissing me the eff off >_> (And I'm pissed off af writing this so probably why I sound agitated xD)

• Aus likes this

AHA!

0ev9RkB.jpg?1

FONIPPLEZ

#51 thereisafuturex

thereisafuturex

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 01 October 2014 - 05:21 PM

Thin and fragile.
tumblr_myyl191QH01qg22hlo1_250.jpg
Muscular and "fit" looks more masculine, so it's maybe more attractive for girls but....
tumblr_mkw7dozkgA1qbkcgco1_500.jpg
Thin and fragile looks more like "youthfulness" it maybe doesn't look "fit" and a lot of girls doesn't think that's attractive but I try to be thin and fragile for myself and not for someone else...so I want to be thin and fragile :P

I know this is an older post and I'm a female buuuut I just wanted to add that my friends and I have similar tastes in men and we all prefer the skinny look over the muscle look any day. Tall and skinny over tall and bulky? Yes please. I never in my life liked the muscle look as I think it looks ridiculous.

• Granmamma, but I love chocolate, skinny_wings101 and 1 other like this

5'4, 138 (aka fat-arse). My ultimate goal is under 100. graphics-kawaii-small-042264.gif170, 160, 150140, 130, 120, 110, 100, ?tumblr_n06rm2ygcZ1sdlrwdo1_400.gif

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
<p>
Spoiler

#52 Aus

Aus

The evil wizard of Aus

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8774 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 01 October 2014 - 05:31 PM

xD I know the feeling, I got down to a really low weight until I started recovery. Recovery and being more comfortable to eat just changed everything and I cooked/ate so many different chicken dishes in a week xD. I'm planning on joining a gym, but it's difficult because I don't have anyone to take me and it's pissing me the eff off >_> (And I'm pissed off af writing this so probably why I sound agitated xD)

Haha, I haven't joined a gym because I have butt money but I have built my own barbell out of a piece of steel tube and 11L water bottles. It cost me about $30 and works a treat. There are also a lot of ways to put decent resistance onto body weight exercises, push ups with the feet resting at a higher level for example.

I find the hardest part is eating enough. I have so much trouble getting anywhere near my macro goals. Oh, the irony. LOL.

• Bo-Captain_Cuddle_Buns likes this

#53 perfectionistodisappear

perfectionistodisappear

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 02:37 AM

I don't really care whether I have muscle mass or not, as long as there's no extra fat on me. I don't care if the skin's pulled over bone or muscle as long as I'm not 'soft' anymore.

• Canuck_Voyageur likes this

Height: 5'4

HW: ~90kg

CW: 65kg

GW1: 59kg

GW2: 52kg

UGW: 45kg

#54 BDEUT

BDEUT

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 12:26 PM

I would definitely like to be thin and fragile, seems more youthful to me. I have a friend that is 5'7" and about 110 and I love it. Jealousy is a great motivator. 

• slimfitguy likes this

#55 Bo-Captain_Cuddle_Buns

Bo-Captain_Cuddle_Buns

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 02 October 2014 - 04:35 PM

Haha, I haven't joined a gym because I have butt money but I have built my own barbell out of a piece of steel tube and 11L water bottles. It cost me about $30 and works a treat. There are also a lot of ways to put decent resistance onto body weight exercises, push ups with the feet resting at a higher level for example.

I find the hardest part is eating enough. I have so much trouble getting anywhere near my macro goals. Oh, the irony. LOL.

I feel you on that one, but I personally just want to join a gym because it'll obligate me to go because I'm frigging broke and I'll need to put my invested money to good use xD. Trouble is, I have no one to take me xD. 

• Aus likes this

AHA!

0ev9RkB.jpg?1

FONIPPLEZ

#56 coldboy

coldboy

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 03 October 2014 - 04:44 PM

oh god i want to look totally thin and androgynous. all hip bones, tight tshirts and huge cardigans.

HW: 150lbs LW:87 CW:135.75 GW1:112lbs GW:? 164cm

I need this. I need it more than anything else in the world

150 149 148 147 146 145 144 143 142 141 140 139 138137 136 135

134 133 132 131 130 129 128

127 126 125 124 123 122 121 120

119 118 117 116 115 114 113 112

111 110 109 108 107 106 105 104 103 102 101 100

#57 Guest_ThynBeauty_*

Guest_ThynBeauty_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 October 2014 - 04:53 PM

Thin and fragile.
tumblr_myyl191QH01qg22hlo1_250.jpg
Muscular and "fit" looks more masculine, so it's maybe more attractive for girls but....
tumblr_mkw7dozkgA1qbkcgco1_500.jpg
Thin and fragile looks more like "youthfulness" it maybe doesn't look "fit" and a lot of girls doesn't think that's attractive but I try to be thin and fragile for myself and not for someone else...so I want to be thin and fragile :P

Thin and fragile look a whole lot better than muscular tbh. But then again, I don't mind either. They both look good on men. Perhaps it's just your body type that will effect it.
  • but I love chocolate likes this

#58 emojosh

emojosh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationSC, USA

Posted 03 October 2014 - 11:33 PM

I want to be thin and fragile, no doubt. I'm attracted to what in my mind is a very thin, french ideal of male beauty. I want to look as if I subsist on coffee and cigarettes with a gaunt face, wild hair and gorgeously layered clothes that still show how tiny bits of me are like legs and waist. I can't wait until my scarf swings against the remains of my stomach off my ribcage or when the wind blows against me people make comments about how tiny I am. I want to be protected and as a gay sub, I think this plays into my ED expectations too. 

• slimfitguy, perfectionistodisappear, Napstablook and 1 other like this

Kik/Skype @jwillingson

5ft 7in
HW: 205 (9.1.14)

CW: 187  lbs (10/3/14)

GW1: 180 lbs
GW2: 175 lbs

UGW: 120 lbs

Daily caloric intake <700
With C/S for all meals +Lettuce for Insulin Resistance Prevention

#59 Rose_Lalonde

Rose_Lalonde

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 03 October 2014 - 11:39 PM

I like both body types in boys(I'm a girl and pansexual) dating a skinnier guy motivates me even though it sounds crazy. The last guy I dated was thinner than me and he was a walking thinspiration to me.

#60 but I love chocolate

but I love chocolate

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 02:24 AM

Thin and fragile look a whole lot better than muscular tbh. But then again, I don't mind either. They both look good on men. Perhaps it's just your body type that will effect it.

Lol ever time when I see a "muscular men" I feel sad because I know, he work out a lot to get a body like this. But when he suddenly have to stop working out (for example because of a accident) his body will change this muscles to fat. Somehow ironic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users