Age. 50+ - Page 2 - Age 40+ - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Age. 50+

• Please log in to reply
218 replies to this topic

#21 minithinime

minithinime

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 05 August 2017 - 02:27 PM

45 feel 65, no energy this week

#22 Holly_Wud

Holly_Wud

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 05 August 2017 - 09:38 PM

49 here

#23 ButtonsAligned

ButtonsAligned

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1323 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 05 August 2017 - 09:41 PM

52 here!

Welcome to MPA Cassy
  • Cassy and Pebs like this

It's always a good time for tea.

Please visit my current art project gallery and feel free to leave comments .

depositphotos_83105252-stock-illustratio

#24 Anathin Skywalker

Anathin Skywalker

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 11:16 AM

Mid-50s here. :)

• ButtonsAligned and Pebs like this

H: 5'6"
Hw: 168
Cw: 144
Gw1: 128
UGw: 115

#25 Xthin1

Xthin1

Advanced Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2382 posts
  • LocationSE Georgia Coast

Posted 07 August 2017 - 11:45 AM

I turned 55 two weeks ago.

Hey! Just wanted to welcome you to the site also! Love your "name" too...are you Wiccan like me?

• Pebs likes this

Height: 5'2         SW: 145 1/24/18                                                                           Check out my Blog

CW:145                                                                                                                                                                https://kh1313.wordpress.com/ 

GW1: 135

#26 Tik-Tak

Tik-Tak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 01:36 PM

49 here! šŸ˜Š

#27 Boomer3

Boomer3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 09 August 2017 - 02:05 PM

I am 46! So glad to see others close to my age!
  • Cakemom likes this

#28 shedding_is_hard

shedding_is_hard

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 02:11 PM

it's over

#29 BiancaPowers

BiancaPowers

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • LocationšŸ‡ØšŸ‡¦

Posted 09 August 2017 - 02:15 PM

46 here

gif-frustrated.gif

#30 Machalo

Machalo

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 02:42 PM

#31 Guest_Dietcpa_*

Guest_Dietcpa_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 August 2017 - 04:30 PM

Just turned 55.  Ouch!

• MyChihuahua and Pebs like this

#32 lightness

lightness

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in the universe away from earth

Posted 12 August 2017 - 06:57 AM

Not liking numbers. Still feel like I am in my 30s. I do look after myself with regular healthy exercise. I still have food issues and body issues with my career and people saying things all the time. Working in a fitness industry people comment all the time about everything we talk about . Drives me crazy. And the bloody mirrors I have to work in front of everyday. Feeling bloated from hormones and then my high water retention issues all my life. Hereditary. So much more than people realise. I hate my body everyday unless I am at a weight I feel comfortable. At the moment high fluid retention. Even when I fly I can look so disgusting from a flight. My body swells up like you would never believe. Even if I exercise on the plane I still come off full of fluid you cannot see my knees my bones in my legs gone. My feet my belly my face. This happens to a lesser account with just living. I am here to chat and listen and help support people. I know how it feels being young with this disorder. I never forget my challenges at every age and stage of my life. Gets harder as we get older. We are suppose to know better aren't we?
  • Topoli, MyChihuahua and Pebs like this

#33 lightness

lightness

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in the universe away from earth

Posted 12 August 2017 - 08:54 PM

The morning I went to hot yoga to sweat. Feel heaps better. Sorry for the rant last night.
Hate being 51 with more hormone issues.
Enjoy your day everyone
  • Pebs likes this

#34 Skinnyme120

Skinnyme120

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 10:36 AM

I am a dinosaur at 63, but losing weight anyway!

• crotique, Topoli, RabbidBunnies and 6 others like this

#35 Guest_RockRabbit_*

Guest_RockRabbit_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 August 2017 - 10:45 AM

The morning I went to hot yoga to sweat. Feel heaps better. Sorry for the rant last night.
Hate being 51 with more hormone issues.
Enjoy your day everyone

There is an article in New Scientist this week about the benefits of Hot Yoga, but since it doesn't compare it with ordinary Yoga it's impossible to know if there are real advantages.  Personally I hate being hot and sweaty, but since my creaking body no longer manages even some of the easiest Yoga, I guess it's all not for me any more anyway.

#36 Credence

Credence

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 05:14 AM

50 this month....don't feel old, just a bit tired :) I'll get over it somehow; always do

• MyChihuahua likes this

Too old to rock'n'roll, too young to die

guiness-1.jpg     Jan 2017 89kg - don't go there ever again!                                                                                                      

03/09/17 last binge 

16/10/2017 last binge

04/09/17  82.3 kg      05/10/17  77.7kg      03/11/17  77kg

12/09/17  81.2          17/10/17  78.7           29/11/17  75.6

14/09/17  80.4          23/10/17  78.0           November -1.6kg

18/09/17  79.6          31/10/17  77.2

25/09/17  78.5          October  -1.1kg :(

29/09/17  78.3

September -4kg

#37 Guest_Dietcpa_*

Guest_Dietcpa_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 August 2017 - 04:21 PM

And if we are?  55 here.  So what.  Problems may get more difficult?  But I don't feel my age do you?  We age and it is a fact of life.  Still want to strive for thin.  Even if we are married and there seems no point to attract a mate.  It is not about attracting, it is personal and that seems never to go away.  You all?

• Pebs, Angelaz and 254Life like this

#38 freetobeme

freetobeme

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts
  • LocationWithin myself

Posted 19 August 2017 - 02:18 AM

58 here!!

Tapatalk
  • Topoli likes this

I have no idea what the exact motivation is that brings all of us here but do know it is widely varied.  I pass judgement on no one.  Each person has their own story to tell and experiences that justify their situation.  Peace to all and may you find your tomorrow better than today.

5'8"

CW 186.0

GW 130.0

1st goal 175.0 

2nd goal 165.0

3rd goal  155.0

4th goal  145.0

5th goal  140.0

{I want to be perfectly pink}

#39 freetobeme

freetobeme

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts
  • LocationWithin myself

Posted 19 August 2017 - 02:19 AM

And if we are? 55 here. So what. Problems may get more difficult? But I don't feel my age do you? We age and it is a fact of life. Still want to strive for thin. Even if we are married and there seems no point to attract a mate. It is not about attracting, it is personal and that seems never to go away. You all?

Agree wholeheartedly!!

Tapatalk

I have no idea what the exact motivation is that brings all of us here but do know it is widely varied.  I pass judgement on no one.  Each person has their own story to tell and experiences that justify their situation.  Peace to all and may you find your tomorrow better than today.

5'8"

CW 186.0

GW 130.0

1st goal 175.0 

2nd goal 165.0

3rd goal  155.0

4th goal  145.0

5th goal  140.0

{I want to be perfectly pink}

#40 Pebs

Pebs

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 03:44 PM

53 here. I feel best when I am thin. Younger women have told me that I inspire them to eat healthy and exercise, which I do. However, the pounds are creeping up lately :wacko: . Iā€™m 10 pounds over my gw. Today I started fasting for the first time in a few years. Iā€™m about 18 hours into it. Feeling good. Drank 1 small coffee in the morning, a couple cups of tea and water. Looking for a friend to help and to be accountable to. :)

• Cakemom and jrobin29 like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users