REMINDER: PLEASE READ. - Community Introductions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

REMINDER: PLEASE READ.

• Please log in to reply
185 replies to this topic

#1 Dancing Queen Dani

Dancing Queen Dani

Omniscient

• Moderators
  • 4419 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 09 June 2014 - 02:33 PM

POPULAR

Hey guys. So I've noticed a handful of members attacking new members on the forum telling them to leave if they don't have an eating disorder. I've also noticed that 90% of the time it's in a very malicious and cruel way. 

Reminder:

In the rules it states "The most Important Rule on this forum: NO PASSING JUDGEMENT ON OTHER PEOPLE. This community is for people who have been touched with anything related to an Eating Disorder or suffering from body image problems. It is open for all, as well as for those who in recovery or seeking help. Likewise it is open for those who want to learn more about weight loss, those who need to learn more about eating disorders, and those who have been afflicted with an eating disorder their whole life."

Please remember that rule and don't attack other members on this site. If we keep seeing repeated offenders we will send a verbal warning. If it continues you'll receive warning points. 

• mytinydeath, Raven, shan410 and 177 others like this

Height: 5'9.5"

HW: 167 (24.3)

CW: ---

GW: N/A Currently

Diagnosed with: General Anxiety, Depression, Borderline Personality Disorder, EDNOS

Yey for:

- Cigarettes

- Caring Boyfriends

- Privacy

#2 prescription

prescription

MPA Poll Dancer

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20614 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 02:50 PM

I think the problem is that there is no definitive line between discouraging someone who wants to "catch an ED", and judging. I would never encourage anyone to pursue an ED, and I think this tends to offend people. Nothing good comes out judging people, at just the same nothing good comes from helping them develop a mental illness. 

• Nessii, Rick Grimes, IsButterACarb? and 25 others like this

lonely-blog_20_1_-thumb-350x259-27542.jp

What if.. I am already thin, and I am the only one who doesn't know it

HW: - 233lbs
CW: - somewhere under 110
LW 95.5
Height - 5'5

UGW - Suppose to be recovering but I am not skinny yet so... 88

#3 Guest_70lbs of yogurt_*

Guest_70lbs of yogurt_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2014 - 03:01 PM

I think the problem is that there is no definitive line between discouraging someone who wants to "catch an ED", and judging. I would never encourage anyone to pursue an ED, and I think this tends to offend people. Nothing good comes out judging people, at just the same nothing good comes from helping them develop a mental illness.

^Yessss^

so take your stupid post and shove it. If you're okay with letting someone develop an eating disorder, FUCK YOUUUUU~
  • Rick Grimes, emaciated.darling, CleanLiving and 2 others like this

#4 ShyViolet

ShyViolet

Advanced Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1345 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 06:03 PM

Thank you so much for sharing the reminder! I wish certain people could be less negative when giving "advice", especially to the people who area thinking about developing an ED. This is a place for people to find support and understanding. Telling people to leave or that they don't belong here is not supportive in any way. If someone doesn't think a person should be in this group, they should try telling them in a positive way. Be helpful with your words. You might stop someone from having this hell-like disease.
  • CadaverousBones, Whisper thin, skinnylungs and 9 others like this

#5 ScreamAndShout

ScreamAndShout

Sage

• Supporter
  • 1032 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 09 June 2014 - 06:08 PM

Yes, I posted something like this a while back.

It needs to be said. Anyone who's rude/mean/bullies anyone, for any reason, should not be tolerated.

• CadaverousBones, ShyViolet, sparrowbones and 5 others like this

I want so much more than they've got there.

#6 ScreamAndShout

ScreamAndShout

Sage

• Supporter
  • 1032 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 09 June 2014 - 06:17 PM

^Yessss^

so take your stupid post and shove it. If you're okay with letting someone develop an eating disorder, FUCK YOUUUUU~

You know you just said 'fuck you' to a moderator and told them to 'shove their stupid post'?

• SelfDestruction, xaesthetic, prescription and 33 others like this

#7 prescription

prescription

MPA Poll Dancer

• Accountability access
  • 20614 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 06:31 PM

You know you just said 'fuck you' to a moderator and told them to 'shove their stupid post'?

Yeah I was like  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:

I didn't even know how to respond, so I left it alone.

• xaesthetic, Corporal, MyNameIsNotCamilla and 3 others like this

lonely-blog_20_1_-thumb-350x259-27542.jp

What if.. I am already thin, and I am the only one who doesn't know it

HW: - 233lbs
CW: - somewhere under 110
LW 95.5
Height - 5'5

UGW - Suppose to be recovering but I am not skinny yet so... 88

#8 Dancing Queen Dani

Dancing Queen Dani

Omniscient

• Moderators
  • 4419 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 09 June 2014 - 06:40 PM

Yeah I was like  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:

I didn't even know how to respond, so I left it alone.

Same xD But I didn't leave it alone. :P 

• xaesthetic, prescription, tea_bee and 18 others like this

Height: 5'9.5"

HW: 167 (24.3)

CW: ---

GW: N/A Currently

Diagnosed with: General Anxiety, Depression, Borderline Personality Disorder, EDNOS

Yey for:

- Cigarettes

- Caring Boyfriends

- Privacy

#9 BridgeteCara

BridgeteCara

Biggest Bitch of MPA

• Members
  • 19220 posts
  • LocationπŸ’œ with my dog

Posted 09 June 2014 - 06:43 PM

O.o what?

• Aaron and like this

Member of the Starving Sisters<3

β€œWhen you play a game of thrones you win or you die.” --- George RR Martin, A Game of Thrones

The only number that would ever be enough is 0. Zero pounds, zero life, size zero, double-zero, zero point. Zero in tennis is love. I finally get it.”
― Laurie Halse Anderson

Trust your hunches, They're usually based on facts filed away just below the conscious level. - Joyce Brothers

v6ugap.jpg

#10 BridgeteCara

BridgeteCara

Biggest Bitch of MPA

• Members
  • 19220 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 06:43 PM

And out of likes, but great post Dani! :)

• Dancing Queen Dani and Fanny44 like this

β€œWhen you play a game of thrones you win or you die.” --- George RR Martin, A Game of Thrones

The only number that would ever be enough is 0. Zero pounds, zero life, size zero, double-zero, zero point. Zero in tennis is love. I finally get it.”
― Laurie Halse Anderson

Trust your hunches, They're usually based on facts filed away just below the conscious level. - Joyce Brothers

v6ugap.jpg

#11 ScreamAndShout

ScreamAndShout

Sage

• Supporter
  • 1032 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 09 June 2014 - 06:47 PM

O.o what?

I was telling 70lbs what lovely things they were saying to dani

#12 BridgeteCara

BridgeteCara

Biggest Bitch of MPA

• Members
  • 19220 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 06:50 PM

I was telling 70lbs what lovely things they were saying to dani

Oh shit. I didnt realize that. I just woke up from a nap lol. I thought 70lbs was saying that to perspective.

Yeahhh... thats wrong. very uncalled for. not to mention her post is 100% accurate. it does say in the community guidelines that people from all ends of the spectrum are welcomed here. I agree that the "no judgment" rule can be interpreted in different ways yes, but blatant bulling of newbies and telling them to gtfo is pretty a clear cut violation.

• Dancing Queen Dani, ScreamAndShout, Corporal and 4 others like this

― Laurie Halse Anderson

v6ugap.jpg

#13 BridgeteCara

BridgeteCara

Biggest Bitch of MPA

• Members
  • 19220 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 10:17 PM

This should be pinned in this forum.

• Mateo, IanStankova and yume.ko like this

― Laurie Halse Anderson

v6ugap.jpg

#14 Guest_shannonnonnahs_*

Guest_shannonnonnahs_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2014 - 10:21 PM

what do warning points even do?

#15 emaciated.darling

emaciated.darling

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1147 posts
  • LocationHell.

Posted 09 June 2014 - 10:27 PM

But what if someone comes on and is looking to "catch an eating disorder"? Like has no eating problems, and just wants to lose weight.

HT: 5'7

CW: 106.6 πŸ˜… 16.7

GW1: 110 βœ”οΈ 17.2

GW2: 105 😏

GW3: 100 ^_^ 15.7

GW4: 96 :) 15.0

GW5: 92 :P 14.4

GW6: 88 :lol: 13.8

GW7: 80 :D 12.5

UGW: 77 :wub: 12.1

GOAL: 98 BY OCTOBER

tumblr_n3zzdy8bW91rv3wq2o1_400.gif

#16 BridgeteCara

BridgeteCara

Biggest Bitch of MPA

• Members
  • 19220 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 10:31 PM

But what if someone comes on and is looking to "catch an eating disorder"? Like has no eating problems, and just wants to lose weight.

I think theres a nicer way to go about it then saying fuck off. is what I think about it. gentle redirection.

• Dancing Queen Dani, shan410, LoliBunny! and 4 others like this

― Laurie Halse Anderson

v6ugap.jpg

#17 emaciated.darling

emaciated.darling

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1147 posts
  • LocationHell.

Posted 09 June 2014 - 10:33 PM

I think theres a nicer way to go about it then saying fuck off. is what I think about it. gentle redirection.

Oh yes of course. I agree a lot of people are too harsh on the newbies and I don't think it's fair.

• skin/me-In likes this

HT: 5'7

CW: 106.6 πŸ˜… 16.7

GW1: 110 βœ”οΈ 17.2

GW2: 105 😏

GW3: 100 ^_^ 15.7

GW4: 96 :) 15.0

GW5: 92 :P 14.4

GW6: 88 :lol: 13.8

GW7: 80 :D 12.5

UGW: 77 :wub: 12.1

GOAL: 98 BY OCTOBER

tumblr_n3zzdy8bW91rv3wq2o1_400.gif

#18 shan410

shan410

Omniscient

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4791 posts
  • LocationO-H-I-O

Posted 09 June 2014 - 10:39 PM

I believe if someone wants to try and "catch and eating disorder" they will find a way regardless of how we treat them. While I refuse to help someone be sick, I do prefer them to stay here instead of using Google or yahoo answers and being given half assed information that can kill them.

At least on here I know 99% of us have good intentions and have probably been where the person is when the shit hits the fan... which with an ED in my opinion is bound to happen. The "is this normal" threads or "help" threads seem to get honest answers. If someone needs help many will say call a doctor and get help versus I've seen people on yahoo insist it's ok to faint and have chest pains but keep exercising because it's good for you.

And I also believe the majority trying to use it as a fad diet will only last a few days to a week and quit. Where as someone who sticks to the ways this illness works for prolonged periods of time.. probably already has a problem and should at least in my opinion be on here.

Haha hope I at least made some sense, even if no one agrees lol
  • thin~mint, Bad Habit, Maybe I Should and 23 others like this
j6sdmu.jpg

#19 LilithKnight

LilithKnight

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2414 posts
  • LocationIn my bed

Posted 09 June 2014 - 10:47 PM

Solution to the world’s problems:  Phrasing and word choice.

I mentioned this in another forum, but phrasing and word choice changes everything.  It's the difference between telling someone, "You're wrong." and "I don't quite agree with you."

Let's play a game!  Which one should you say???

Under curtain A is

Get the f*** out.  You don't have a f***** ED you wannarexic.  You think I like having an ED?  It's like shoving f****** shards of glass up my a** at just the thought of food.  Go cry over at MyFitnessPal.  Cause we aint helping you get an ED or giving you tips.

And under curtain B is

An ED isn't as glorious as it seems.  I cry at the thought of having to eat a cupcake with my brother on his birthday.  :(  Frail hair, constantly shivering, that comes with the pain of dreading a single bite of food.  And every day tears you down.  Escape while you can.  Try going to MyFitnessPal.  They have great tips for losing weight and I'm sure you'll find a place to fit in there.

Tough decision folks.  Which one will you choose???

(Sorry for the sarcasm.  I'm avoiding an essay right now. :ph34r: )

• Dancing Queen Dani, lacilia, tea_bee and 22 others like this

Spoiler
^Stats 'n Shit

tumblr_olkz4nB6XP1u7yw0so1_500.gif

#20 moth monarch

moth monarch

Advanced Sage

• Members
  • 2145 posts
  • Locationsumwhere w/ a side of nunya

Posted 09 June 2014 - 10:54 PM

Hey guys. So I've noticed a handful of members attacking new members on the forum telling them to leave if they don't have an eating disorder. I've also noticed that 90% of the time it's in a very malicious and cruel way. 

Reminder:

In the rules it states "The most Important Rule on this forum: NO PASSING JUDGEMENT ON OTHER PEOPLE. This community is for people who have been touched with anything related to an Eating Disorder or suffering from body image problems. It is open for all, as well as for those who in recovery or seeking help. Likewise it is open for those who want to learn more about weight loss, those who need to learn more about eating disorders, and those who have been afflicted with an eating disorder their whole life."

Please remember that rule and don't attack other members on this site. If we keep seeing repeated offenders we will send a verbal warning. If it continues you'll receive warning points. 

Question. I've been posting alot in the introductions to kinda keep this from happening. 

One girl said I was being rude & I didn't think I was. I'd like your opinion. 

"Hi love! 

Welcome to mpa. 
While we are pro ana, most of us don't like to give out tips to babies such as yourself. 
There are other places to find them, if you must. 
But before you start with the tips. 
Post around, get to know the seniors on mpa, make some friends, & then ask for tips. 
It seems a bit odd, for you to ask for them straight off the bat. 
& even when you're well known here, people might not share tips with you. 
The basis of mpa is to support each other through our ED's. 
Some will give you want you want, some will not. 
In any matter, please do be safe in your endeavors. " 

^^is that rude?  :mellow:

I can try to be more careful with my wording in the future. I guess.

• Jacquelyn, Char75, Wackie and 1 other like this

XIO3w4c.png

bitch princess. hurricane of emotions. second guesser. coffee addict.
tumblr_inline_n0o1hvQSy31qid2nw.gifadviser of the adorabletumblr_inline_n0o1huqTTs1qid2nw.gif 
tumblr_inline_mu7vdc4fpy1r37k2u.gif

0 days w/o a binge
4 lbs lost in may

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users