30's with a teenager - Parents with ED - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

30's with a teenager

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Nae777

Nae777

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationAZ

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:49 PM

Hi you all,

I am in my 30's and I have a daughter who is 16, I am new to this site. I have struggled with my ED since I was 14. I am worried that my daughter is starting to get an ED as well. Probably from seeing me, my Mom struggles from anorexia as and so did my grandmother, I really would like to break the cycle.

• RPMXCDWGZm likes this

5'2 1/2    start weight: 126     current weight: 126    1st goal weight: 115     2nd goal weight: 110   3rd goal weight: 105   :) 

#2 wind

wind

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:40 AM

Hi!!  I am in my 30's as well.  I have a teenage son and a 10 year old daughter that watch what I eat very carefully.  I worry about the example I am setting for them.  Have you talked to your daughter about the pain and hardship of having an ED?

#3 ginganinja1980

ginganinja1980

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts
  • LocationBelfast, Northern Ireland

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:49 AM

if it helps im 32 have had ed since i was 15 spoken to my mum about it and she never had it but i have an addictive personatly according to my doctor.  I have just given birth to a baby girl and im gonna watch her like a hawk but im now trying to get down to my original size, and hopefully will be eating healthier by then i hope.  And on to a different subject how do i shift this extra belly weight ive put on at least 3 stone or 50lbs and i cant shift it !!!

age 32 

height 5'7

SW    196

CW    181lbs 

GW1  140lbs

GW2 120lbs

GW3 110lbs

GW    90lbs  (For now!)

LW     60lbs

HW    196lbs

if you don't try you'll never  

People read my blog its full of great things hehe!!

#4 not_a_talker2013

not_a_talker2013

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:06 PM

There's the national eating disorder association, they have a link to finding help and support on their page (I'm assuming your from USA)

The sky was there before the clouds gathered, and it will be there after they have gone.  It is also present when the clouds cover every inch of sky we can see -: The Dalai Lama

#5 Jeanine

Jeanine

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:17 AM

Hi, forgive me to respond on this, but I saw it and because I'm a teenager as well I hope I can 'help' you with this thing. Forgive me if it's nonsense, just trying to help :)
I think you should really try to break the cycle. My best friends fasts all day, cause that's the example her mother gave her.

You could show her how to eat on a healthy way, and how to enjoy food. (though you might not like it)

She must know food isn't your enemy. Now you're still able to convince her about that.

When my parents told me I should eat healthy and that an ED will stay with you forever I stopped losing weight and gained a few pounds.

Though it didn't work forever cause I was already too deep in it, it worked for a while.

If your daughter is getting an ED you should talk with her, tell her all about it, how it won't make her happier. Make receipts with her, show her that you can be healthy and thin without an ED.

Good luck! :)

'Will I ever be happy?' he asked me. I shaked my head. 'No.' I answered. 'People like us aren't made to be happy. We can experience seconds, moments of happiness, but we won't be happy like the others. It's destiny. No one can change it.'

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users