Mono Experiment Results of 'Risky' Foods - Page 10 - Mono diet - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Mono Experiment Results of 'Risky' Foods

mono diet experiment results chocolate risky fear foods weight loss weekly weekend

• Please log in to reply
391 replies to this topic

#181 Winterfae

Winterfae

Twilight's Dawn

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15534 posts
  • LocationNot Flirting With You from The Twisted Kingdom

Posted 21 May 2018 - 02:24 PM

I'm on an ice cream mono today! Wasn't planning on having this much but suddenyl after one bite I was ·so hungry· I just wanted moore.... scare but hopefully i won't gain..too much..

Good luck, let me know how it goes! I have been meaning to try an ice cream mono, I've only tried with Halo Top before.

The Abyss: Through-the-Twisted-Kingdom
Fae's Fantastic Guide To Flirting: Fabulous Fuck-ups & How To Avoid Them (A.K.A Awkward Aspie Anecdotes & Appalling Alliteration)

Fae Tales & Spoken Word Poetry: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheVioletRaven/
"I am a Titan. A Monolith. Nothing can stop me." ~ "Not finished yet. Still have work to do."

Stats Challenges:

Spoiler

#182 Winterfae

Winterfae

Twilight's Dawn

• Accountability access
  • 15534 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 02:33 PM

PEANUT BUTTER MONO

Intake: <380g Pics Peanut Butter

Water: 3L

Cost: £3.35
Cals In: 2210 (approx.)
Cals Out: 1800 (approx.)
BM: Yes

RESULTS:
-1.3lbs

NOTES:
Ate at the right times, regular intervals, not after 8pm, did a little walking but no other exercise. The PB was AMAZING; the best I have ever had, something about the roasted flavour and how intense it was. It was so satisfying, in fact, that rather than eat the entire 380g jar as I expected I would, I was able to stop when I was satiated and leave a bit at the end. I am not sure that it was exactly 300g consumed as per my gram limit, but probably very close. It also helped me drink a lot of water, which I think was a big factor in the weight loss - pretty sure most of that was water/food weight. Definitely worth it and would try again to see if I get such good results a second time.

CONCLUSION:

Highly successful mono. Cured my PB craving, made me drink plenty of water, and I lost weight!

• Star_Light and SeulgisAbs like this

Fae's Fantastic Guide To Flirting: Fabulous Fuck-ups & How To Avoid Them (A.K.A Awkward Aspie Anecdotes & Appalling Alliteration)

"I am a Titan. A Monolith. Nothing can stop me." ~ "Not finished yet. Still have work to do."

Stats Challenges:

Spoiler

#183 Tangerine33

Tangerine33

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 08:32 PM

This is so exciting to read. Thank you! I'd like to see an apple mono. I did this for three days and got rather good results but I'd like to know if it's repeatable. I drank water and apple juice, are whole apples, and sugar free applesauce.

• Winterfae likes this

Accountability

CW: 177.2 BMI: 28.8 OVERWEIGHT 5/23
GW1: under 190 by 4/17 completed 4/15 
GW2: 180 5/15 completed 5/5

GW3: 170 6/15  goal gift: mani/pedi

GW4: 160 7/15  goal gift: wall decor or google speaker

GW5: 150 8/25 goal gift: hair project
UGW: 145 10/15  goal gift - tiny retreat or tattoo!

#184 Winterfae

Winterfae

Twilight's Dawn

• Accountability access
  • 15534 posts

Posted 28 May 2018 - 05:55 PM

This is so exciting to read. Thank you! I'd like to see an apple mono. I did this for three days and got rather good results but I'd like to know if it's repeatable. I drank water and apple juice, are whole apples, and sugar free applesauce.

That sounds really appealing right now. I am thinking with the weather atm fruit ones or ice cream might be the next monos I try.

Stats Challenges:

Spoiler

#185 Winterfae

Winterfae

Twilight's Dawn

• Accountability access
  • 15534 posts

Posted 28 May 2018 - 05:56 PM

Just to let everyone know I will be away from tomorrow until Saturday so if I can manage to get a weight and source mono food I will try to do one on Sunday but otherwise it might be into next week before I can get another experiment in.

Hope everyone has a great week :) let me know what you are all up to if you're trying any monos yourselves this week.

• Star_Light and Emilyflo93 like this

Stats Challenges:

Spoiler

#186 Emilyflo93

Emilyflo93

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 June 2018 - 06:21 AM

Following
  • Winterfae likes this

#187 Winterfae

Winterfae

Twilight's Dawn

• Accountability access
  • 15534 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 04:15 AM

Following

Thank you :)

Stats Challenges:

Spoiler

#188 tag bank

tag bank

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 04:07 PM

Good luck, let me know how it goes! I have been meaning to try an ice cream mono, I've only tried with Halo Top before.

Ahh sorry didn't see this! I maintained,,but I have been maintaining for a while so :/
  • Winterfae likes this
I don’t even know wtf I’m doing here anymore

#189 Chana3

Chana3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 04 June 2018 - 06:51 AM

Ahh sorry didn't see this! I maintained,,but I have been maintaining for a while so :/

I did ben and jerry's cheesecake mono and lost 0.4kg. Eat one pint
  • Winterfae likes this

#190 Winterfae

Winterfae

Twilight's Dawn

• Accountability access
  • 15534 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 04:22 AM

For the next 10 days I am on a protein sparing modified fast so I'll be doing some protein shake monos and it might be a good opportunity to try some of the monos from the protein list like lean chicken.

In 10 days time I will be carb loading before an event so I might use that opportunity to do a carb mono, or maybe something easy to digest like banana, I'll see how I feel when I get there. I'll be doing one day at a time and breaking it up with the PSMF days in between. If you are interested in the PSMF I will be trying to keep my accountability updates even on non-mono days - otherwise I'll update here when I have done some of the protein shake monos :)

• Star_Light likes this

Stats Challenges:

Spoiler

#191 Winterfae

Winterfae

Twilight's Dawn

• Accountability access
  • 15534 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 05:55 AM

Confession: I haven't done any monos, I keep ending up in situations where I won't have a scale the next morning, and also being caught in a b/p cycle. Hopeful to start over on it this week, I need it but I keep slipping up! Hope everyone else is doing well!

Stats Challenges:

Spoiler

#192 Winterfae

Winterfae

Twilight's Dawn

• Accountability access
  • 15534 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 05:12 PM

Still hampered by the lack of motivation, and I keep staying at my bfs when I would rather be at home where my scales are :/

I have my protein shake mono all laid out at home and I really want to get on with it. Hang in here with me guys, I will get to it.

Stats Challenges:

Spoiler

#193 Winterfae

Winterfae

Twilight's Dawn

• Accountability access
  • 15534 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 06:26 PM

FINALLY going to have access to scales and to my mono shakes. This is it. at last getting to test out a 4 day mono I have been wanting to do for AGES! Wish me luck, been in binge mode so this will be hard work but I am so determined to do this.

Stats Challenges:

Spoiler

#194 SkinnyDesire595

SkinnyDesire595

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • LocationSalisbury UK

Posted 23 June 2018 - 09:43 AM

love this thread!! following x

• Winterfae likes this

“For one moment we are not failed tests and broken condoms and cheating on essays; we are crayons and lunch boxes and swinging so high our sneakers punch holes in the clouds.” 

― Laurie Halse AndersonWintergirls

“People say they love you. But what they mean is they love how loving you makes them feel about themselves.”

To The Bone

Height 5'5

HW 118 lbs

LW 93 lbs

CW 105lbs

tumblr nohbx2Ku1h1uvsg16o1 500
tumblr nohc32RXCO1uvsg16o1 500

#195 PvmpkinPi

PvmpkinPi

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationBC, Canada

Posted 23 June 2018 - 12:56 PM

I wish I could try a Halo Top mono one day... Unfortunately, I can't find it here (Canada).

Regarding your confession/lesson, I'm the same... I can't keep large amounts of food in my house either.

Anyway, good luck for your next monos! Your thread is very interesting. :)

not sure if anyone's replied to this as I'm not all the way through the thread but Superstore and Save On Foods have it now!

• Winterfae likes this

#196 PvmpkinPi

PvmpkinPi

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationBC, Canada

Posted 23 June 2018 - 01:14 PM

I've been mono'ing for the past couple days to get my weight back down from constant binging and I have lost 4.9 lbs in 2 days!! then again I haven't really been eating more than 1000 cals (unintentionally I just get sick of things easily) but yesterday I had 3 alcoholic drinks and I was so scared it would screw up my results but I was so shocked when I weighed in this morning I'm actually so excited to get back down to my lw

• Winterfae likes this

#197 Winterfae

Winterfae

Twilight's Dawn

• Accountability access
  • 15534 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 05:59 PM

USN PROTEIN SHAKE MONO

Intake: 4x USN Low carb vanilla ice cream flavour protein shake sachets, made with 500ml water each

Water: 1L

Cost: £4
Cals In: 528
Cals Out: 1800 (approx.)
BM: Yes

RESULTS:
0lbs

NOTES:
Has a slight chemical aftertaste but otherwise does taste a lot like ice cream, especially when mixed with ice as well as the water. Satisfying and another plus side is I started craving vegetables for the next day.

CONCLUSION:

Can't say it was a failure even though I remained the same weight as I think I was re-hydrating after a b/p cycle and it made me drink plenty of fluids and reduced any sweet cravings I was having. A good one for summer as I made it up with ice, and reduced a lot of bloating I was having from previous b/p.

Stats Challenges:

Spoiler

#198 Winterfae

Winterfae

Twilight's Dawn

• Accountability access
  • 15534 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 07:27 AM

I did a cherry bakewell flavour usn shake mono and lost 0.2kg but i'll update fully later. In the middle of nowhere wih barely and signal atm

Stats Challenges:

Spoiler

#199 Winterfae

Winterfae

Twilight's Dawn

• Accountability access
  • 15534 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 05:19 PM

Hi all, been away from this thread for a long time mainly struggling with b/p episodes so my weight is really high atm.
I am doing a 3 day Halo Top mono starting with Mint Chip today. Will update results tomorrow.

• Star_Light likes this

Stats Challenges:

Spoiler

#200 Star_Light

Star_Light

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2187 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 05:30 PM

I'm sorry you've been struggling ! But I am so happy that this thread is back, it's so interesting.

Mono thread (different monos and results) :

https://www.myproana...chocolate-eggs/

Positivity thread :

https://www.myproana...s-pixie-dust-☀/

tumblr_m3xy3v8SV81rodiav.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mono, diet, experiment, results, chocolate, risky, fear foods, weight loss, weekly, weekend

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users