Mono Experiment Results of 'Risky' Foods - Page 14 - Mono diet - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Mono Experiment Results of 'Risky' Foods

mono diet experiment results chocolate risky fear foods weight loss weekly weekend

• Please log in to reply
391 replies to this topic

#261 Winterfae

Winterfae

Twilight's Dawn

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15534 posts
  • LocationNot Flirting With You from The Twisted Kingdom

Posted 05 April 2019 - 11:22 AM

Hope to get in either a vegan protein shake mono or a Halo Top mono this weekend but I'll see what I'm craving. I've been meaning to do an Angel Delight/chocolate jello pudding one for ages now as well so that's on the cards.

The Abyss: Through-the-Twisted-Kingdom
Fae's Fantastic Guide To Flirting: Fabulous Fuck-ups & How To Avoid Them (A.K.A Awkward Aspie Anecdotes & Appalling Alliteration)

Fae Tales & Spoken Word Poetry: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheVioletRaven/
"I am a Titan. A Monolith. Nothing can stop me." ~ "Not finished yet. Still have work to do."

Stats Challenges:

Spoiler

#262 skinnybread

skinnybread

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • Locationdown under

Posted 07 April 2019 - 07:02 AM

I've tried vanilla jello mono for 3 days and it worked out great for me! (-0.8~1kg). Hope to hear good results on your chocolate jello mono too! 

Been here since 2014 - Deleted my account in an attempt to "not relapse", but guess who still relapsed lmao.

Height: 169 HW: 75 KG LW: 58 KG

GW 1: 65KG β™₯ GW 2: 60KG

GW 3: 57KG β™₯ GW4: 54KG 

UGW: 51KG 

giphy.gif

i'm getting fat again !!!!!!!!!!

#263 Winterfae

Winterfae

Twilight's Dawn

• Accountability access
  • 15534 posts

Posted 27 August 2019 - 05:35 PM

Hi everyone, back after a LONG break!

I haven't been happy with my weight for months, and even though my original parameters for the mono experiments were to be at a safe weight for me, I feel I have nothing to lose (except weight) by trying to use a series of monos this week to kill some of my cravings. If it works I'll go back to a regular schedule of experimental monos. Even if i don't manage to make a regular commitment to trying a new one each week like before, this thread will always be here as reference for you to see how different ones worked out for me.

Fae's Fantastic Guide To Flirting: Fabulous Fuck-ups & How To Avoid Them (A.K.A Awkward Aspie Anecdotes & Appalling Alliteration)

"I am a Titan. A Monolith. Nothing can stop me." ~ "Not finished yet. Still have work to do."

Stats Challenges:

Spoiler

#264 Winterfae

Winterfae

Twilight's Dawn

• Accountability access
  • 15534 posts

Posted 27 August 2019 - 05:37 PM

RICH MILK CHOCOLATE MONO (DAY 1)

SW: 55.8kg (I feel gross compared to my weights when I started this thread. Bear with me, I'm getting back there)

Intake: 400g Lidl Rich Milk Chocolate

Water: 3L

Cost: Β£2.78
Cals In: 2308
Cals Out: 1423
BM: Yes

RESULTS:

CW: 55.3kg
-0.5kg/1.1lb

NOTES:
Not hungry, but slightly dizzy and tired during the day.

CONCLUSION:

Definitely a safe bet for me. I haven't logged my chocolate monos in this thread before because they are considered to be 'safe' and the original point was to try out things that might have a risk of failure. However I feel like having a masterlist of all my experiments including near-guarunteed successful ones would be useful.

• Zenthereal and MadForGarlic like this

Stats Challenges:

Spoiler

#265 Winterfae

Winterfae

Twilight's Dawn

• Accountability access
  • 15534 posts

Posted 27 August 2019 - 05:55 PM

MIXED MONO WHITE CHOCOLATE & CHEESE (DAY 2)

SW: 55.3kg

Intake: 290g White Chocolate (Lidl White Chocolate + off-brand white chocolate)

8x Ilchester light cheese portions 160g, and 200g mozzarella

Cost: Β£6.29
Cals In: 2769
Cal Breakdown: 1659 (chocolate) + 499 (light cheese) + 558 (buffalo mozzarella)
Cals Out: 2507

RESULTS:

CW: 55.1kg
-0.2kg/0.44lb

NOTES:
Felt fine, went for a 2 mile run and no ill effects. Went a walk to get white chocolate after the gym in the evening and the huge 24 hour supermarket didn't have any so I ended up buying cheese in a fit of impulsiveness, and ate it all on the way home, hence the mixed mono.

Shocked that I still lost on this. I was so close to purging after the cheese, glad I didn't and I've shown myself that even large cal intakes of junk aren't as bad as multiple b/p's when it comes to weight. I am not quite sickened of chocolate yet (possibly because of the variety provided by the cheese) so I've decided to keep this going until I can't stand the thought of any more chocolate, then do some fruit and veg monos or a juice fast before I start experimenting with some other foods.

CONCLUSION:
Mixed monos actually work?!

• Zenthereal likes this

Stats Challenges:

Spoiler

#266 Winterfae

Winterfae

Twilight's Dawn

• Accountability access
  • 15534 posts

Posted 27 August 2019 - 05:56 PM

I've tried vanilla jello mono for 3 days and it worked out great for me! (-0.8~1kg). Hope to hear good results on your chocolate jello mono too! 

Sorry for the hugely late reply! Thank you for this, I never got the chance in the end so the chocolate jello mono is still on the cards for me. Good for you with the vanilla one! Sounds really good :)

Stats Challenges:

Spoiler

#267 Zenthereal

Zenthereal

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1639 posts

Posted 27 August 2019 - 07:10 PM

Great to see you updating here again, welcome back! I find threads like this soooo interesting! Can't wait to read more mono experiments!

Height: 170cm

LW: 48kg

:o CW: 63.6g

:wub: UGW 48kg

Egg Mono

#268 Winterfae

Winterfae

Twilight's Dawn

• Accountability access
  • 15534 posts

Posted 28 August 2019 - 02:50 AM

Great to see you updating here again, welcome back! I find threads like this soooo interesting! Can't wait to read more mono experiments!

Thank you! I am all over the place (literally) in the summertime so I don't get online enough or have a stable enough base to run my experiments. It's quite exciting to get back into, I enjoy making a catalogue like this, it's nice to hear you enjoy reading them :)

• Zenthereal likes this

Stats Challenges:

Spoiler

#269 Winterfae

Winterfae

Twilight's Dawn

• Accountability access
  • 15534 posts

Posted 28 August 2019 - 03:06 AM

ALDI VANILLA WHITE CHOCOLATE (DAY 3)

SW: 55.1kg

Intake: 200g Moser Roth (Aldi) Madagascan Vanilla White Chocolate

Cost: Β£2.78
Cals In: 1180
Cals Out: 2041
(took 2 senna tablets yesterday)

RESULTS:

CW: 54.6kg
-0.5kg/1.1lb

NOTES:
Didn't have any supplies in the morning so it was about 3pm by the time I got to the shop I needed that had white chocolate. There is national shortage or something. I know for a fact that both Green & Blacks, and Lindor do white chocolate and there is none in any of the shops I tried. Good old Aldi saved the day and I had actually want to try this one for a while now anyway. It tastes like ice cream! Quite rich though. I ended up burning a lot of cals just walking today so my TDEE is high again (see the difference from Day 1 when I had a really lazy day, to yesterday and today.) I was at nearly a thousand cals of deficit so it makes sense I would lose. This wasn't intentional, I actually bought 3x 125g packs, and intended to eat all of it, but I crashed out at about 5.30pm and when I woke up I thought I had eaten 3 packs except for 2 bars that I wasn't in the mood for. When I woke up I found one of the packs was unopened so I'd had 125g less than I thought. I didn't feel hungry or crave eating any more.

CONCLUSION:
Success, but not an accurate mono experiment since I forgot to eat enough!

• Zenthereal likes this

Stats Challenges:

Spoiler

#270 Winterfae

Winterfae

Twilight's Dawn

• Accountability access
  • 15534 posts

Posted 28 August 2019 - 03:17 AM

A side note on why I'm eating mainly Lidl and Aldi own brand chocolate, and why I was looking for Lindor and Green & Blacks instead of cheap supermarket brand, or why I wouldn't just buy a Milkybar when I couldn't find the 'right' white chocolate.

I have been making a huge effort in the last few years to change my habits as a consumer and reduce, and eventually completely eliminate plastic packaging. Lidl, Aldi, and brands of luxury chocolate are packaged in cardboard boxes, or wrapped in paper which can be recycled, where the plastic wrap on most bars can't. They are also Fairtrade (and Green & Blacks is organic), which in addition to encouraging better conditions and wages for workers, also encourages better environmental standards.

I don't know that this is something anyone else takes into consideration but from now on I will include this as additional information in each post, since it matters to me. My ED is possibly the worst aspect of my life for unsustainability, so I want to change that and also make others aware. Our ethical choices can make others think about their own, and maybe even change their practices too.

• Zenthereal likes this

Stats Challenges:

Spoiler

#271 Winterfae

Winterfae

Twilight's Dawn

• Accountability access
  • 15534 posts

Posted 28 August 2019 - 03:56 AM

Day 4 of the chocolate mono will be Aldi Moser Roth White Mousse Filled Chocolate.

Stats Challenges:

Spoiler

#272 Winterfae

Winterfae

Twilight's Dawn

• Accountability access
  • 15534 posts

Posted 28 August 2019 - 08:24 AM

TMI POST
Spoiler

• MadForGarlic likes this

Stats Challenges:

Spoiler

#273 Zenthereal

Zenthereal

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1639 posts

Posted 28 August 2019 - 08:26 AM

I love white chocolate so I know what you mean re the TMI post, lol!

Height: 170cm

LW: 48kg

:o CW: 63.6g

:wub: UGW 48kg

Egg Mono

#274 Winterfae

Winterfae

Twilight's Dawn

• Accountability access
  • 15534 posts

Posted 28 August 2019 - 08:29 AM

I love white chocolate so I know what you mean re the TMI post, lol!

Haha yeah, sort of expected yet still a bit of a surprise. Now I know lol.
  • Zenthereal likes this

Stats Challenges:

Spoiler

#275 Winterfae

Winterfae

Twilight's Dawn

• Accountability access
  • 15534 posts

Posted 29 August 2019 - 03:38 AM

ALDI WHITE MOUSSE CHOCOLATE (DAY 4)

SW: 54.6kg

Intake: 200g Moser Roth (Aldi) White Mousse au Chocolat
Packagaing: Recyclable. Card outer and wrapped individual bars (not recyclable)
Sustainability: Fairtrade, but contains palm oil :(

Cost: Β£3.98
Cals In: 2330
Cals Out: 2617
BM: Yes (see TMI post above if you need details)

RESULTS:

CW: 54.2kg
-0.4kg/0.88lb

NOTES:
Getting pretty difficult to stomach white chocolate. I was on the hunt for Lindor white chocolate for tomorrow and while I didn't find any I think even if I had I might not have bought it. Looking at all the different types in the evening after a day of chocolate made me slightly nauseous. I seriously considered breaking the mono today with fruit instead, but when I weighed I am still losing and that gave me a bit of enthusiasm left, plus I would really like to see this through to the end and hopefully get the point where I break it because I truly can't stand the sight of chocolate.
Did an interval session 10x 1min walk, 1 min run, and a few pilates exercises, plus I walked about 10 miles total during a hot day so my cal output was very high for me. Felt fine for all that, even got tired at a decent time and went to bed before midnight!

CONCLUSION:
Success, mousse filled chocolate seems just as 'safe' as regular.

• Zenthereal likes this

Stats Challenges:

Spoiler

#276 Winterfae

Winterfae

Twilight's Dawn

• Accountability access
  • 15534 posts

Posted 29 August 2019 - 03:42 AM

Today's mono is NOT white chocolate! It will be Lindt's Lindor bar chocolate. Relieved at the change tbh! Still not totally over chocolate, there are a few luxury brands I think I could get enthused about but aisles of chocolate no longer tempt me, and the cheaper more sugary kinds I've been put off entirely.

• Zenthereal likes this

Stats Challenges:

Spoiler

#277 tag bank

tag bank

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 30 August 2019 - 01:02 AM

Ooh this thread is back!! 😸😸 I’m doing a Nutella mono today because I can’t stop b/p and gaining..
  • Winterfae likes this
I don’t even know wtf I’m doing here anymore

#278 Winterfae

Winterfae

Twilight's Dawn

• Accountability access
  • 15534 posts

Posted 30 August 2019 - 03:25 AM

Ooh this thread is back!! I’m doing a Nutella mono today because I can’t stop b/p and gaining..

Yep, back again! :)

Good luck, I STILL haven't tried nutella, I hope it's a good one! I find it a good reset, I gained about 7kgs from b/p and this has helped me stop b/p for 5 days in a row and I'm losing somehow at the same time, plus getting sick of the sight of chocolate. Win in my eyes. Starting to crave normal healthy foods again!

• tag bank likes this

Stats Challenges:

Spoiler

#279 Winterfae

Winterfae

Twilight's Dawn

• Accountability access
  • 15534 posts

Posted 30 August 2019 - 03:52 AM

LIDNT LINDOR FILLED CHOCOLATE (DAY 5)

SW: 54.2kg
BF% 23.3 (12.6kg)

Intake: 380g Lindt Lindor Smooth Milk filled bar
Packagaing: Recyclable. Card outer, foil inner. 
Sustainability: Lindt Cocoa Foundation, contains palm oil https://www.lindt-sp...sustainability/

Water: 3.5L

Cost: Β£6 (2 for Β£3 at Asda)
Cals In: 2363
Cals Out: 2062
BM: Yes (again, see TMI post above)

RESULTS:

CW: 53.6kg
-0.6kg/1.3lb
BF% 23.3 (12.5kgs)
-0.1kg Fat

NOTES:
Somehow while my desire for white chocolate has dimmed the craving for chocolate as a whole is still present. Ate 300g initially and then I got hungry or craving food so I had more. Made sure to keep my fluid intake up since I walked a lot during the day again. Energy levels seem fine, slight headache (level 1/10) but not unusual.

I would like to report that at this point I feel terrible, lethargic, and my skin is breaking out but I actually feel fine. I am doing everything I would normally do in a week, and weirdly my skin seems to be better than it was while I was alternately restricting and b/p. This could be because I am taking better care of it since I was away much of the summer and my routine could be out. I don't want to suggest a chocolate diet is good for skin!
I am also experiencing some digestive problems as discussed above so I've started taking probiotics because I'm worried what this is doing to my gut flora.
I've started to chew a piece of Peppersmith dental gum after meals that I can't clean my teeth because I am a bit concerned about oral health too. This might be considered breaking the mono in the strictest terms but I also drink weak herbal teas and count them as water and it's never affected my results.

As you will see I have started tracking my Body Fat % as I was doing before. The reason I stopped was I was so embarassed at how high it got. It has been consistently in the 23% range all week, so I probably am losing a bit of fat and mainly water. I will record this consistently from now on.

CONCLUSION:
Shockingly still losing. If I were reading this thread I would be thinking it was a trick by now.

• MadForGarlic and Machistxtt like this

Stats Challenges:

Spoiler

#280 Winterfae

Winterfae

Twilight's Dawn

• Accountability access
  • 15534 posts

Posted 30 August 2019 - 03:55 AM

Today's mono will be Galaxy Salted Caramel. Going to try and up my water intake to make sure I don't retain water from the extra salt, and also because I am getting slight headaches. I think I could be dehydrated because though I am drinking a lot of water I am getting no liquids from foods which I would if I were eating salads, fruits and veg.

• Machistxtt likes this

Stats Challenges:

Spoiler

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mono, diet, experiment, results, chocolate, risky, fear foods, weight loss, weekly, weekend

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users