Mono Experiment Results of 'Risky' Foods - Page 17 - Mono diet - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Mono Experiment Results of 'Risky' Foods

mono diet experiment results chocolate risky fear foods weight loss weekly weekend

• Please log in to reply
391 replies to this topic

#321 Winterfae

Winterfae

Twilight's Dawn

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15385 posts
  • LocationNot Flirting With You from The Twisted Kingdom

Posted 08 October 2019 - 04:11 PM

Following! This thread is so fascinating that I read all posts at once! I have very bad binge(b/p ) tendency and often have a very specific craving, so mono maybe works well for me too! Thank you for the great thread OP!

Thank you!
And you're welcome! I'm glad it's helpful for you to read and I hope that if you do try it out yourself it gives you a break from the b/p cycle. It certainly helps me a lot and has changed how I binge too, I no longer eat as much chocolate overall during binges because my mindset about it has changed. I still struggle with b/p but by making certain things not forbidden foods anymore I think I am altering my attitude to them over time.

• MadForGarlic likes this

The Abyss: Through-the-Twisted-Kingdom
Fae's Fantastic Guide To Flirting: Fabulous Fuck-ups & How To Avoid Them (A.K.A Awkward Aspie Anecdotes & Appalling Alliteration)

Fae Tales & Spoken Word Poetryhttps://www.youtube.com/user/TheVioletRaven/
"I am a Titan. A Monolith. Nothing can stop me." ~ "Not finished yet. Still have work to do."

Stats  Challenges:

Spoiler

#322 Winterfae

Winterfae

Twilight's Dawn

• Accountability access
  • 15385 posts

Posted 11 October 2019 - 01:03 PM

Out of interest, I lost 1.3kg (2.8lbs) the first day of fasting, then 0.8kg (1.7lbs) the next.

The first day was obviously water and food weight, I'd gained dramatically before so isn't a good measure.

The second day though, is a comparable loss to the best of my mono days, cashew butter, mint halo top, and white chocolate.

I'll be interested to see how it progresses and especially to compare a week of fasting with the week long chocolate mono.

• Zenthereal and Star_Light like this

Fae's Fantastic Guide To Flirting: Fabulous Fuck-ups & How To Avoid Them (A.K.A Awkward Aspie Anecdotes & Appalling Alliteration)

"I am a Titan. A Monolith. Nothing can stop me." ~ "Not finished yet. Still have work to do."

Stats  Challenges:

Spoiler

#323 Winterfae

Winterfae

Twilight's Dawn

• Accountability access
  • 15385 posts

Posted 14 October 2019 - 12:27 PM

Fasting/Mono Comparison

6 days chocolate = -2.2kg/4.8lbs
6 days of fasting = -2.8kg/6.1lbs

Difference of 0.6kg/1.3lbs

Over a week, the chocolate mono at least is almost comparable weight loss to outright fasting. This is fascinating for me. I can't explain why this should be the case, but I wanted to share it here.

In future, I will be seriously considering if I need to lose 5ish lbs in a week, that I could do so by using monos instead of fasting. I have a deep and nostalgic affection for fasting. But in everything they help me with (i.e. stop binging and have more energy) the chocolate mono seems to have done too, without the bounce-back at the end.

After the 6 day chocolate mono, I did some normal eating, and gained back only 0.2kg/0.4lb. After a fast it could easily be 1kg/2.2lbs of water and food weight. So that means the mono could actually be more effective in the long term as, I would be more likely to gain from food after a fast, but also more likely to go back to serious binging, where with monos even if I binge a couple of times in the week, I can reliably lose at the weekend on a mono.

• Zenthereal, Star_Light, cjmy and 1 other like this

Stats  Challenges:

Spoiler

#324 SnowflakeThin

SnowflakeThin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 14 October 2019 - 02:56 PM

Fasting/Mono Comparison

6 days chocolate = -2.2kg/4.8lbs
6 days of fasting = -2.8kg/6.1lbs

Difference of 0.6kg/1.3lbs

Over a week, the chocolate mono at least is almost comparable weight loss to outright fasting. This is fascinating for me. I can't explain why this should be the case, but I wanted to share it here.

In future, I will be seriously considering if I need to lose 5ish lbs in a week, that I could do so by using monos instead of fasting. I have a deep and nostalgic affection for fasting. But in everything they help me with (i.e. stop binging and have more energy) the chocolate mono seems to have done too, without the bounce-back at the end.

After the 6 day chocolate mono, I did some normal eating, and gained back only 0.2kg/0.4lb. After a fast it could easily be 1kg/2.2lbs of water and food weight. So that means the mono could actually be more effective in the long term as, I would be more likely to gain from food after a fast, but also more likely to go back to serious binging, where with monos even if I binge a couple of times in the week, I can reliably lose at the weekend on a mono.

Oh wow those are some amazing results! Could I ask how much chocolate on average did you eat daily during the chocolate mono?

ugw: 128

#325 Winterfae

Winterfae

Twilight's Dawn

• Accountability access
  • 15385 posts

Posted 14 October 2019 - 06:30 PM

Oh wow those are some amazing results! Could I ask how much chocolate on average did you eat daily during the chocolate mono?

300g per day which was the recommendation for my weight category. I think if you go back just 2 or 3 pages you can see what I had specifically each day as I was doing a daily report.
I just checked: page 15 is the final results and page 14 is all the daily reports :)

• SnowflakeThin likes this

Stats  Challenges:

Spoiler

#326 Seph

Seph

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 21 October 2019 - 01:05 PM

Wha--hang on. Dang. At a significantly sub-20 BMI you're doing chocolate monos of 200g-400g a day and seeing weight loss? I am amazed and fascinated by this. And suddenly for the first time tempted to try monos, lol.

#327 Star_Light

Star_Light

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2187 posts

Posted 21 October 2019 - 01:08 PM

Wha--hang on. Dang. At a significantly sub-20 BMI you're doing chocolate monos of 200g-400g a day and seeing weight loss? I am amazed and fascinated by this. And suddenly for the first time tempted to try monos, lol.

Sorry for hijacking this a bit, but I've had the same results. No matter my BMI, I always lose on chocolate mono, and I'd eat between 200-500g. I think the lowest BMI where I tried one was 16.5 or something like that. It really is magical lol.

Mono thread (different monos and results) :

https://www.myproana...chocolate-eggs/

Positivity thread :

https://www.myproana...s-pixie-dust-☀/

tumblr_m3xy3v8SV81rodiav.gif

#328 Seph

Seph

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 21 October 2019 - 01:19 PM

I'd vaguely heard of mono diets before, and kind of considered them over a week or so thinking maybe once I got tired of the food I'd eat little enough of it to make the calories work out. It's only been today I've taken a proper look at the idea and realised the whole "messing with your digestive system" aspect of it; I'm fascinated now, and increasingly tempted to give some monos a try! My BMI is - well let's just say I won't be posting it in my sig any time soon lmao - I'm veeeery much a bulimic rather than anything else, of the kind that is not likely to get to underweight *eyeroll* so I'm thinking if it works even for you guys, maybe it'll work as well for me with my higher BMR.

#329 Winterfae

Winterfae

Twilight's Dawn

• Accountability access
  • 15385 posts

Posted 22 October 2019 - 02:48 PM

Yes.
I'm in shock too tbh.
My BMI has been consistently between 16-18 in all these experiments the past couple of years, and pretty much every time, I lost.

I started this monos mostly to disprove what everyone said about them. I was so convinced it was a scam. And it's not. I have no real explanation why I can lose nearly the same on monos as on fasts. But there it is.

I don't think it's a healthy thing to get hooked on tbh, and I've never recommended anyone do it just in case there are long term side effects I'm not seeing yet. But yeah, I get the temptation. I was the same when I first saw some results threads.

• Star_Light likes this

Stats  Challenges:

Spoiler

#330 Winterfae

Winterfae

Twilight's Dawn

• Accountability access
  • 15385 posts

Posted 22 October 2019 - 02:50 PM

Sorry for hijacking this a bit, but I've had the same results. No matter my BMI, I always lose on chocolate mono, and I'd eat between 200-500g. I think the lowest BMI where I tried one was 16.5 or something like that. It really is magical lol.

No worries, it's actually really cool to have confirmation that other people also have these unbelievable results because sometimes I wonder if my scales are deceiving me. It seems impossible, and yet...

Stats  Challenges:

Spoiler

#331 Winterfae

Winterfae

Twilight's Dawn

• Accountability access
  • 15385 posts

Posted 22 October 2019 - 02:54 PM

I'd vaguely heard of mono diets before, and kind of considered them over a week or so thinking maybe once I got tired of the food I'd eat little enough of it to make the calories work out. It's only been today I've taken a proper look at the idea and realised the whole "messing with your digestive system" aspect of it; I'm fascinated now, and increasingly tempted to give some monos a try! My BMI is - well let's just say I won't be posting it in my sig any time soon lmao - I'm veeeery much a bulimic rather than anything else, of the kind that is not likely to get to underweight *eyeroll* so I'm thinking if it works even for you guys, maybe it'll work as well for me with my higher BMR.

I'd say that it would be really likely to work with a higher BMR but also, if you are struggling with b/p it genuinely helped me get b/p free days when I would otherwise have binged. Sometimes it feels like it could be a trigger, but if I pick something I am craving a lot like a very specific type of chocolate and I hold myself accountable here, I am unlikely to break it because I get to eat the binge food, stay b/p free AND lose weight.

Obviously there are far healthier ways to go b/p free, but, to be frank, they weren't working for me and this was. Monos or fasting seem to be the only way I can get a week without b/p, so I'd rather screw with my digestive system this way that screw with my entire body the way b/p affects it.

Again, not wanting to encourage you to try it, but being open about what it does for me, as someone who normally wouldn't be able to get a full week b/p free, sometimes the mono days are the only ones I get a break.

• Jadexox likes this

Stats  Challenges:

Spoiler

#332 Winterfae

Winterfae

Twilight's Dawn

• Accountability access
  • 15385 posts

Posted 24 October 2019 - 09:01 AM

I really wanted to get some Reeces Peanut Butter Pumpkins for Halloween mono and everywhere I go they're sold out!

• rainbowrage1411 likes this

Stats  Challenges:

Spoiler

#333 Winterfae

Winterfae

Twilight's Dawn

• Accountability access
  • 15385 posts

Posted 29 October 2019 - 06:30 AM

I found a 2 day mono result I forgot to post so will update those both now. Hopefully get a new one soon too.

Stats  Challenges:

Spoiler

#334 Winterfae

Winterfae

Twilight's Dawn

• Accountability access
  • 15385 posts

Posted 29 October 2019 - 06:34 AM

MIXED ALDI & LIDL WHITE CHOCOLATE MONO (DAY 1)

SW: 52.9kg

Intake: 400g White chocolate (200g Lidl, 200g Aldi own brands)
Packaging: Cardboard box, foil paper wrapper
Sustainability: Fairtrade, no palm oil
Water: 3.5L

Cost: £2.98
Cals In: 2302
Cals Out: 1800 approx
BM: Yes (Note: diarrhoea the next day)

RESULTS:

CW: 52.5kg
-0.4kg (-0.88lbs)

NOTES:

200g bar from each Aldi and Lidl own range. More than my usual 300g and yet still lost. Would note that I had some digestive issues and stomach pains that I didn’t get on chocolate monos before, this could be because I’ve screwed up my gut bacteria so be warned. I also have some stomach issues anyway, that it would be impossible to blame on monos as I was having them as far back as 2013 and only started monos around 2017, but still be cautious.

CONCLUSION:
Mixing brands and eating a higher gram amount seems to be fine

• Zenthereal, MadForGarlic and Star_Light like this

Stats  Challenges:

Spoiler

#335 MadForGarlic

MadForGarlic

Choose your own title! PM Admin or Bibs.

• Accountability access
  • 19140 posts

Posted 29 October 2019 - 06:40 AM

All the astonishing results with chocolate mono... congrats! Few questions, does 400g of chocolate bloat you? I'm afraid of bloating weight. And do you think not going over gram limit is important for weight loss on choc mono? Because although going over tdee you're losing weight

• cinnamonstevia likes this

is this real?  :lol:  I'm dead inside it's been 2 years already!

Spoiler

#336 Winterfae

Winterfae

Twilight's Dawn

• Accountability access
  • 15385 posts

Posted 29 October 2019 - 06:40 AM

MIXED ALDI & LIDL WHITE DARK/RICH MILK CHOCOLATE MONO (DAY 2)

SW: 52.5kg

Intake: 400g Dark/Rich Milk chocolate
Packaging: Cardboard box, foil paper wrapper
Sustainability: Fairtrade, no palm oil
Water: 3.5L

Cost: £2.98
Cals In: 2256
Cals Out: 1800 approx
BM: Yes (Note: diarrhoea, and again the following day)

RESULTS:

CW: 52.1kg
-0.4kg (-0.88lbs)

NOTES:

200g bar from each Aldi and Lidl own range, though one calls it Dark and the other Rich Milk they have the same ingredients. Again ate 100g over my usual 300g and still lost. Bad stomach pains during the day, drank 2 large mugs of peppermint tea. More BM’s during the course of the day.

CONCLUSION:
Mixing brands and eating 400g on the second day resulted in the same loss again. Possibly screwed up my ability to digest chocolate properly hence the pain. This might support the enzymes theory.

Stats  Challenges:

Spoiler

#337 Winterfae

Winterfae

Twilight's Dawn

• Accountability access
  • 15385 posts

Posted 29 October 2019 - 06:43 AM

All the astonishing results with chocolate mono... congrats! Few questions, does 400g of chocolate bloat you? I'm afraid of bloating weight. And do you think not going over gram limit is important for weight loss on choc mono? Because although going over tdee you're losing weight

Thanks!
No, the chocolate doesn't bloat me. I thought it would but having done loads of chocolate monos I can safely say they never bloat me. I think the gram limit is probably appropriate. I did the 400g limit when I was above a BMI 17.5, so that is the correct amount I think, although on others I was sticking to 300g even though in my absence from monos I gained above that BMI range too.
For most mono foods going over the gram limit would be really high above TDEE because they are calorie dense, so say it was chocolate and I did another extra 100g, that's 600 more cals. I think eventually it would start to affect the results.
I still can't explain why I go over my TDEE and lose, but I'll keep posting results and theories!

Stats  Challenges:

Spoiler

#338 MadForGarlic

MadForGarlic

Choose your own title! PM Admin or Bibs.

• Accountability access
  • 19140 posts

Posted 29 October 2019 - 06:51 AM

Ah thanks a lot 😊

is this real?  :lol:  I'm dead inside it's been 2 years already!

Spoiler

#339 Winterfae

Winterfae

Twilight's Dawn

• Accountability access
  • 15385 posts

Posted 29 October 2019 - 07:46 AM

Ah thanks a lot

You're welcome :)

Stats  Challenges:

Spoiler

#340 Jadexox

Jadexox

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • LocationWonderland

Posted 29 October 2019 - 12:20 PM

Still so interesting to read about your results, and to see that despite on/off monos you have maintained the weight lost, really well done! 

I am thinking to do a chocolate mono tomorrow, I don't care that much for the weight lost but I am so tired of eating normal food, preparing it, counting calories/logging etc. I just need a 'day off' where I don't have to waste my thoughts on to what I eat/don't eat, so I reckon monoing is an ideal solution to avert any binges etc. 

I'll be doing a mono on stevia sweetened vegan chocolate. 

A 42gr bar includes the following: 

196 kcal 

5.9gr carbs

15gr fats

2.5gr protein

I plan on eating around 8 of these - 336grams - from the same brand. 

(total of 1568 kcal, 47gr carbs, 120gr fats, 20.2gr protein) which calorie wise is below my TDEE but macro wise is 2x as much fat as I consume.

My current BMI is 16.5

I will report back with results, eventhough weight loss is not my priority but it'll be interesting to see the results.  

• Star_Light and cinnamonstevia like this

Alice: "That's impossible."

The Mad Hatter: "Only if you believe it is."

5'8 -- 112lbs 

Accountability

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mono, diet, experiment, results, chocolate, risky, fear foods, weight loss, weekly, weekend

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users