Mono Experiment Results of 'Risky' Foods - Page 19 - Mono diet - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Mono Experiment Results of 'Risky' Foods

mono diet experiment results chocolate risky fear foods weight loss weekly weekend

• Please log in to reply
391 replies to this topic

#361 Winterfae

Winterfae

Twilight's Dawn

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15377 posts
  • LocationNot Flirting With You from The Twisted Kingdom

Posted 11 November 2019 - 02:11 PM

Always thanks for your great work! I'm also planning monos on cashew, almond and coconut butter. (Just one day for each) I can't wait. (I have to be paid first aha)
I also find it's so hard to stick to the gram limit. If I stash a mono food that its amount excesses the gram limit, I tend to end up eating all I have at the moment. And if I can easily buy it, I just end the amount I planned and bought, and just rush to the mart, grab an extra and then go over my limit. It's so hard to keep the gram limit with high caloric food that are fairly cheap and buyable from nearby stores.
So I will buy an abroad brand nut butters on the internet. Anyway in here there's nowhere I can buy a natural nut butter.

Thanks!
I'm pretty mad at myself because the last cashew mono was so much of a success but I guess I deserve the reminder that you can't really cheat on a mono and just eat other things, or it doesn't work.
I was exactly the same with the Reese's, I kept buying more even though I knew I shouldn't.
Good luck on the nut butters, usually they're really great for me, I just had so little self control lately.

• MadForGarlic likes this

The Abyss: Through-the-Twisted-Kingdom
Fae's Fantastic Guide To Flirting: Fabulous Fuck-ups & How To Avoid Them (A.K.A Awkward Aspie Anecdotes & Appalling Alliteration)

Fae Tales & Spoken Word Poetryhttps://www.youtube.com/user/TheVioletRaven/
"I am a Titan. A Monolith. Nothing can stop me." ~ "Not finished yet. Still have work to do."

Stats  Challenges:

Spoiler

#362 Winterfae

Winterfae

Twilight's Dawn

• Accountability access
  • 15377 posts

Posted 11 November 2019 - 02:15 PM

Being B/P free for a day is great - congrats on that. And the gain isn't that much really, I think if I did a reeses mono I'd easily eat 1kg (not kidding unfortunately..) Looking forward to your report and thanks for your updates always - you're a star! 

Thank you :)
It feels good to remember that even if it didn't have the weight loss I hoped for my throat and glands and stomach are getting a rest from b/p. I know I need to tackle that as a priority, so getting any number of days off is great, and the more I can do one after the other the better. On day 3 now and it feels good in one way, though the craving to do it is strong too.

• MadForGarlic likes this

Fae's Fantastic Guide To Flirting: Fabulous Fuck-ups & How To Avoid Them (A.K.A Awkward Aspie Anecdotes & Appalling Alliteration)

"I am a Titan. A Monolith. Nothing can stop me." ~ "Not finished yet. Still have work to do."

Stats  Challenges:

Spoiler

#363 Winterfae

Winterfae

Twilight's Dawn

• Accountability access
  • 15377 posts

Posted 11 November 2019 - 02:31 PM

Even though I usually only do mono's on the weekend I did one today as well, on M&S Blond Chocolate.

White chocolate has always been a high success rate for me and I needed to start my week without risk of b/p. I had a real craving for Lindor White Chocolate and like last time, I couldn't find it anywhere! I looked in all the shops around my city, I think there is one more place I can look tomorrow and see if I can get some because now it's a real fixation. On the plus side this single mindedness has stopped me from wanting other types of food, except maybe eggs.
I'm either going to fast or juice fast for a couple of days and then thinking about an egg mono just to get a decent number of days b/p free before I go away next weekend.

I'll update tomorrow with the results. Hopeful for this one since for once I not only stuck to the gram limit but stopped eating before 8pm.

Stats  Challenges:

Spoiler

#364 Winterfae

Winterfae

Twilight's Dawn

• Accountability access
  • 15377 posts

Posted 12 November 2019 - 06:20 AM

M&S SWISS BLOND WHITE CHOCOLATE MONO
SW: 52.2kg

Intake: 3x 100g M&S Swiss Blond White Chocolate
Packaging: recyclable; card and foil
Sustainability: No palm oil
Water: 3.5L

Cost: Β£4.50
Cals In: 1791
Cals Out: 1953
BM: Yes

RESULTS:
CW: 51.8kg
Loss: -0.4kg (+0.88lbs)

NOTES:
Got sick of the white chocolate really quickly this time, felt nauseous and finished it all by 6pm to get it over with. I had a headache too but I've had a cold coming on the last couple of days so not sure what is a result of that and what's the mono. I weighed in first thing with disappointingly no change but then went to the bathroom (have mentioned the consequences of white choc monos in the past) and down 0.4kgs. Worth mentioning as I try to weigh at the same time every day after going to the bathroom, and sometimes I get up really early and disappoint myself before I remember to check the time.

CONCLUSION:
Slight deficit this time, so not surprising I lost, it is surprising I lost so much again though. Really a good one to break a plateaux.

• MadForGarlic and Star_Light like this

Stats  Challenges:

Spoiler

#365 Winterfae

Winterfae

Twilight's Dawn

• Accountability access
  • 15377 posts

Posted 14 November 2019 - 06:36 PM

No mono this weekend since I'm away with family, been b/p again during the week but weight still at 51.7kg so keeping off the weight I lost by doing  the last mono.

• Star_Light likes this

Stats  Challenges:

Spoiler

#366 Winterfae

Winterfae

Twilight's Dawn

• Accountability access
  • 15377 posts

Posted 23 November 2019 - 01:45 AM

Sorry to the 20 people who were following this thread, I didn't have time to update this week so you've all automatically unfollowed.
Hopefully you manage to see this message, sorry again.
Just MPA's thing that if you don't update for a week you lose all your followers and have no way to even know who to tag to let them know the threads still active.

Stats  Challenges:

Spoiler

#367 Winterfae

Winterfae

Twilight's Dawn

• Accountability access
  • 15377 posts

Posted 25 November 2019 - 04:07 AM

I FINALLY managed to get some white Lindor to try the white chocolate mono again, to see if that was just a fluke or not.

Unfortunately can't actually do the mono this weekend due to an apt coming up on the 2nd but will update you then when I do.

• From185to110 likes this

Stats  Challenges:

Spoiler

#368 Jfb5319

Jfb5319

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 November 2019 - 12:37 AM

I follow all the rules but these monos aren’t working for me. I did the Nutella mono diet and I don’t think I lost any weight. I feel so fat and disgusting idk what to do.

#369 Winterfae

Winterfae

Twilight's Dawn

• Accountability access
  • 15377 posts

Posted 26 November 2019 - 03:56 PM

I follow all the rules but these monos aren’t working for me. I did the Nutella mono diet and I don’t think I lost any weight. I feel so fat and disgusting idk what to do.

If monos don't work for you, then don't do them. Try something else instead. It would be a lot better to go for a healthy balanced diet than try these anyway. As I said before, I don't recommend anyone to try them, this thread is my experiments on myself. 

Stats  Challenges:

Spoiler

#370 From185to110

From185to110

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 26 November 2019 - 05:17 PM

I FINALLY managed to get some white Lindor to try the white chocolate mono again, to see if that was just a fluke or not.

Unfortunately can't actually do the mono this weekend due to an apt coming up on the 2nd but will update you then when I do.

I have always lost on chocolate monos especially white chocolate and smarties. I once went from 130-118 within a week just from doing the chocolate mono. Ate 800-1400 calories a day.

#371 Winterfae

Winterfae

Twilight's Dawn

• Accountability access
  • 15377 posts

Posted 27 November 2019 - 04:53 AM

I have always lost on chocolate monos especially white chocolate and smarties. I once went from 130-118 within a week just from doing the chocolate mono. Ate 800-1400 calories a day.

Me too, except this time! I managed to gain 0.2kg and I am mad as hell right now lol. I will post a full report once I'm calmer.

Stats  Challenges:

Spoiler

#372 Winterfae

Winterfae

Twilight's Dawn

• Accountability access
  • 15377 posts

Posted 03 December 2019 - 07:23 PM

I forgot to update again but I will! I have all the data I just need time to be online and get that out. Next one will either be yoghurt or more white Lindor because I bought bars as well as the filled truffles

• Star_Light likes this

Stats  Challenges:

Spoiler

#373 Winterfae

Winterfae

Twilight's Dawn

• Accountability access
  • 15377 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 10:55 AM

I wanna get back to monos so bad! 
But I'm fasting right now and then I need to take a bit to refeed before I try monos so the results are accurate. 

I just bought vegan chocolate spread though, so I know what the next one I want to do it going to be. I def want to try the pudding monos as well because I have the ingredients and every time I just fail to pre-prep in advance and end up doing a regular chocolate mono. 

• Absence and Star_Light like this

Stats  Challenges:

Spoiler

#374 Winterfae

Winterfae

Twilight's Dawn

• Accountability access
  • 15377 posts

Posted 22 January 2020 - 01:45 PM

Fasting/Mono Comparison

6 days chocolate = -2.2kg/4.8lbs
6 days of fasting = -2.8kg/6.1lbs

Difference of 0.6kg/1.3lbs

Over a week, the chocolate mono at least is almost comparable weight loss to outright fasting. This is fascinating for me. I can't explain why this should be the case, but I wanted to share it here.

In future, I will be seriously considering if I need to lose 5ish lbs in a week, that I could do so by using monos instead of fasting. I have a deep and nostalgic affection for fasting. But in everything they help me with (i.e. stop binging and have more energy) the chocolate mono seems to have done too, without the bounce-back at the end.

After the 6 day chocolate mono, I did some normal eating, and gained back only 0.2kg/0.4lb. After a fast it could easily be 1kg/2.2lbs of water and food weight. So that means the mono could actually be more effective in the long term as, I would be more likely to gain from food after a fast, but also more likely to go back to serious binging, where with monos even if I binge a couple of times in the week, I can reliably lose at the weekend on a mono.

Further to this I have done another couple of fasts and I think the comparison is really interesting.
On one I only lost 0.8kg by day 6.
On the other I lost 2.7kg by day 6.
Still very comparable results for the mono, to the second fast, especially since after a fast I gain and after a mono I don't.

• Raphael and Star_Light like this

Stats  Challenges:

Spoiler

#375 Jadexox

Jadexox

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • LocationWonderland

Posted 27 January 2020 - 07:18 AM

Further to this I have done another couple of fasts and I think the comparison is really interesting.
On one I only lost 0.8kg by day 6.
On the other I lost 2.7kg by day 6.
Still very comparable results for the mono, to the second fast, especially since after a fast I gain and after a mono I don't.

The whole part about weight regain after a mono is so interesting, especially following along your journey. 

For some reason, I was never a fan of fasting. It feels great the first few hours/day, but then I just get cranky, hangry and too food focused. 

Meanwhile with Mono's, I PERSONALLY feel like you just have piece of mind because you don't worry what you'll eat next/how to prepare it etc. Still a miracle to me but your journey is absolutely interesting, especially since you keep accurate log/take into consideration science and monitor eveerything closely to then share it here - thank you! 

Alice: "That's impossible."

The Mad Hatter: "Only if you believe it is."

5'8 -- 112lbs 

Accountability

#376 Winterfae

Winterfae

Twilight's Dawn

• Accountability access
  • 15377 posts

Posted 28 January 2020 - 03:02 AM

The whole part about weight regain after a mono is so interesting, especially following along your journey.
For some reason, I was never a fan of fasting. It feels great the first few hours/day, but then I just get cranky, hangry and too food focused.

Meanwhile with Mono's, I PERSONALLY feel like you just have piece of mind because you don't worry what you'll eat next/how to prepare it etc. Still a miracle to me but your journey is absolutely interesting, especially since you keep accurate log/take into consideration science and monitor eveerything closely to then share it here - thank you!

You're so welcome! Thanks, that means a lot to me.

The peace of mind aspect is a big deal for me actually, I think it's the same reassurance I get from fasting but without the constant need to check myself on cravings and binge urges because I know I'm eating every few hours.

I'm keen to try some new monos in Feb but to make it properly scientific I'll do at least a week of high restriction between fasting and monos since I think coming right off a fast or a binge isn't going to give accurate results when the body needs to balance out fluids and glycogen stores and food weight etc.

I'm hoping over time we can learn the real science of monos. If I was rich I'd be funding research!

Stats  Challenges:

Spoiler

#377 Winterfae

Winterfae

Twilight's Dawn

• Accountability access
  • 15377 posts

Posted 28 January 2020 - 05:41 PM

So, even though I said I would try restricting to get a baseline and then monos after, I'm getting sucked back into a binge cycle so I'm going to do a super unscientific mono, and it's not even an interesting risky one, just the same types of chocolate that have given me the best results in the past.

I will definitely be doing proper monos from a stable baseline of moderate restriction as of next month, but I need to see the rest of January out without another b/p if I can bc my throat is killing me and sooner or later it's all going to catch up to me and I'll gain. So chocolate mono tomorrow!

• Star_Light likes this

Stats  Challenges:

Spoiler

#378 Winterfae

Winterfae

Twilight's Dawn

• Accountability access
  • 15377 posts

Posted 30 January 2020 - 03:19 AM

RICH MILK CHOCOLATE MONO (DAY 1)

SW: 49.8kg

Intake: 400g Lidl Rich Milk Chocolate

Water: 3.5L

Cost: Β£2.78
Cals In: 2308
Cals Out: 1558
BM: Yes

RESULTS:

CW: 49.8kg
-0.kg

BF%: 20.7% (-0.1%)
BF: 10.31kg (-0.05kg)

NOTES:
Felt shit all day, however this was consistent with the previous day and more likely to do with purging previously than the start of the mono. I had green tea and electrolytes instead of plain water, ate 100g over my gram limit, and ate after 8pm, so basically broke all the rules. In spite of this is I didn't actually gain any weight, went a day without purging, and lost 0.1% fat and gained 0.1% water so though the experiment failed it was a success in the way I needed it to be.

CONCLUSION:

Don't go over the gram limit for your BMI, and don't eat after 8pm. There are clearly guidelines for a reason, and they seem to work when you follow them, and not when you don't.

• Star_Light likes this

Stats  Challenges:

Spoiler

#379 Star_Light

Star_Light

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2187 posts

Posted 30 January 2020 - 03:25 AM

I've noticed this too.I ate more than my gram limit a few times with milk chocolate (which is why I don't do mono with milk chocolate anymore, it tastes better but it doesn't make me full like dark chocolate does). I never gained weight, even in the days after, only maintained. Which was already quite a relief.

But yeah clearly the rules need to be respected.

Mono thread (different monos and results) :

https://www.myproana...chocolate-eggs/

Positivity thread :

https://www.myproana...s-pixie-dust-β˜€/

tumblr_m3xy3v8SV81rodiav.gif

#380 Winterfae

Winterfae

Twilight's Dawn

• Accountability access
  • 15377 posts

Posted 31 January 2020 - 04:59 AM

I've noticed this too.I ate more than my gram limit a few times with milk chocolate (which is why I don't do mono with milk chocolate anymore, it tastes better but it doesn't make me full like dark chocolate does). I never gained weight, even in the days after, only maintained. Which was already quite a relief.

But yeah clearly the rules need to be respected.

I find it so interesting that it is really specific, like when my BMI was higher the last time I did this exact type of rich milk choc mono, I did 400g and lost. So when it got after 8pm and I was a bit hungry I though, hey, it probably won't matter, I had 400g last time. But it really does relate to your category, and I should have been in the 300g limit this time.

Maintaining is sometimes the goal for me because even though I do want to get to my UGW I still really have to get control of the b/p, so if I have a day I don't gain and I don't purge it's a big success. It's fascinating to me that it's similar for you as well, there is obviously something happening we still don't understand about why it works, only that it does.

• Star_Light likes this

Stats  Challenges:

Spoiler

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mono, diet, experiment, results, chocolate, risky, fear foods, weight loss, weekly, weekend

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users