Mono Experiment Results of 'Risky' Foods - Page 5 - Mono diet - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Mono Experiment Results of 'Risky' Foods

mono diet experiment results chocolate risky fear foods weight loss weekly weekend

• Please log in to reply
391 replies to this topic

#81 Winterfae

Winterfae

Twilight's Dawn

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16401 posts
  • LocationWorrying about Crow in The Twisted Kingdom

Posted 24 January 2018 - 05:36 AM

will be following your post! 

Ah only seeing the new additions now >_< this notification business is getting on my nerves

I'm following! 

Glad you are still with me! I can see followers listed but unless people actually look at the forum chances are new posts will get missed. I am enjoying the project though so I'll be keeping going with it :)

• TopazSkeleton likes this

~ A Witch comes out of lockdown stronger than before ~

The Abyss: Through-the-Twisted-Kingdom
Fae's Fantastic Guide To Flirting: Fabulous Fuck-ups & How To Avoid Them
Fae Tales & Spoken Word Poetry: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheVioletRaven/

B/P Free Counter:

zero

Stats & Challenges:

Spoiler

#82 Winterfae

Winterfae

Twilight's Dawn

• Accountability access
  • 16401 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 05:47 AM

RAW VEGAN CHOCOLATE MONO

Intake: 230g Homemade Raw chocolate (Cocoa butter, coconut oil, raw cacao powder, lucuma powder, carob powder)
Cals: 1998 (approx)
Water: 2.5L

Cost: ? I had all the ingredients anyway, and this made a 600g batch. £5 maybe? I bought in bulk to make Christmas presents.  
BM: No

RESULTS:
-0lb

NOTES: I couldn't bring myself to eat so many little bars; I had made a huge 300g stack of 15g bars, but it might have been easier mentally to eat 3x 100g bars, one at each mealtime rather than a few spread out here and there. By 8pm I gave one away so I only had to have 3 (45g), and then later realised I had left several in the fridge that I'd thought I had eaten. It's a lovely recipe, but difficult to eat in large quantities. I hope that the oil content will help my hair and skin because I lack fats in my usual diet, and it apparently has minerals and antioxidants and all the good stuff. 

CONCLUSION:  I did not lose on this, but neither did I have a BM. The following day I had 4. I don't know if this was the chia seeds from the previous day, or the oils in the chocolate helping things along, but after 1L (1kg) kg of tea I was only up 0.3kg the next again morning so I think that there was a loss, but it was disguised by the lack of BM. I will definitely be trying this one again too, and not back to back with another mono so I get more accurate results.

• TopazSkeleton likes this

B/P Free Counter:

zero

Stats & Challenges:

Spoiler

#83 Winterfae

Winterfae

Twilight's Dawn

• Accountability access
  • 16401 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 05:51 AM

I had an 800 cal day yesterday and I will be doing a Halo Top Mono today (Peanut Butter) and I have a stash of Cinnamon Roll and Mint so those will be soon as well. Expect more updates than usual as I am really excited about this and I couldn't wait to do just one per week. I am not sure if I will do a 3 day, or alternate with 500-800cal days so each is an experiment in it's own right (I do like having a day in between where I can indulge guilt-free in those fruit and veg cravings I get after eating but not purging sweet foods.)

• MaskofaLostGirl and TopazSkeleton like this

B/P Free Counter:

zero

Stats & Challenges:

Spoiler

#84 Winterfae

Winterfae

Twilight's Dawn

• Accountability access
  • 16401 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 07:44 AM

HALO TOP MONO - DAY 1/3 PEANUT BUTTER CUP

Intake: 3 pints Halo Top (Peanut Butter Cup Flavour)
Cals: 960
Water: 2L

Cost: £7.50 (half price offer) 
BM: Yes

RESULTS:
-0.9lb

NOTES: Very happy with this mono. Would 100% do it again. It was really satisfying and for the first time in a LONG time I haven't had the urge to purge ice cream because I felt safe with the cals and also the tub it is a reasonable volume to have in one go, without feeling you've overdone it, but certainly feeling it was enough. I liked that I was getting decent protein for the day to. A bit worried what the sugar and dairy will do to my complexion but if it helps me stop b/p I am all for it. Not bored of ice cream yet so I will do the mint one tomorrow.

CONCLUSION: Successful mono, definitely good for when you're having an ice cream craving.  

• InHerNeverland, MaskofaLostGirl and TopazSkeleton like this

B/P Free Counter:

zero

Stats & Challenges:

Spoiler

#85 Winterfae

Winterfae

Twilight's Dawn

• Accountability access
  • 16401 posts

Posted 26 January 2018 - 10:30 AM

HALO TOP MONO - DAY 2/3 MINT CHIP

Intake: 3 pints Halo Top (Mint Chip Flavour)

RESULTS:
-0.65lb

NOTES: So loving this mono. I get to eat ice cream 3 times a day with absolutely no guilt, knowing I am getting my protein for the day. I will say that my fears for my skin seem to be well founded, have a large spot appear on my forehead when it had been significantly clearer through restricting days and healthier monos with fewer b/p's so I think the sugar/dairy are having an effect. Otherwise I feel great. I didn't feel like I had lost this morning but more than half a pound overnight is pretty impressive considering I did no exercise either.

CONCLUSION: Successful 2 day mono, weight loss slower on day 2 but still significant enough to retry. Would be cost prohibitive at full price though.

B/P Free Counter:

zero

Stats & Challenges:

Spoiler

#86 Winterfae

Winterfae

Twilight's Dawn

• Accountability access
  • 16401 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 11:35 AM

HALO TOP MONO - DAY 3/3 CINNAMON ROLL

Intake: 3 pints Halo Top (Cinnamon Roll)
Cals: 1080

RESULTS:
No Change

NOTES: Had a friend in crisis that I had to see when I should have been having my evening portion, so I ended up not having it until midnight. I am not sure if this affected the results, I usually try to stay within the guidelines to finish eating around 8. Although cals were above 1000 this shouldn't have exceeded my TDEE but the results are also in keeping with the general trend of weight loss slowing them stopping the more days you do in a row.

CONCLUSION: Successful in that I still got to eat ice cream all day and not gain, but would have to try again to see if the timing had an effect. I have 3 more days worth of Halo Top in the freezer (Chocolate, Vanilla Bean and Cookie Dough) so I will be trying that at some point in the next month.

B/P Free Counter:

zero

Stats & Challenges:

Spoiler

#87 Winterfae

Winterfae

Twilight's Dawn

• Accountability access
  • 16401 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 05:48 PM

I have started a trend of buying mono foods in advance whenever I crave something so I am starting to stockpile quite a lot of stuff that could trigger a binge. 
To keep me accountable and let you know the future monos I will list them here and you'll be seeing these in the next few weeks. Because I have some weekends where I will be busy or away from scales I am just doing them whenever, and I realised many of the ones I want to do involve dairy products which I plan to give up for lent (longstanding tradition) so after the 13th Feb there will be dairy and sugar free ones to try out. 

This is the list of what I've bought so far, not necessarily in the order I will try it in though. 

- 3 Day's worth of Halo Top (vanilla, chocolate, cookie dough)

- 3 Days worth of frosting (vanilla, chocolate, salted caramel)

- Fibre One chocolate brownies

Non-dairy list:

- Quinoa
- Chia pudding (almond milk/cashew milk)
- Porridge/oatmeal

B/P Free Counter:

zero

Stats & Challenges:

Spoiler

#88 Winterfae

Winterfae

Twilight's Dawn

• Accountability access
  • 16401 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 06:11 AM

REESE'S MONO

Intake: 12 Reese's Trees
Cals: 2040

Cost: £3 (half price offer) 

RESULTS:
+ 1lb

NOTES: I really crave these so when I saw them on offer I had to try them. There were 2 packs of 6 and though I thought I could limit myself to 300g, I went over by 108g and ate all 12 instead of the 9 I should have. Very easy to overeat on these. 

CONCLUSION: Unsuccessful, but if I had stuck to the gram limit and also not gone over the time limit (ate too late again) maybe the results in the morning would have been different. May repeat but for now I will write this one off and try others. 

• Willowtree1359 and Miren like this

B/P Free Counter:

zero

Stats & Challenges:

Spoiler

#89 MaskofaLostGirl

MaskofaLostGirl

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 09:50 AM

REESE'S MONO

Intake: 12 Reese's Trees
Cals: 2040

Cost: £3 (half price offer) 

RESULTS:
+ 1lb

NOTES: I really crave these so when I saw them on offer I had to try them. There were 2 packs of 6 and though I thought I could limit myself to 300g, I went over by 108g and ate all 12 instead of the 9 I should have. Very easy to overeat on these. 

CONCLUSION: Unsuccessful, but if I had stuck to the gram limit and also not gone over the time limit (ate too late again) maybe the results in the morning would have been different. May repeat but for now I will write this one off and try others. 

love that you're doing these for us! ur amazing 

on day two of an apple mono, i forget how WELL AND QUICKLY these work. SO TIRED OF apples but i'm determined to get back down to my lowest and drop another 1.5 lbs by Friday !!!

• Willowtree1359 and Winterfae like this

#90 MaskofaLostGirl

MaskofaLostGirl

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 10:06 AM

HALO TOP MONO - DAY 2/3 MINT CHIP

Intake: 3 pints Halo Top (Mint Chip Flavour)

RESULTS:
-0.65lb

NOTES: So loving this mono. I get to eat ice cream 3 times a day with absolutely no guilt, knowing I am getting my protein for the day. I will say that my fears for my skin seem to be well founded, have a large spot appear on my forehead when it had been significantly clearer through restricting days and healthier monos with fewer b/p's so I think the sugar/dairy are having an effect. Otherwise I feel great. I didn't feel like I had lost this morning but more than half a pound overnight is pretty impressive considering I did no exercise either.

CONCLUSION: Successful 2 day mono, weight loss slower on day 2 but still significant enough to retry. Would be cost prohibitive at full price though.

HALO TOP MONO - DAY 1/3 PEANUT BUTTER CUP

Intake: 3 pints Halo Top (Peanut Butter Cup Flavour)

RESULTS:
-0.9lb

NOTES: Very happy with this mono. Would 100% do it again. It was really satisfying and for the first time in a LONG time I haven't had the urge to purge ice cream because I felt safe with the cals and also the tub it is a reasonable volume to have in one go, without feeling you've overdone it, but certainly feeling it was enough. I liked that I was getting decent protein for the day to. A bit worried what the sugar and dairy will do to my complexion but if it helps me stop b/p I am all for it. Not bored of ice cream yet so I will do the mint one tomorrow.

CONCLUSION: Successful mono, definitely good for when you're having an ice cream craving.  

omg I'm SOOO HAPPY to hear that this mono worked. I chickened out of starting a Halo Top mono a few weeks ago... but I'll definitely e doing it. I'll do Breyer's Delights though - their chocolate flavor is so creamy it's amazing. 

Thanks for keeping us updated <3 !!

• Willowtree1359 likes this

#91 Winterfae

Winterfae

Twilight's Dawn

• Accountability access
  • 16401 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 04:33 AM

omg I'm SOOO HAPPY to hear that this mono worked. I chickened out of starting a Halo Top mono a few weeks ago... but I'll definitely e doing it. I'll do Breyer's Delights though - their chocolate flavor is so creamy it's amazing. 
Thanks for keeping us updated <3 !!

You're welcome! I just found out that Breyers Delight will be on offer too so I want to try that as well. I was really pleased with this one, and calorie wise its not too different than a protein shake mono so that might be why it works so well. Def going to do it again.
  • MaskofaLostGirl likes this

B/P Free Counter:

zero

Stats & Challenges:

Spoiler

#92 Winterfae

Winterfae

Twilight's Dawn

• Accountability access
  • 16401 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 04:35 AM

love that you're doing these for us! ur amazing 

on day two of an apple mono, i forget how WELL AND QUICKLY these work. SO TIRED OF apples but i'm determined to get back down to my lowest and drop another 1.5 lbs by Friday !!!

Good luck. I am craving some healthy monos atm, the good thing about them is you get sick of anything, even trigger foods, if you stick with it. So ready for a fruit/veg one hahah.

B/P Free Counter:

zero

Stats & Challenges:

Spoiler

#93 Winterfae

Winterfae

Twilight's Dawn

• Accountability access
  • 16401 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 04:40 AM

Confession/lesson. I totally binged on the extra Reese's and brownies and frosting I was saving for my next monos and that lead to another binge. I cannot be trusted to store foods and also can't do monos when I have pmt because I turn into a ravenous emotional wreck. So, in conclusion, I will try to schedule safer foods in to the end of the month and I will have to resist buying good offers on cut price foods because it's a waste of money if I binge, and too much temptation if I get emotional.

B/P Free Counter:

zero

Stats & Challenges:

Spoiler

#94 Guest_laulau77_*

Guest_laulau77_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 February 2018 - 04:50 PM

I wish I could try a Halo Top mono one day... Unfortunately, I can't find it here (Canada).

Regarding your confession/lesson, I'm the same... I can't keep large amounts of food in my house either.

Anyway, good luck for your next monos! Your thread is very interesting. :)

• Winterfae likes this

#95 Winterfae

Winterfae

Twilight's Dawn

• Accountability access
  • 16401 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 04:47 PM

I wish I could try a Halo Top mono one day... Unfortunately, I can't find it here (Canada).

Regarding your confession/lesson, I'm the same... I can't keep large amounts of food in my house either.

Anyway, good luck for your next monos! Your thread is very interesting. :)

Thank you very much. :)

I have learned my lesson this time I think! better to have to pay a little bit more if what I want isn't on offer, than have to buy it twice or more if my control breaks.

B/P Free Counter:

zero

Stats & Challenges:

Spoiler

#96 Winterfae

Winterfae

Twilight's Dawn

• Accountability access
  • 16401 posts

Posted 04 February 2018 - 08:11 AM

I will definitely be scheduling in the second 3 day Halo Top mono before the 13th (Shrove Tuesday) as I will be giving up dairy, wheat and sugar for Lent. I might have mentioned this already, sorry if I am repeating myself. I am not religious but when I was younger I went to church and it is an established habit for me to do this. I feel like it is good to have a point in the year where you can have discipline, and though it has never managed to lead to permanent change, knowing I can resist for a period of weeks is a big deal to me. I hope that I can also quit b/p during this time as I won't have the same options for binge food, but obviously this never worked in the past, always hope for the future.

Good luck to anyone else on mono's this week. I know the schedule is a bit all over the place because of being out of town on weekends a few times but I will get back on track and keep the updates going.

• Willowtree1359 and ArgentumTears like this

B/P Free Counter:

zero

Stats & Challenges:

Spoiler

#97 Winterfae

Winterfae

Twilight's Dawn

• Accountability access
  • 16401 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 04:18 PM

HALO TOP MONO - Cookie dough

Intake: 3 pints Halo Top (Cookie Dough Flavour)
Cals: 1080

RESULTS:
-1.3lb

NOTES: Post-binge weight so I expect that a lot of the loss was from food/water weight but it let me manage a day without and though I am still way up from a week of binging I got to eat ice cream and chill out with a book all day and still lose so ok w that.

B/P Free Counter:

zero

Stats & Challenges:

Spoiler

#98 Winterfae

Winterfae

Twilight's Dawn

• Accountability access
  • 16401 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 07:07 PM

I screwed up and binged during day 2 of the halo top mono so I'm going to save the final one for the end of lent, and continue with the plan to give up wheat sugar and chocolate.

This weekend I am planning to do a chia pudding mono made with Almond Breeze.

B/P Free Counter:

zero

Stats & Challenges:

Spoiler

#99 Winterfae

Winterfae

Twilight's Dawn

• Accountability access
  • 16401 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 03:51 PM

I haven't been feeling so good so I forgot to post the chia mono results. Sorry everyone.
I only lost 0.25lbs I'll do a proper entry about it when I'm more mentally with it.

B/P Free Counter:

zero

Stats & Challenges:

Spoiler

#100 Winterfae

Winterfae

Twilight's Dawn

• Accountability access
  • 16401 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 08:45 PM

CHIA PUDDING MONO

Intake: 30g Chia seeds made with 500ml Almond Breeze Unsweetened (13 cal per 100ml)
Cals: 200 approx

Cost: £1 not including chia seeds 

RESULTS:
-0.25lb

NOTES: Good consistency but forgot to mix one portion so it was a bit lumpy. Filling and satisfying. 

CONCLUSION: Successful mono, very low cal so still seeming to prove CICO, though loss was less than previous chia pudding I think this is due to food weight as no BM. Will repeat again to get better/more accurate average results.

• Star_Light likes this

B/P Free Counter:

zero

Stats & Challenges:

Spoiler

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mono, diet, experiment, results, chocolate, risky, fear foods, weight loss, weekly, weekend

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users