Yo can we bring this thread back lol
BACK WITH MORE OF THIS THREAD ! bc i'm ~*relapsing*~ lol
S02E06 - Martin
Stats: Age 32
'Week's worth of food' Tube: Chocolate bars for breakfast and lunch, tiny dinners, 20-30 cigarettes a day and tons of cofffee
- "I don't ever fancy food. There's been many days that I've not eaten."
- "I want to look lean and athletic. I have a big fear of taking my shirt off and looking pudgy."
- Dr. Jessen: "Do you ever feel hungry?" - Martin: "Very rarely." (they watch tons of cigarettes and coffee being thrown down the tube)
- Voiceover: "In the past, to stop him getting fat, he put a serious curb on carbs. He hasn't eaten potatoes in 15 years."
- "I just can't see how you can eat all of it. It looks disgusting."
- "I've never felt this full. It feels like I'm about to burst. It's physically an impossibility. Getting all this in me."
- "And this is just lunch?"... "The size of it..."
- "It's not possible to get all that in."..."I'm full up."..."It's a lot of food. A hell of a lot of food."
- While viewing body photos mounted on the wall: "I don't want a tub around the middle"
- "It's a horrible feeling just sitting and looking at that"..."I don't think I'll be able to finish any one of your meals"
- "Physically feel uncomfortable. I hate the feeling."..."I feel sick. I want to throw up." (he did throw up after that meal)
- "It was just rank. Absolutely rank. To eat that much." (Large chicken kebab and chips) "Just don't want to look at it."
So his backstory is that he started dieting at age 14 to get into being a professional Jockey and developed a ton of disordered behaviors (diuretics etc) to be as light as possible on race days. Ever since he's been obsessed with having good abs and looking "athletic" which seems to mean not having any abdominal fat. Like a lot of skinnies he's conditioned himself to consume tiny volumes of food at meals hence the common horror at the portion size of the supersize person's meals. His complaining was less about the qualities of the foods themselves and more just that large portions = revolting/sickening.